ADVERTISEMENT

Noted: Freshman GOP lawmaker says she’s ‘willing to support a shutdown’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Trumpkin moran:

In a possible preview of the fiscal brinkmanship that lies ahead in Congress, Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.), among the new hard-line conservatives in the House, said in a television interview Wednesday that she is “willing to support” a government shutdown if GOP demands can’t be met in spending negotiations.
“I hope it doesn’t get to that, but I’m willing to support one,” Luna said during an interview on Fox Business Network, adding that she wants to see the elimination of “pork, runaway inflation spending.”
“And so, I’m willing to have those discussions. I’m willing to support a shutdown,” Luna said.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is likely to face significant challenges in holding together his caucus on spending negotiations with the Democratic-led Senate.
To put an end to days of raucous debate over the speakership, party lawmakers last week agreed to take a hard line in upcoming budget talks, potentially including demands for significant changes to Social Security and Medicare. If McCarthy bends toward Senate positions too much, he risks losing the support of some Republicans in his narrow House majority.
Luna was one of the original holdouts in voting for McCarthy as speaker. She is an election denier who was endorsed by former president Donald Trump.

Trumpkin moran:

In a possible preview of the fiscal brinkmanship that lies ahead in Congress, Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.), among the new hard-line conservatives in the House, said in a television interview Wednesday that she is “willing to support” a government shutdown if GOP demands can’t be met in spending negotiations.
“I hope it doesn’t get to that, but I’m willing to support one,” Luna said during an interview on Fox Business Network, adding that she wants to see the elimination of “pork, runaway inflation spending.”
“And so, I’m willing to have those discussions. I’m willing to support a shutdown,” Luna said.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is likely to face significant challenges in holding together his caucus on spending negotiations with the Democratic-led Senate.
To put an end to days of raucous debate over the speakership, party lawmakers last week agreed to take a hard line in upcoming budget talks, potentially including demands for significant changes to Social Security and Medicare. If McCarthy bends toward Senate positions too much, he risks losing the support of some Republicans in his narrow House majority.
Luna was one of the original holdouts in voting for McCarthy as speaker. She is an election denier who was endorsed by former president Donald Trump.

I don't know anything about her, but I can guarantee that she's an idiot who's absolutely insane and impossible to talk to about anything that's not a conspiracy.

This moron complains about "pork?" Her county, and district, for over 40 years was represented by CW Bill Young who was chairman of the house appropriations committee. A not small number of high paying jobs in the area exist because of decades of "pork." She is monumentally stupid but she told us this with her campaign signs.

itdl9pW.png

Luna is a looney, that's for sure. Extreme anti-abortionist (advocates for a complete ban with no exceptions) ever since she dissected a chicken egg in biology class. Was a FWB Maxim Hottie. Worked for a time at a FWB "gentleman's club". She's a gender theory conspiracy twit and she identifies as a messianic Jew, whatever that means.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I also support a shut down if they don’t eliminate all the pork and inflationary spending. Why wouldn’t you?

I also support a shut down if they don’t eliminate all the pork and inflationary spending. Why wouldn’t you?
Raising the debt limit has nothing to do with the budget. The country ran up its credit card bill. Congress needs to raise the limit to pay the debt owed. Our country will suffer from a lower credit rating meaning and increase in our federal deficit.

Raising the debt limit has nothing to do with the budget. The country ran up its credit card bill. Congress needs to raise the limit to pay the debt owed. Our country will suffer from a lower credit rating meaning and increase in our federal deficit.

Of course it has to do with the budget. Spend less than you receive and you don’t use debt. Pretty ****ing simple concept. $31 ****ing trillion. Time for some responsible spending and accountability in Washington. Cut the fat and get a plan in place to no longer have to increase the debt limit. so again, I ask, why wouldn’t you want that?

Of course it has to do with the budget. Spend less than you receive and you don’t use debt. Pretty ****ing simple concept. $31 ****ing trillion. Time for some responsible spending and accountability in Washington. Cut the fat and get a plan in place to no longer have to increase the debt limit. so again, I ask, why wouldn’t you want that?
Then do it when the budget is up for debate. Edit: Refusing to raise the debt limit is defaulting on our bills. Understand?

Then do it when the budget is up for debate. Edit: Refusing to raise the debt limit is defaulting on our bills. Understand?

of course I understand that you condescending douche. I am perfectly fine with republicans looking to cut fat and spending with some accountability moving forward. Understand?

• Haha
Reactions: Torg and BelemNole
Yes. You would rather have congress refuse to increase the debt limit to DEFAULT ON OUR PHUQING BILLS. It would also shut down 10 percent of the US economy. Work to balance the budget BEFORE the budget is voted on.

Good. I am glad you finally get it. And it would probably be more than 10% of the us economy. Do I want that? Of course not. But I do want some accountability and responsible spending from our government. It really isn’t that much to ask.

• Haha
Reactions: Torg
I am fine with republicans holding firm in budget cuts moving forward to increase debt limits now. Do you understand yet?
You seem clueless on what you are ranting about. This would send interest rates much higher, decimate the markets and the economy as well as the countries credit rating. This is stupidity 101 and you thinking the Republicans are doing this for fiscal responsibility beyond laughable.

You seem clueless on what you are ranting about. This would send interest rates much higher, decimate the markets and the economy as well as the countries credit rating. This is stupidity 101 and you thinking the Republicans are doing this for fiscal responsibility beyond laughable.
Ignorance.

Reactions: Torg

‘I’m not clueless on any of it. I know exactly what I am talking about. How far you comfortable with thus country running its debt to?

This isn't about the debt. This is about paying our bills.

Do you know how much our bills are about to go up as we have to pay 3.5% interest on debt instead of the 1.2% we are used to? Seriously. Do people not get this stuff?

No shit. You are clueless. I am done with you. I hope you are drunk.

‘You appear to be the clueless one. Answer my question. How much debt are you good with for this country? Let’s hear it. Considering you are sooooo concerned about us being able to pay our bills now, let’s hear what you are comfortable with moving forward.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Luna is a looney, that's for sure. Extreme anti-abortionist (advocates for a complete ban with no exceptions) ever since she dissected a chicken egg in biology class. Was a FWB Maxim Hottie. Worked for a time at a FWB "gentleman's club". She's a gender theory conspiracy twit and she identifies as a messianic Jew, whatever that means.

Did she work at Sammy's?

She’s a former swimsuit model
Nothing wrong with that. We need more hotties in Congress. Look at all the uggos in DC. It’s the rather fortuitous timing of her name change and her membership in the Trump cult that should be disqualifying. But, here we are. She’s just an attractive, female George Santos. This is today’s GOP.

Did she work at Sammy's?

Red Rose

Yeah, you don't understand this at all. So let's say you have $100,000 in credit card debt. Would quitting your job to cut your income do ANYTHING to address that debt?

Trumpkin moran:

Honestly, I don’t get too worked up about shutdowns as a legislative tactic. At the end of the day our system is designed to produce compromise and consensus. Sometimes that’s easy and sometimes it’s not.

Now to be clear, I am not one that is in the camp of shutdowns being and end in themselves.

Shutdowns in the past have not been politically good for the party pushing them.

Don't plan any vacations to national parks any time soon.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Of course you could balance spending the way Bill Clinton did...adjust the tax rates to a more equitable level, go to a “pay-go” finance system in new spending....Why not try something that actually worked once before.....as the economy FLOURISHED! Is there that much politics out there...or are the GOPers just flapping their gums, again?

Some don’t seem to understand what’s going on. Suppose your S.O. Goes on a spending spree maxing out credit cards etc. when the bills start coming in you are faced with two separate issues. 1. Getting her spending under control. 2. Paying off what she has already spent. With number one you can take her credit cards away and put her on a budget. With number two you have but one option, pay off the cc. These are two separate issues. The US has no option but to pay the debt. They do have complete control over future debt by raising taxes and cutting spending

ADVERTISEMENT