ADVERTISEMENT

Notice the crisp passing and defense today?

Hawkeyeinsoutherncalifornia

HB All-American
Mar 9, 2017
Van Nuys, California
The passing was pretty UPGRADED... from what I have seen from the Hawks this season.. and the defense stiffened up when needed ... yesT Cook wasn’t a huge factor but I like our chances to move on and beat UT and we get the sweet 16 against PURDUE... well, maybe they have a rough road against Villanova

This was a classic lather, rinse, repeat performance from the Hawks. We've seen this "get down by double digits then change up the D and hit a bunch of threes for the win" movie repeatedly all year.
Huh? In the last minute Joe had a 3, but JoBo had a drive to the bucket for an "and 1" and Baer had a dunk after some beautiful passing. I'd say it was more of Iowa playing loose and being aggressive than anything.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Basically Cincy was not aggressive against our full court D, like a lot of the Big teams who have seen it before and attack it with superior athletes. That's not a knock on us. Foul trouble on their big guy who was hitting some of those shots just inside the FT line helped too. He only played 20 minutes before fouling out. Hope Connor gets the bug out of his system before Sunday as I think we will need his minutes...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT