ADVERTISEMENT

NWLC Live Stream

Good night of wrestling. Had mostly competitive matches. Not sure how much it cost but have to think NLWC is about the only club who can host something like this. Hopefully they have more and we continue to see streams from other providers.

Good night of wrestling. Had mostly competitive matches. Not sure how much it cost but have to think NLWC is about the only club who can host something like this. Hopefully they have more and we continue to see streams from other providers.

Yeah. I’m neither a PSU or Iowa fan, but while it was probably a good thing for wrestling overall, one downside to this is that this will likely only further the gap between PSU and everyone else. Hopefully Iowa (or anyone but PSU) can at least grab that NCAA title this year that they should have gotten last year to give them just a bit of humility.

Reactions: Aleric1
Yeah. I’m neither a PSU or Iowa fan, but while it was probably a good thing for wrestling overall, one downside to this is that this will likely only further the gap between PSU and everyone else. Hopefully Iowa (or anyone but PSU) can at least grab that NCAA title this year that they should have gotten last year to give them just a bit of humility.
Any school or club is welcome to work with Rokfin and produce their own live streams. Its was quite clever of NLWC and will produce a steady stream of revenue. More money in wrestling is a good thing for everyone. In addition, Flo took a giant kick to the sack last night, which is just the cherry on top.

Any school or club is welcome to work with Rokfin and produce their own live streams. Its was quite clever of NLWC and will produce a steady stream of revenue. More money in wrestling is a good thing for everyone. In addition, Flo took a giant kick to the sack last night, which is just the cherry on top.

I agree, it was very clever of NLWC to do this. But HWC is probably the only other RTC that has the resources/roster/fanbase to pull off something similar.

I think it’s interesting Cael said the wrestlers got no “guaranteed” payment. I wonder if they were paid based on the # of subscribers they got or something (where again probably only them and HWC have enough of a fanbase to get a signicant # if subscribers).

Does anyone know which content producers he was referencing?
IA_Wrestle had a tweet promoting the event, but sent people to sign up for the event through their login so they would get the funds. They have since deleted the tweet.

IA_Wrestle had a tweet promoting the event, but sent people to sign up for the event through their login so they would get the funds. They have since deleted the tweet.
Dang. With the fundraising events we’ve had to miss I wish the HWC would have done this lol.

Dang. With the fundraising events we’ve had to miss I wish the HWC would have done this lol.
It was a great event (PSU-homer aside). There were no technical problems, and it was easy to sign-up then cancel after the event (if you wanted to). It does seem like a great platform to use for events like this. I could definitely see more RTCs or even wrestling clubs using it to promote their products.

It was a great event (PSU-homer aside). There were no technical problems, and it was easy to sign-up then cancel after the event (if you wanted to). It does seem like a great platform to use for events like this. I could definitely see more RTCs or even wrestling clubs using it to promote their products.

Agreed. It was a good event...especially for wrestling junkies. it would be nice to get to the point where we can do full blown duals. To be successful, the clubs have to monetize the avg wrestling fan who stops watching in March. If we had something regular to point to instead of the qualifiers plus a freestyle tourney or two, it would help.

Unfortunately, the big deal tourneys take place in uz****istan overseas, often happening in the middle of the night. Your avg working shlub has a tough time catching it.

Hat’s off to Cael and co for making it happen. Btw, I also agree that they should be the primary rake in all of this...they put it on, the wrestlers and the NLWC should benefit.

ADVERTISEMENT