ADVERTISEMENT

O/T Dejean Jones Signs Multi Year Deal with Pelicans

BD-J has talent. Every coach he played for knew that. He also has something wrong with how his brain is wired. Every coach he played for knew that.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Good for him, he didn't miss a beat in the summer league. Hopefully he can help the team during the regular season.

WRONG LIAR!!!!

"There is no guaranteed money in the contract, so it basically amounts to a camp invitation and gives DeJean-Jones an opportunity to make the roster, while leaving the Pelicans an option to cut him before the season, according to sources, who also said the Pelicans are using part of the mid-level exception to sign him."

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/beaucoup/13180612-171/pelicans-sign-former-iowa-state

Most reports are saying that there is some guaranteed money in the contract.

Melvin Ejim signed with Orlando recently as well.

It's more fun to follow the NBA when we get to see guys we saw play at in-state schools vie for roster spots. Marble. Olaseni. Evans. White. Hopefully Uthoff next season. Tuttle. Ejim. Dejean Jones. Compared to where we were a few years ago, just that partial list is pretty impressive.

Reactions: Isitfootballseason?
The negative stuff attributed to him as it pertains to the UAB game was highly overblown. He was a scapegoat by ISU fans. ISU lost that as a team and there were factors that had nothing to do with BDJ. I'm happy for him and hopefully he takes advantage of it.

DeJean Jones was a cancer to his team.

Last edited:
I have followed the NBA for many years. It's possible that Ejim's contract as stated is just for the preseason games and he might not make the final roster but teams do not sign players to three year contracts to turn them loose at the end of preseason games. I would pretty much bet he is guaranteed the first year with a team option to sign him or let him go at the end of the first year and if they decide to sign him the third year would probably be a player option. Most players in his situation as an undrafted free agent would not be able to negotiate more than a one year contract for starters and it might not all be guaranteed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT