ADVERTISEMENT

Now I am 99.9% sure opening up schools is going to go badly.

The same people who change their kids’ underwear, lady. I don’t know that you’ll be able to keep very young kids in masks the whole day, but it’s better to try than go with defeatist Kimmy.
I don’t understand why this is so hard for Kim and others to understand. The obvious answers are staring everyone in the face. Ockham’s Razor and such.

“There are just so many things that go into it,” Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds, a Republican, said in explaining why she opposes a school mask requirement. “If somebody wears the same mask for seven days without appropriately washing it or changing it out, is it actually doing what it’s supposed to be doing? Who’s going to monitor that?”
299815.jpg

The same people who change their kid’s underwear, lady. I don’t know that you’ll be able to keep very young kids in masks the whole day, but it’s better to try than go with defeatist Kimmy.
Sounds like Kim needs to go to DHS's parenting school:

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
There will be no change in the Education Department’s recommendation that districts not require that students and teachers wear masks in school.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local...ion-saying-parents-can-chose-virtual-learning

“There are just so many things that go into it,” Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds, a Republican, said in explaining why she opposes a school mask requirement. “If somebody wears the same mask for seven days without appropriately washing it or changing it out, is it actually doing what it’s supposed to be doing? Who’s going to monitor that?”

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/n...ks-in-schools-varies-widely-across-us-states/
God, I hate her. Soooo spineless.

Crazy how only the most hardcore partisan posters immediately have to go to the WELL YOU ARE AN IDIOT defense.

its almost like they have no basis for their arguments other than latching onto politics because their lives suck.

They should be sent to prison, the parents, I am serious also. What shitty people. Seriously, send them to prison and find families that are able to foster these children. These parents should be locked the god damn **** up.

I don’t agree. Ask them nicely, explain that it’s an important thing to do to keep everyone healthy, and watch them rise to the occasion. In my experience, kids live up or down to your expectations.

But the parents have to be supportive, that is imperative.
Thisereee thiseree do. (This.)

God, I hate her. Soooo spineless.
Kimmy must think, like the WH, that the virus will run it's course and things will return to normal.

She's also aware that she's not on the ballot and is probably thinking that two years from now... no one will remember her inactivity.

Reactions: cem and Tom Paris
My girls wear them at day care now. My 9 year old threw an award worthy hissy fit about it when I told her about the change. Monday came and not a peep about wearing one. They will be seasoned pros wearing masks if school starts.

I'm all for giving it a shot. I just don't have high expectations. But maybe I'm wrong.

There is no doubt that covid is bringing out the dumb in people. I said it back in March that we would see this virus bring out the best in America. I couldn't have been further from the truth on that one. Swing and a big ass miss.

We just got a call from our school district today. They are going to start the school year remote and go from there. Sucks, but we were leaning towards keeping our kids home anyway as we have the means for it.
The boss is requesting a waiver from Reynolds. I just heard.

If I were pregnant or on chemo, I wouldn't want to be around school kids, masked or not.

And if I had kids, we'd be opting out of school (in person anyway).

Reopening school isn't for the people you've described. It doesn't mean nobody should be there.
I never said nobody should be there.

If I were pregnant or on chemo, I wouldn't want to be around school kids, masked or not.

And if I had kids, we'd be opting out of school (in person anyway).

Reopening school isn't for the people you've described. It doesn't mean nobody should be there.
The question is whether they will have that option. Or will they have to go to the classroom to prevent being fired?

Crazy how only the most hardcore partisan posters immediately have to go to the WELL YOU ARE AN IDIOT defense.

its almost like they have no basis for their arguments other than latching onto politics because their lives suck.
Not true. We get tired of trying to explain over and over and over to idiots.

Reactions: unIowa and MitchLL
cloth or surgical masks do nothing to prevent covid spread. N95 masks are effective.
You're wrong. From the CDC:

Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings
Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19

Updated July 16, 2020
  • CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
  • Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
  • Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
  • Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

How many posts are you gonna make telling us once again what you think about in person school?

We get it. You and all your democrat buddies in school, which is 90% of them, don’t wanna teach. Well at least while a republican is governor and president anyway.

My wife doesn’t belong to the teachers union. Care to hazard a guess why?

I own a couple of hunting shotguns but seriously thinking about buying some rural farmland, some semi-automatic rifles, a bunker, and some food supplies to become a dooms day preaper. There are some really ignorant and frankly stupid people. I need just a couple more years to afford an escape helicopter.

I just got out of a staff zoom meeting lead by my boss. She is being told by many parents that their children will NOT be wearing masks at school. This is why we won't be beating this thing anytime soon. We have pregnant teachers and a couple receiving chemo. If I am them, those kids would be wearing masks or they wouldn't be entering my classroom. Especially with backing by the Super.

The goddamn selfishness of people will never stop amazing me. I truly didn't realize we were this stupid as a society until Covid hit.

Those students would not be welcome in my classroom and they could fire me over it. Then I would find a lawyer. Although, admittedly, I would have a much better shot at a lawsuit because all people in a school are mandated by the state to be wearing a mask at all times.

Reactions: Tom Paris

Updated July 16, 2020
  • CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
  • Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
  • Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
  • Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

rawImage.png

Simple, keep the schools shut down and the kids at home if we’re so worried about the possible shit show that could happen this fall.

I'm conservative in most things.
I'm for opening schools. I'm for high school students wearing masks. I'm for everyone wearing masks in indoor spaces.

I'm ambivalent about making elementary students wear masks all day. It doesn't seem like transmission from and among the young is that significant. And I can imagine how difficult it would be for 2nd graders to wear one all day.

I'm open to all evidence and statistics to help with deciding.

There is no data on this what so ever. It's currently being tracked by the CDC

You're serious? I will bet money that over 90% of the parents who refuse to have their kids wear masks voted for Trump.

This is what I'm seeing on social media from all my contacts. Those bitching about school not being in person are the same who said this was all fake, moaned about the shutdown, and refuse to wear masks.

I talked to a soon to be junior in high school yesterday, ran across him in my Hy Vee parking lot - a kid that sometimes rode the bus route I subbed for. Good kid, very smart...gamer type. Likes to stir up trouble though - bit of a class clown type that chafes with authority. I get along with him cause I'm the long hair hippie school bus driver that was a similarly inclined troublemaker when I went to school.

Anyway, asked him if he was ready for school. He said yes, but he isn't going to be wearing a mask - and most the classmates he knows are saying the same thing.

I told him...you do realize that chances are probably 100% they will require them, right?

He replies laughing "Oh I know. That first day is going to be crazy." He then went on a rant about how most all the kids in his class of about 500 have not seen more than a small handful of each other since mid March.

He then says shaking his head laughing..."I'm telling you, man. That first day is gonna be LIT."

I talked to a soon to be junior in high school yesterday, ran across him in my Hy Vee parking lot - a kid that sometimes rode the bus route I subbed for. Good kid, very smart...gamer type. Likes to stir up trouble though - bit of a class clown type that chafes with authority. I get along with him cause I'm the long hair hippie school bus driver that was a similarly inclined troublemaker when I went to school.

Anyway, asked him if he was ready for school. He said yes, but he isn't going to be wearing a mask - and most the classmates he knows are saying the same thing.

I told him...you do realize that chances are probably 100% they will require them, right?

He replies laughing "Oh I know. That first day is going to be crazy." He then went on a rant about how most all the kids in his class of about 500 have not seen more than a small handful of each other since mid March.

He then says shaking his head laughing..."I'm telling you, man. That first day is gonna be LIT."
It will be interesting if all of them get sent home.

This is what I'm seeing on social media from all my contacts. Those bitching about school not being in person are the same who said this was all fake, moaned about the shutdown, and refuse to wear masks.

not what I’m seeing at all.

Not the case when your position is judged to be so. And the responses to your post were absolutely not partisan.

How many posts are you gonna make telling us once again what you think about in person school?

We get it. You and all your democrat buddies in school, which is 90% of them, don’t wanna teach. Well at least while a republican is governor and president anyway.

My wife doesn’t belong to the teachers union. Care to hazard a guess why?
Wrong again. Please find one post where I said I don't want to go back and teach. Quit making shit up.

I'm not in the teachers' union either.

Welcome to HROT, where insults are an acceptable substitute for......well, pretty much everything.

Reactions: haw-key
I'm 99.9% sure keeping schools closed will have catastrophic detrimental effect on a generation of youth.

Reactions: UKGrad93

Updated July 16, 2020
Wow. That's some real scientific data right there.
May help...
Most likely to...

Try to find an efficacy test that proves masks are effective at spreading Covid-19. I'll help - you won't find one. Sames as SARS and others.

Reactions: B1G
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT