ADVERTISEMENT

NY State Official: Hundreds May Be Infected With Polio

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Can't wait to hear the conspiracy theories that come out of this from the GQP nut jobs. It is interesting how they test wastewater to look for potential spread of such things... Are you anti-vaxxers opposed to a polio vaccine?

NBC New York reports:

There are new concerns about the potential spread of polio in New York, with the state health commissioner saying there could be “hundreds” of people infected as new evidence shows the virus has been found in samples from multiple counties.
“Based on earlier polio outbreaks, New Yorkers should know that for every one case of paralytic polio observed, there may be hundreds of other people infected,” New York State Health Commissioner Dr. Mary Bassett said.
“Coupled with the latest wastewater findings, the Department is treating the single case of polio as just the tip of the iceberg of much greater potential spread.”

Can't wait to hear the conspiracy theories that come out of this from the GQP nut jobs. It is interesting how they test wastewater to look for potential spread of such things... Are you anti-vaxxers opposed to a polio vaccine?

NBC New York reports:

Comments like this are plain dumb. The polio vaccine actually eliminates the risk of getting polio. Not so much for covid.

Are you smart enough to recognize the difference?

Rockland County is deep deep blue territory. I suspect this might be granola liberals more than GQP nutjobs.
The anti vaxers will be the ones who get it. The Q idiots will be the ones who use it to spread their dumbass conspiracy theories.

Reactions: lucas80
In a new paper, Adam Lauring, M.D., Ph.D., of the department of microbiology & immunology and the division of infectious disease and a collaborative team describe an enterprising study that allowed them to view the evolution of the vaccine virus into a more dangerous form in real time.

“Most outbreaks of type 2 polio virus are caused by the vaccine. Then you have a problem where our best weapon is that same vaccine, so you’re kind of fighting fire with fire,” says Lauring.

In a new paper, Adam Lauring, M.D., Ph.D., of the department of microbiology & immunology and the division of infectious disease and a collaborative team describe an enterprising study that allowed them to view the evolution of the vaccine virus into a more dangerous form in real time.

“Most outbreaks of type 2 polio virus are caused by the vaccine. Then you have a problem where our best weapon is that same vaccine, so you’re kind of fighting fire with fire,” says Lauring.
Link to paper?

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

Didn’t read the paper did you?

You think people are getting polio from the polio vaccine? Did you even read the article?

You were a better troll when you were NC.
Wild polio?

“People with certain immune problems can catch the disease from a child who has recently been vaccinated with oral polio vaccine. This type of vaccine is no longer used in the U.S.”

I read once that polio wasn’t a big issue until our hygiene improved. Basically if exposed as an infant it doesn’t pose a major threat. Once we quit shitting where we eat adolescents didn’t get exposed until they went to school. By then the antibodies passed to them by their mother had worn off. Not an expert but recall reading something like that.

“It’s actually crazy because we’re vaccinating now AGAINST THE VACCINE in most parts of the world,” Vincent Racaniello, a virologist at Columbia University, tells NPR, “not against wild polio, which is confined to Pakistan and Afghanistan.”

They’ve removed the type 2 component from the vaccine, believing it to be the cause of vaccine-induced polio, while at the same time telling you their new bivalent jab will protect you from the type 2 strain.

Yo, I don’t know why man but I really, really believe ‘em 🤣

Not surprising, this is just the start….wait till Measles takes off too.

But hey, Freedumb….(and I realize there are anti-vax liberals….but it wasn’t a democratic president who gave the anti vax cult their steroids…:cough: Donald Trump :cough:

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

But hey, Freedumb….(and I realize there are anti-vax liberals….but it wasn’t a democratic president who gave the anti vax cult their steroids…:cough: Donald Trump :cough:
Trump is a Big Pharma stooge.

Took millions from them in donations for his inauguration. Initiated Operation Warp Speed, therefore compromising the safety and efficacy of the covid vaccines. Made vaccines over therapeutics his only priority from day one. Threatened to shit can the head of the FDA if he didn’t approve an EUA for the jabs. Etc., etc.

If that’s ‘anti-vax’ I’m the Pope’s uncle.

Many people that are questioning the COVID vax are ok with traditional vaccines that have been around for YEARS.

Can just as easily make sweeping statements like.... until COVID, you'd typically think of "hipsters out in Cali" when you think anti-vax.

ADVERTISEMENT