ADVERTISEMENT

Nwankpa top 12

Oh God, all 12 should be so honored!

Few things piss me off more than losing high-quality in-state talent. It seems to happen again and again every year.

Maybe I am just so old-fashioned in my age that I expect young people understand the term "loyalty."

Few things piss me off more than losing high-quality in-state talent. It seems to happen again and again every year.

Maybe I am just so old-fashioned in my age that I expect young people understand the term "loyalty."

Loyalty? Loyalty to what exactly? Just because there's a college in the same state doesn't mean a kid has to give a damn about it.

It happens. Is there a state that signs all their kids from home and never loses an in state kid they want, well besides Alabama? Iowa had a great class in state last year and got what 8 or 9 out of the top 10 guys. Thats pretty damn good IMHO....

Reactions: 24 so far
I am a millennial and he is 100% right. Social media is the Devil (in my best Mrs. Bouche voice)
I do wonder if the world were a better place before the internet (which came before smart phones)

you couldn't get hacked back then; if you got lost, you stopped & asked for directions; newspapers were relevant; there was not Amazon; children went out & played; people actually had to have a conversation & could not text; I could go on & on

dumb.jpg

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I do wonder if the world were a better place before the internet (which came before smart phones)

you couldn't get hacked back then; if you got lost, you stopped & asked for directions; newspapers were relevant; there was not Amazon; children went out & played; people actually had to have a conversation & could not text; I could go on & on
I remember when my wife thought I was google

I don't wonder at all. 100% without question the world was a better place.

Now would I want to live in an era without refrigeration, indoor plumbing and heat that required cutting down 50 trees to get you thru a Winter. Nope.

And I'll be dead long before The Terminators take over so.............

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
This is an honest question... were there top 12, 8 etc... BEFORE NCAA football games came out?

I am being dead serious because I am 35 and ever since you could recruit in the game, players would cut lists to 12, 8, 3, etc...

It happens. Is there a state that signs all their kids from home and never loses an in state kid they want, well besides Alabama? Iowa had a great class in state last year and got what 8 or 9 out of the top 10 guys. Thats pretty damn good IMHO....

true, we did do well with 8/9 out of 10. I guess I just cannot get Pierschbacker out of my mind and think about what might have been in 2015 and 2016; or Roger Craig and what might have been from 81-82. that's just me.

If I was a highly sought after recruit, I'd troll the process. I'd release my Top 65 along with a poster of every logo in the Power 5.
But leave out Iowa State and make Nebraska’s the biggest just to watch them puff their chests more than 20th century night at Runzas.

Anyone here have kids?

Or maybe nieces or nephews you spend quite a bit of time with?

Well, you ever notice there's a tendency to react to a lot of the things they do with statements like DON'T (insert whatever it is they're doing)...

And occasionally they ask WHY NOT?

And you realize being irritated by something doesn't mean it's right or wrong?

And then you realize maybe you're the dude who's been following high school football recruiting for so long that you can judge a young man for listing his Top 12 schools instead of waiting until, I dunno, his Top 8? Is that fair? Top 6? Top 3-4? Wait until the final 2? Is there a right answer?

Has it sunk in yet how misguided your criticism of this young man is?

Obviously wishing him "well" at this point but, IMO, coming out with a top 12 is laughable.

Man, what social media has done to people in the world....the attention-seeking behavior is outrageous.
Agree with you 100%. And believe me, the schools, themselves, think it is ridiculous. Anyone who watched the state championship game between SEP and Ankeny saw him get exposed some with poor angles and missed tackles. Arland ran thru him and by him on more than a few occasions. But, he is young and the talent is there and the interest, obviously, is plentiful.

Huh? Loyalty to a state? Lol

None of us know what this young man "wants". If it is purely a football decision, then Iowa State or Iowa don't stand much of a chance vs. Clemson, ND, OSU. Maybe he wants to stay close to home so his family can watch his play? Maybe academics play a role in his decision? None of us know. Whatever the case, I wish him well. I saw him play once (vs. Kennedy in Quarterfinals) and he can play!
If he wants to play dback in the NFL and play in the biggest and most storied venues in college football then Iowa definitely stands a chance. Phil is the dback whisperer

Maybe do a top 3 or 5? But 12? Why even do it?
Look at me - Look at me!!
And, you are doing the same thing here. Look at you! Leave the kid alone. All of you. You are disparaging a high school kid who is a tremendous talent for the way he is going through the recruiting process. I guess he needs to learn from your experience. Who was on your top 5 list when you was a 4 star recruit?

Reactions: GarryO37
None of us know what this young man "wants". If it is purely a football decision, then Iowa State or Iowa don't stand much of a chance vs. Clemson, ND, OSU. Maybe he wants to stay close to home so his family can watch his play? Maybe academics play a role in his decision? None of us know. Whatever the case, I wish him well. I saw him play once (vs. Kennedy in Quarterfinals) and he can play!

If Nebraska, ISU and Mizzou are in his top 12, then proximity is a factor in his decision. There is absolutely no other reason to have schools like Nebraska and Mizzou in the mix. ISU has had a great year, so I will go easy on them.

Hopefully the current batch is recruiting him hard as well. Getting Xavier would be HUGE, but also would help with possibly the bigger get in Proctor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT