ADVERTISEMENT

Nunge to Xavier

Interesting choice. Certainly closer to home than Iowa City, but definitely not what most of us expected. Solid program - hope he gets meaningful minutes. Big East is a de facto Power 5 conference in hoops, so he will be facing healthy (no pun intended) in-conference competition.

Too bad Iowa doesn't host Xavier this winter - Jack would certainly get a massive standing ovation.

Hoping he finally stays healthy and finishes his career on a strong note. Doesn't he still have like 3 years of eligibility left?

Reactions: Ronman
Interesting choice. Certainly closer to home than Iowa City, but definitely not what most of us expected. Solid program - hope he gets meaningful minutes. Big East is a de facto Power 5 conference in hoops, so he will be facing healthy (no pun intended) in-conference competition.

Too bad Iowa doesn't host Xavier this winter - Jack would certainly get a massive standing ovation.
No Doubt! Strong Person with real Grit.

Jack was injured so often he spent very little time actually contributing to Iowa basketball.

A couple years from now: "jack who?" That's how I feel anyway.

You left our program but hey! Best of luck to you I guess...
You don’t think the countless hours he spent in practice against Garza didn’t make Luka better? He also contributed in multiple Iowa wins. Once a Hawkeye...

Did you ever consider that perhaps if we had Jack available for the entire year, things might have been different?
If you watched Iowa and what other teams excelled at against Iowa,

It should only take you a millisecond to answer your own question.

I answer with supreme confidence in saying a healthy Jack Nunge would NOT have changed how Iowa's season ended.

What? That has nothing to do with the point I was making, which is that Jack is just as much of a Hawkeye as anybody else who has been on the team with him the past several years
I'm simply not on board with "Once a Hawkeye..."

especially if a player chooses to leave before a) he's graduated, or b) he's exhausted all of his eligibility.

In situations like this, I hope Iowa somehow plays Xavier next season and former Hawkeye Jack Nunge gets embarrassed by his former teammates and coaches.

Just being honest.

especially if a player chooses to leave before a) he's graduated, or b) he's exhausted all of his eligibility.

In situations like this, I hope Iowa somehow plays Xavier next season and former Hawkeye Jack Nunge gets embarrassed by his former teammates and coaches.

Just being honest.
Weird mentality, especially given Jack’s circumstances

Just being honest.
You know his dad died,right?

Just being honest.

Listen here you slack jawed hick. He tore up his knee twice and more importantly recently lost his father. I don't blame the kid one bit and I'm sure as hell not going to criticize his decision.

Just being honest.
That may be a tad extreme

Just being honest.

perhaps if you had any sense you'd also realize Jack will graduate this month from Iowa.

So there.

Just being honest.
You are a dick.

Just being honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT