ADVERTISEMENT

Now 2022 Before We're Somewhat Normal?

Again, that's probably a worst-case scenario. Sadly though, it probably isn't totally realistic. How can we truly start a full "return to normal" scenario without a vaccine, and one that's been broadly distributed?

Next spring is probably the earliest it becomes widely available, depending on any other additional hiccups, since most of the companies working on them have experienced complications in Phase 3 testing.

Wat is ur solution? It’ll be a year before there is any kind of vaccine...this virus ain’t disappearing...people are going to stay close to home until they feel safe..,just WRF don’t you understand here? It’s oeople being sensible for the most part.

Reactions: Tom Paris
We probably will not have a vaccine until the summer of 2021. It’ll take quite some time to get people vaccinated. And if I understand correctly, that vaccine would not be approved for kids.

2022 sounds about right.

My guess is Biden will be responsible for more Covid deaths than Trump. If we are just looking to see why is sitting in a chair and assigning blame.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
My guess is Biden will be responsible for more Covid deaths than Trump. If we are just looking to see why is sitting in a chair and assigning blame.
And it will become Biden’s virus, much like the housing bubble became “Obama’s recession”...as long as there are dummies like you, there will be falsehoods believed..l

My guess is late 2022. About 2.7% of the US population has had confirmed cases. Lets say the real number is closer to 20% (antibody testing, etc...). Vaccine rolls out this winter and over 2021 - that will add another 30% (~100 MM doses). In 2022, I think more people will be willing to take the vaccine, ~30-40%. I think this gets us to herd immunity. I'm assuming some overlap in these groups - people that have had the virus will take the vaccine, some will take it in 2021 & 2022. In fact, I'm guessing that it will need to be an annual or twice a year vaccine.

So mid to late 2022 is my prediction. Also factoring in that a vaccine will need worldwide distribution to get things back to how they were before C19.

In the meantime, masks, handwashing and social distancing can only slow the progression.

And it will become Biden’s virus, much like the housing bubble became “Obama’s recession”...as long as there are dummies like you, there will be falsehoods believed..l
You are the one that likes to make it all political.

if you want to play that game.

It isn’t going away. I don’t give a shit what measures are taken or who is in the white house. THE INDIVIDUAL is who decides if they get it or not. Only those in nursing homes are sort of hopeless. Everybody else can quit their job and live in basement on welfare if they truly are scared to death.

If you are high risk, you have to be a dumbass to not take all possible measures to avoid getting it.

This virus is endemic. The sooner we accept that, the better.

A vaccine is a pipe dream. Last week they said at best it would help alleviate symptoms and be 50-60% effective.
228,000 dead Americans. Is there a number of dead Americans we could reach that would even BEGIN to affect your thinking? It's like you are actually good with another 2-6 million more, depending on projections, will die if we do it YOUR way. What the hell is wrong with you?

228,000 dead Americans. Is there a number of dead Americans we could reach that would even BEGIN to affect your thinking? It's like you are actually good with another 2-6 million more, depending on projections, will die if we do it YOUR way. What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm not good with Americans dying. It's terrible, but this virus is endemic. It's time to develop therapies and move on.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Europe couldn't stop it. They won't. It is endemic.

They stopped it for several months over the summer and saved hundreds of thousands of lives while new treatments and therapeutics were developed. There's no telling how high this wave could go, the only limiting factor on it right now is the people who are acting as they're supposed to. I feel pretty comfortable in saying if you're gonna go around and eat at restaurants, go maskless everywhere, hold big family holiday gathers, you're quite likely to get COVID-19 in the next six months if you haven't already. Maybe you're at peace with that.

I'm not good with Americans dying. It's terrible, but this virus is endemic. It's time to develop therapies and move on.
When you finish that sentence with "move on", that tells me you're okay with Americans dying...because that's what's going to happen if you get your way of thinking. That's sick.

We all knew Biden was going to have a huge mess to clean up.

OP's news isn't surprising.

Most hope is that Trump will be watching from a prison cell.

Reactions: h-hawk
Wear a mask when out in public or at a friends house, be sure to give yourself 6 feet of distance from other people, and quit bitching about it. The alternative to wearing a mask is to shut everything down so people don't have any place to go.

Nothing will be shut down

22102.jpeg

It's not the sitting in a chair, it's sitting the chair and watching FAUX News while thousand die who didn't have to.

My guess is late 2022. About 2.7% of the US population has had confirmed cases. Lets say the real number is closer to 20% (antibody testing, etc...). Vaccine rolls out this winter and over 2021 - that will add another 30% (~100 MM doses). In 2022, I think more people will be willing to take the vaccine, ~30-40%. I think this gets us to herd immunity. I'm assuming some overlap in these groups - people that have had the virus will take the vaccine, some will take it in 2021 & 2022. In fact, I'm guessing that it will need to be an annual or twice a year vaccine.

So mid to late 2022 is my prediction. Also factoring in that a vaccine will need worldwide distribution to get things back to how they were before C19.

In the meantime, masks, handwashing and social distancing can only slow the progression.
No thank you - "Many researchers say pursuing herd immunity is a bad idea. “Attempting to reach herd immunity via targeted infections is simply ludicrous,” Andersen says. “In the US, probably one to two million people would die.”

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02948-4

Wear a mask when out in public or at a friends house, be sure to give yourself 6 feet of distance from other people, and quit bitching about it. The alternative to wearing a mask is to shut everything down so people don't have any place to go.
Yeah, but if everyone wore a mask we wouldn't have "youtube" videos of all those people acting tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT