ADVERTISEMENT

NY6 Bowl

In my opinion playing in a January 1 bowl game is the quintessential college football bowl game. The majority of college football watching folks have the day off and are well fed and on the couch ready to watch them some football.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Iowa needs Northwestern to lose out to make one of the “premier” bowl games. If OSU gets left out in the cold for not making the playoffs no one from the BIG will probably get one of the big bowls other than OSU....could be wrong maybe Orange bowl vs Notre Dame/Miami?

If Iowa wins out, they would have beat Wisky and Indiana. Those are two damn good wins. That should get the Cotton Bowl but we would need some outside help.
NC still plays Miami. ISU will play OK in the Big 12 Championship. WI plays Indiana, and Iowa plays WI and likely IN. NW likely will play OSU if they don't shut down. There are a bunch of losses there that could benefit Iowa if Iowa takes advantage of the next few weeks.

NC still plays Miami. ISU will play OK in the Big 12 Championship. WI plays Indiana, and Iowa plays WI and likely IN. NW likely will play OSU if they don't shut down. There are a bunch of losses there that could benefit Iowa if Iowa takes advantage of the next few weeks.
If Iowa beats both Wisky and Indiana, they would sit top 10 for sure.

Possibly, but not likely. The wild card is what happens with other teams currently above Iowa in the pecking order. If enough of them lose enough games, then we get in. Otherwise, no.

With what I would assume no fans I could see a team that plays maybe a little more exciting brand of football specifically on offense getting selected over a team like iowa with more of a traditional offense. Not specifically talking just about iowa.

Reactions: HawkPT
Honestly idk how many bowls have cancelled already but maybe conferences could work together and pair teams up for a late season out of conference games as if they were bowls. Ofc would depend on how many more bowls cancel.

7-2 in the COVID season equals 9 wins in a normal 12 game season. For sure respectable but probably not NY6 material. Think Outback/Cap One/Holiday level.
Just a normal Iowa season.

Some people are just talking about beating Wisky and Indiana. We need to play well just to beat the Illini. We can’t take them for granted, especially not knowing what we’ll get from our QB.

Some people are just talking about beating Wisky and Indiana. We need to play well just to beat the Illini. We can’t take them for granted, especially not knowing what we’ll get from our QB.

Agreed. They are a better team than Nebraska. If we can run the ball consistently I think we should win the game.

If Iowa wins out, they would have beat Wisky and Indiana. Those are two damn good wins. That should get the Cotton Bowl but we would need some outside help.

Ohio State is gonna get screwed. Indiana in title game. Ohio State playing Iowa IF Hawks beat Illinois and Wisconsin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT