ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing was more predictable than the Dow dropping a 1,000 points.

soybean

HR King
Sep 30, 2001
The Fed had to do it, and there is a rule written somewhere that the Dow must react.

I think we’re in for a choppy few months. The market wants the good times to continue but consumers can’t support these prices

Reactions: mattymoknows
It was up 900-something points yesterday, so easy come easy go?
Yesterday was a typical "relief rally" that the Fed didn't go for .75 instead of the .50 we did receive. It is going to be interesting to watch the Fed try to do this all by themselves. Its easier to cut than to raise rates.

Yesterday was a typical "relief rally" that the Fed didn't go for .75 instead of the .50 we did receive. It is going to be interesting to watch the Fed try to do this all by themselves. Its easier to cut than to raise rates.
Was it a half point? Hell, I thought it was only a quarter point.

I believe that the coin pusher thread has all of the high stakes solutions for this.

I'm just thankful I am not sniffing retirement yet. Hard see your stuff take a 20% hit from highs this year.

Everyone at some point in their retirement experiences a major pullback in the markets and a recession. We are still only in correction territory on this one. Well, except the Nasdaq, it is full blown bear market in tech right now.

I'm just thankful I am not sniffing retirement yet. Hard see your stuff take a 20% hit from highs this year.
Even after the bath today, isn't the Dow down less than 11% from its all-time high? If we have a number of days like today though, 20% is definitely in play.

Even after the bath today, isn't the Dow down less than 11% from its all-time high? If we have a number of days like today though, 20% is definitely in play.
I have one purchase that is down 20%. Oh well, dems the breaks. The upshot is when our 401k makes its purchases, it will be buying into a market that has already been hit.

I've watched my Unvested / Undistributed Value of my next set of RSU's that vest in mid-June go down $8,724 since AMZN hit it's all-time high in November. Pain lol.

I have one purchase that is down 20%. Oh well, dems the breaks. The upshot is when our 401k makes its purchases, it will be buying into a market that has already been hit.
I thought perhaps you were referring to the tech sector/NASDAQ which is down nearly 25% from its historical high. Regardless, there's nothing pretty about this correction, but most people were anticipating a pull back especially after the Fed voiced their intentions for the next year and a half. I wouldn't advise anyone to sell into this current trend, that seems a bit short sighted IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT