ADVERTISEMENT

Nvidia Wants to Replace Nurses With AI for $9 an Hour

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Nvidia announced a collaboration with Hippocratic AI on Monday, a healthcare company that offers generative AI nurses who work for just $9 an hour. Hippocratic promotes how it can undercut real human nurses, who can cost $90 an hour, with its cheap AI agents that offer medical advice to patients over video calls in real-time.

"Voice-based digital agents powered by generative AI can usher in an age of abundance in healthcare, but only if the technology responds to patients as a human would," said Kimberly Powell, vice president of Healthcare at NVIDIA in a press release Monday.

Nvidia is powering Hippocratic's real-time responses over video calls. In a demo posted by Nvidia, a semi-human-looking AI agent named Rachel verbally instructs a patient on how to take penicillin. The agent then tells the patient it will report back all this information to her real human doctor. Rachel is one of many AI nurses that healthcare providers can choose from, according to one of Hippocratic's product pages. The AI nurses range in specialties from "Colonoscopy Screening" to "Breast Cancer Care Manager," all for less than minimum wage.

Hippocratic directly promotes how it can undercut the living wages of real nurses as a feature, not a bug. One page of the company's website compares a human nurse's $90 per hour salary to an AI agent's $9 an-hour running costs. Hippocratic claims its AI nurses outperform human nurses regarding bedside manner, education, and narrowly miss on satisfaction, according to a survey.

The US must try to dominate generative AI field to maintain our status as THE superpower in this world economically and militarily.

Read an article last weekend by a retired USAF general who talked of future warfare with "swarms" of unmanned drones in the hundreds in coordinated attacks on our new 6 billion dollar carrier.
AI will allow for coordination between hundreds of these kamikaze drones that will overwhelm our defenses. Drones cost 20k each.
Brave New World indeed.
This is another good reason for Biden's chip bill. We need to control this technology as much as possible.

The US must try to dominate generative AI field to maintain our status as THE superpower in this world economically and militarily.

Read an article last weekend by a retired USAF general who talked of future warfare with "swarms" of unmanned drones in the hundreds in coordinated attacks on our new 6 billion dollar carrier.
AI will allow for coordination between hundreds of these kamikaze drones that will overwhelm our defenses. Drones cost 20k each.
Brave New World indeed.
This is another good reason for Biden's chip bill. We need to control this technology as much as possible.
Just look at the drone fireworks displays…

Reactions: Moral
In a nihilistic sort of way, I think it's kind of fun how AI is taking/going to take all of the jobs of the white collar class. I think everyone assumed it would be be a continuation of automation but it pulled a fast one and went right for the creative and data based sectors.

No offense but you're going off the deep end. Wasn't your wife sick recently? Did she not require nursing care?

Even at the hospital, the quality of the nurses was a mixed bag. No one knew I knew anything about nursing care. I just watched and observed.

Much like in our nursing homes, some of them were great, and some of them should find a different occupation...

In a nihilistic sort of way, I think it's kind of fun how AI is taking/going to take all of the jobs of the white collar class. I think everyone assumed it would be be a continuation of automation but it pulled a fast one and went right for the creative and data based sectors.
that’s the propaganda from
investors in the field. imo we are nowhere near that happening.

Ai is fine for check in, but a robot cannot replace a human. Nurses care for the patients. A robot does not provide care, it performs a task.

Sick patients need a person to take care of them, if they don't have this, you will see outcomes drop quickly.

Reactions: lucas80
Let’s be honest, and a nice AI rub and tug in the morning will be a mainstay of AI robotics.

cjyuvE.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bank of Hawk
Even at the hospital, the quality of the nurses was a mixed bag. No one knew I knew anything about nursing care. I just watched and observed.

Much like in our nursing homes, some of them were great, and some of them should find a different occupation...
As a kid with a mom (no pics) who was a nurse and eventually administration for a time, I got to hear this every time after doctor's appointments..........

Brave New World indeed.
So, Spider-man No Way Home?

spider-man-far-from-home-mcu.gif

I wish I was smart enough to put a robot silhouette on that curtain there.

So, just pretend I did that and you can laugh.
MV5BMzJmM2UwYmEtN2EzYi00NGI1LThlOGEtOTAwYTRiNTY5YTQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT