ADVERTISEMENT

Not to sound like an old fart whining about how you used to be able to get a lunch for $5, but...

I went to a restaurant in Kalona, Iowa (small town). It cost me $264 plus tips (for 4 people). We tipped $80. They charged a 4% credit card fee. I noticed that others in my neck of the woods are doing this.
Im confused - is this an attempt at a subtle brag? 45% tip? Complaint about CC fees? Complaint of the restaurant itemizing the costs?

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that a simple takeout lunch is now at least $10-12, and often even more.

Reataurants are clearly trying to recover some of those costs through drink prices and shrinking portions and quality. Hardly seems worth it any longer.

Do you have a breaking point or do you just say screw it and pay whatever it costs?
Just shy of $10 for a 6 inch Subway Club, chips and small drink. Then they have the balls to ask for a tip.

$5 foot longs was not that long ago. Hell I remember when the meatball sub was $1.69.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Dawg, I’m an independent who will support any president who’s effective and doesn’t push extreme agendas. Biden isn’t an effective leader or decision maker. Never has been.
Dawg. You don't have to be partisan to push a narrative. In your case, you just have to be contrarian which you have admitted you are. You

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
Dawg. You don't have to be partisan to push a narrative. In your case, you just have to be contrairian which you have admitted you are. You
The lack of accountability and obvious blame of Biden and the twits that follow him around in DC is glaringly obvious for anyone not on their knees for the Democratic Party.

I went to a restaurant in Kalona, Iowa (small town). It cost me $264 plus tips (for 4 people). We tipped $80. They charged a 4% credit card fee. I noticed that others in my neck of the woods are doing this.
I've eaten at that sale barn in Kalona too, but it never cost me more than $10 bucks for lunch...and that included pie and a tip.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Just shy of $10 for a 6 inch Subway Club, chips and small drink. Then they have the balls to ask for a tip.

$5 foot longs was not that long ago. Hell I remember when the meatball sub was $1.69.

I remember $2 footlongs.

Credit card txns, and other banking txns for that matter, will not go on the blockchain without first converting them to crypto. It's a public ledger, do you want your banking txns available for all to see? This doesn't even account for the massive amounts of fraud that would be involved since anybody can turn their phone into a credit card terminal if he/she wanted to.

The types of transactions where it would be worthwhile for a bank to convert and transmit via the blockchain, assuming a stable cryptocurrency, are very limited and would be cross-border transactions like tranfers associated with swift messages and trade finance.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
The lack of accountability and obvious blame of Biden and the twits that follow him around in DC is glaringly obvious for anyone not on their knees for the Democratic Party.
ScentedThinAlligator-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
What is this poison? You’re trying to put me to sleep like the Dems have done to you? Do you like them using insider trading and private promises of post-office positions to generate more income than 3 generations of an average American family will earn?

What is this poison? You’re trying to put me to sleep like the Dems have done to you? Do you like them using insider trading and private promises of post-office positions to generate more income than 3 generations of an average American family will earn?
ScentedThinAlligator-size_restricted.gif

I’d be much more inclined to blame a now nearly 3 year global pandemic and a land war in Europe than any politician, but that isn’t the way the game is played anymore.
Those play a role but you are kidding yourself if you don’t think politicians and corporations aren’t playing a role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT