ADVERTISEMENT

O’Keefe stepping down as Iowa Quarterbacks Coach

Jordan Palmer- Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, DeShaun Watson, Drew Lock, Josh Allen

Tom House- Carson Wentz, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Tom Brady plus some amazing major league pitchers.

Both of these guys have understudies that have been around some QBs at the top of the game. There are more than a fair share of Hawkeye fans who have nothing constructive to say about Spencer Petra's and Racioppi talked up Spencer's improvement this last off season. Did you witness enough this season to hire Racioppi?
You’re basing one bad result on the reason we shouldn’t hire him? Look at all the other guys he’s coached, he gets results.

Jordan Palmer- Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, DeShaun Watson, Drew Lock, Josh Allen

Tom House- Carson Wentz, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Tom Brady plus some amazing major league pitchers.

Both of these guys have understudies that have been around some QBs at the top of the game. There are more than a fair share of Hawkeye fans who have nothing constructive to say about Spencer Petra's and Racioppi talked up Spencer's improvement this last off season. Did you witness enough this season to hire Racioppi?

OK, did you guys that were just typing lists of names have "Life is a Rock" providing the rhythm in your brains?

Reading it sure came out naturally. I don't know any pitchers still alive I suppose so get some names out there boys. I gotta get at least one full verse done.

Reactions: Section25
lol Brian is like Teflon.

Iowa, known as OLine U, struggles at OL for the first time in the Ferentz era with Brian as OL coach. Brian gets promoted and Kirk doubles his pay.

National racism/bullying scandal with multiple accusers directly implicating Brian. Ferentz fires the nation's most well respected and highest paid strength coach. Brian gets no discipline at all and receives a raise.

Offense absolutely sputters to one of the worst in the Ferentz era, ranking 124th nationally, sparked some incredibly bad play calling. QBs coach resigns. Brian gets another raise.

Failing upward never hit a team so hard.
Bullying? Was Dan Gable a bully by the same standard?

Reactions: PIEPI

But did you see all the videos where he took a 3 step drop, looked off the invisible safety, and threw a dart to the wide open receiver with no pass rush

Because there are a dwindling number of buildings, PARTS of buildings, and other physical things on campus for people to use their money to buy immortality by putting their names on things they spent not one ounce of sweat or blood to actually build.

So now they've resorted to literally one of the dumbest and worst developments in the history of collegiate sports....buying naming rights to JOB TITLES. It's the most asinine, absurd, laughable and ridiculous money-grab and "look at us" initiative ever.

But just wait, it's gonna get even "better". Because now that they're starting to run out of the big job titles, like Head Football and Basketball Coach and Athletic Director, they'll next be comin' to name the Stine Family Starting Quarterback and the Wolfe Family Foundation Backup Women's Point Guard and the Grassley Family Endowment Assistant Associate Deputy Sports Information Director for Data and Analytics.

It's idiocy on a level Ol' Doodle once thought impossible.

If you were given $1 million to change your handle to MoonFamilyHawk-a-Doodle-Doo, I am guessing you would

Reactions: BBHawk
And Kirk himself will be 67 by the start of next season.

So what's your point wise one?

You probably should have thought this out a bit better before posting that and looking like a dunce.
My point, wise one, is that iowa has an aging head coach and an offense badly in need of modernization, so if KF is finally going to replace his equally aging offensive right-hand man, it would be nice to have some youth at that position.

LOL at dunce. Do people still use that word? You must be older than both of them.

Reactions: blhawk
My point, wise one, is that iowa has an aging head coach and an offense badly in need of modernization, so if KF is finally going to replace his equally aging offensive right-hand man, it would be nice to have some youth at that position.

LOL at dunce. Do people still use that word? You must be older than both of them.
Age ain’t got nothing to do with it. Saban is as old. And we ain’t Bama. Just harder to get the elite to come to somewhere like Iowa to play. We ain’t a sexy state.

How much longer is CJ Beathard (SP)looking to play?! Smart, talented and can make a cool $600plus coaching QBs. I would have gone with Tate before he went to uni, he would bring a lot to the position as well.

Nope, in my 50s and retired and use the word dunce when it applies. You are likely too young to have heard the word before? Jim Caldwell has achieved far more than you ever will and a first class man so stop trying to dump on him. Get back to focusing on KF bouncing you on his knee as you hope.

Age ain’t got nothing to do with it. Saban is as old. And we ain’t Bama. Just harder to get the elite to come to somewhere like Iowa to play. We ain’t a sexy state.
Feel free to look at the average age of Sabans coaching staff, and how many have gone to jobs elsewhere. Ill bet he has an average of 20 years on the rest of his staff.

Kirk with some of his recent hires has gradually been trying to get younger on the staff as well.

There is as good of a chance that we get Peyton and Arch Manning in a package deal as Chuck Long being the next QB coach for Iowa under Kirk and Brian.

It really should be Raih as QB coach + passing game coordinator. He would then be a logical choice for OC if BF were to move on. Iowa is lucky that he just happens to be looking for a job right now.

Feel free to look at the average age of Sabans coaching staff, and how many have gone to jobs elsewhere. Ill bet he has an average of 20 years on the rest of his staff.

Kirk with some of his recent hires has gradually been trying to get younger on the staff as well.

He has at least two assistances in their 60s, a few more in their 50s. Maybe two are still in their 30s. Alabama does seem to switch coaches up somewhat frequently. It seems as if there are always a couple of ex-NFL coaches on the staff while they wait for their next NFL gig. Alabama also usually has a stable of "analysts" that work for the Saban in between coaching jobs. Mike Stoops did that for at least one year. The bottom line there is are always fresh ideas floating around the Alabama facilities. Couple that with Saban's discipline and a top-three recruiting class each year you end up with a juggernaut.

Reactions: RomanHawk
1. He's "stepping down" but Iowa will honor his contract? I have a hard time believing this. If he left on his own Iowa is doing something I've never seen in my professional career; maybe it happens in sports and I've just missed it.

2. Why does it state "Moon family head football coach Kirk Ferentz" and not Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz? Are we now the Moon Family Hawkeyes?
1 - they told him he was done with his primary responsibilities, but have to pay out his contract, so they get something

2 - at least 2 years old

Reactions: kwinks1
How much longer is CJ Beathard (SP)looking to play?! Smart, talented and can make a cool $600plus coaching QBs. I would have gone with Tate before he went to uni, he would bring a lot to the position as well.
Good QB does not equal Good QB Coach

CJ might get there some day, but that would not be a good hire when he doesn't have a day of coaching under his belt.

Leistikow now saying Tony R would be a very good candidate. East coast recruiting ties, worked with Kenny Pickett, our new 4 star QB Marco, etc, etc. From the outside looking in would be a solid hire if he's interested.

It really should be Raih as QB coach + passing game coordinator. He would then be a logical choice for OC if BF were to move on. Iowa is lucky that he just happens to be looking for a job right now.
The guy who has never coached QBs is the logical choice to be QB coach? He is also the obvious choice to be OC after he got demoted of his duties in the preseason at Vanderbilt?

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Leistikow now saying Tony R would be a very good candidate. East coast recruiting ties, worked with Kenny Pickett, our new 4 star QB Marco, etc, etc. From the outside looking in would be a solid hire if he's interested.
Seems like it would be a dicey situation bringing in Petras's QB coach. If Petras ends up starting it is just going to look like he was playing favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT