ADVERTISEMENT

NW’s NFL-ready left tackle

Got used like a condom today…he’s no Robert gallery, Brandon Sherff, or Bryan Bulaga
When it comes down to it at draft time, I doubt he's the first tackle taken. At combine time, some guys with better athletic profiles will move ahead of him. With that said, he gave up basically the one play to Hurkett when the QB held on to the ball. There were a few other times when he put Van Ness on the ground in pass protection, which just never happens to Van Ness. Now, in the 2021 game at NU, Van Ness did beat him with a bull rush when he basically put Skowronski on his back. Very impressive by Van Ness last year.

I have no idea if Skowronski gets taken as high as those players (I kind of doubt it). But he has good feet and a good frame. Will probably play in the NFL for a long time.

When it comes down to it at draft time, I doubt he's the first tackle taken. At combine time, some guys with better athletic profiles will move ahead of him. With that said, he gave up basically the one play to Hurkett when the QB held on to the ball. There were a few other times when he put Van Ness on the ground in pass protection, which just never happens to Van Ness. Now, in the 2021 game at NU, Van Ness did beat him with a bull rush when he basically put Skowronski on his back. Very impressive by Van Ness last year.

I have no idea if Skowronski gets taken as high as those players (I kind of doubt it). But he has good feet and a good frame. Will probably play in the NFL for a long time.
I think he is a better guard prospect at the next level. Question his arm length.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Every time NW plays, this guy is mentioned as being an all american, so I 've watched him. If he's as good as they say, he should be able to take any defensive end in the BIG one on one. I don't get the hype. He seems to move well, so he's likely pretty athletic for his size. Other than that, he seems pretty average. Hurkett beat him badly on a sack, Van Ness was in there on another sack (don't know if he was given credit for a half a sack of not), and he should have had a couple holds called when he was beaten on other occasions. He's been beaten similarly in other games I've watched. It makes no sense to me why the announcers said he's one of the top two tackles in the nation.

Doesn’t seem like this class has a top tier T. See him mentioned all the time as possible 1st rd guy with few others. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him more to back half if goes that high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT