ADVERTISEMENT

Now 2022 Before We're Somewhat Normal?

No thank you - "Many researchers say pursuing herd immunity is a bad idea. “Attempting to reach herd immunity via targeted infections is simply ludicrous,” Andersen says. “In the US, probably one to two million people would die.”

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02948-4
I'm talking about reaching herd immunity mostly through vaccinations. There would also be some through the infections that have already occurred and will occur. I am not advocating doing nothing and letting the virus run wild.

It's a commentary on how they perceive the media, not the virus,... But I'm sure you knew that.

My commentary would remain the same in both cases. The idea that "the media" is out to get them or is "fake" or whatever, is fully entrenched. It's not just the MAGA loons.

In some ways I can understand the appeal. Being unsatisfied with the result reported in most news outlets, I could tune in to my preferred source of information and find out the Hawkeyes crushed Purdue last week!

Not that you all care what the Constitution says, what part of the constitution says the government can't mandate orders for public safety?

The only way it could play out would be the Fed twisting the arms of the individual states to impose state mask mandates in return for some federal benefit...

The only way it could play out would be the Fed twisting the arms of the individual states to impose state mask mandates in return for some federal benefit...

That didn't answer the question.

I'm talking about reaching herd immunity mostly through vaccinations. There would also be some through the infections that have already occurred and will occur. I am not advocating doing nothing and letting the virus run wild.

This is getting closer, but reasonable estimates put herd immunity via vaccination at 5+ years. Between the logistical rollout of a vaccine, the efficacy of the vaccine, and the fact that many won't vaccinate, we'll be living in a world with masks into the mid-2020's.

This is getting closer, but reasonable estimates put herd immunity via vaccination at 5+ years. Between the logistical rollout of a vaccine, the efficacy of the vaccine, and the fact that many won't vaccinate, we'll be living in a world with masks into the mid-2020's.
e074a7bb2dbc0832a55603df67183f57.jpg

Reactions: Tom Paris
Someone who refuses to understand why it's endemic can't have it explained to them.
Where is the specific area and what is the baseline level and where is it constantly maintained?

Endemic (epidemiology)
Epidemiological term describing a disease which is constantly present in a specific area
In epidemiology, an infection is said to be endemic (from Greek ἐν en "in, within" and δῆμος demos "people") in a population when that infection is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area without external inputs. For example, chickenpox is endemic (steady state) in the United Kingdom, but malaria is not.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Someone who refuses to understand why it's endemic can't have it explained to them.
endemic
en·dem·ic | \ en-ˈde-mik , in- \

Definition of endemic
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: belonging or native to a particular people or country
b: characteristic of or prevalent in a particular field, area, or environment
problems endemic to translation
the self-indulgence endemic in the film industry
2: restricted or peculiar to a locality or region
endemic diseases
an endemic species

Definition of endemic (Entry 2 of 2)
an organism that is restricted or peculiar to a locality or region
an endemic organism

Reactions: DFSNOLE
When you finish that sentence with "move on", that tells me you're okay with Americans dying...because that's what's going to happen if you get your way of thinking. That's sick.

Imagine just now learning the concept of being mortal.

We probably will not have a vaccine until the summer of 2021. It’ll take quite some time to get people vaccinated. And if I understand correctly, that vaccine would not be approved for kids.

2022 sounds about right.
Why Pfizer is testing it on kids right now.

Plus a President Biden would have to scrap Operation Warp Speed and all the vaccine research up until now and start over from scratch because of evil Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT