ADVERTISEMENT

Noted: Sen. Scott says he has canceled Disney Plus and won’t return to Disney World

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Florida’s legislature last week passed a bill to cancel the special tax district of Walt Disney World in the state, a move that followed weeks of public acrimony between Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and the company over its opposition to a Florida law limiting how educators discuss LGBTQ issues in the classroom.
On Monday, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) criticized the company during an appearance on “Mornings With Maria” on Fox Business.
“I got rid of my Disney Plus,” Scott told host Maria Bartiromo, referring to the subscription streaming service owned by Disney.
“I’m not planning on going back to the park,” he added.
The embrace of the GOP-sponsored law underscores the extent to which a growing number of Republicans — though not all — think LGBTQ restrictions are a winning issue culturally.
“I don’t understand why Disney would be doing what it’s doing,” Scott told Bartiromo. “I’m a business guy. You would not go engage in social issues like this if you wanted to keep all your customers.”

Wonder if he watches any ABC or ESPN programming?

if not, good for him for sticking to his values. It is more than the “tough on china” crowd seems to be willing to do when they still continue to reward companies who put our supply chain in chinas hands by purchasing chinese made goods.

Florida lawmakers are a petty bunch. I get cancelling Disney +, good for you for voting with your feet. But removing some tax districts because they disagree with you is really scary, and just goes to show the GOP doesn't really care about legislating, it cares about using its power to get back at those who disagree with it. The post mid-terms are going to be a scary time.

He was always more of a Wizarding World guy, anyway.
BzEnUKtIgAAUxMX.jpg

He'll turn 70 this year, so this is the least surprising news ever. He should have plenty of money to pay for Disney+, I'm sure he's still living well off of his huge Medicare, Medicaid and other assorted fraud schemes he perpetrated. He honestly should be in jail, but instead Florida votes him into various political offices, because Flori-DUH.

I'd be willing to bet that if he's been there in the last dozen years, it was for some type of political event - most likely one that would include either his campaign account or his PAC's account getting significant cash infusions.

He'll turn 70 this year, so this is the least surprising news ever. He should have plenty of money to pay for Disney+, I'm sure he's still living well off of his huge Medicare, Medicaid and other assorted fraud schemes he perpetrated. He honestly should be in jail, but instead Florida votes him into various political offices, because Flori-DUH.

Is Disney now the latest Republican boogeyman? Can't keep up with them - what happened to Dr. Fauci and "defund the police"?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Florida lawmakers are a petty bunch. I get cancelling Disney +, good for you for voting with your feet. But removing some tax districts because they disagree with you is really scary, and just goes to show the GOP doesn't really care about legislating, it cares about using its power to get back at those who disagree with it. The post mid-terms are going to be a scary time.
Corporations first, then individuals will need to be sanctioned for disloyalty to the state.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Never had Disney +, never been to Disneyland and never going. 100% positive I didn't miss a damn thing in either case. So welcome to the who gives a shit about Disney train I guess......

Never had Disney +, never been to Disneyland and never going. 100% positive I didn't miss a damn thing in either case. So welcome to the who gives a shit about Disney train I guess......
Next time the Hawks are on ESPN or ABC, don’t watch since you don’t give a shit about Disney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT