ADVERTISEMENT

*O$U screwed out of # 1 seed...

Buckies should be happy to get the opportunity to officially dethrone the defending champs. As a great man once (well, frequently) said - “If you wanna BE the man, you gotta BEAT the man.”

Now they get that chance. Wooooooooooooooooo!

*OSU NC schedule:
Florida Atlantic 9 - 3 CUSA Champion
Cincinnati 10 - 2 AAC runner-up
Miami of Ohio 8 - 5 Mac Champions
9 game undefeated Big schedule + Champ
Won every game by double digits

LSU NC schedule:
Georgia Southern 7 - 5 Sun Belt
Texas 7 - 5 Big 12
Northwestern State 3 - 9 Non-major
Utah State 7 - 5 Mountain West
8 game undefeated SEC schedule + Champ
Had 3 single score wins

LSU's QB couldn't win the job at *O$U so he transferred to the SEC...

The " body of work " > eye test...
And OSU's QB couldn't win the job at Georgia so he transferred to the Big Ten.

Another way to look at this is that in five years of the four-team playoff system, the #1 seed still hasn't won a single National Championship. The committee did Ohio State a favor by giving them bulletin board material and putting all the pressure on LSU.

Reactions: Gonolz and DFSNOLE
*OSU NC schedule:
Florida Atlantic 9 - 3 CUSA Champion
Cincinnati 10 - 2 AAC runner-up
Miami of Ohio 8 - 5 Mac Champions
9 game undefeated Big schedule + Champ
Won every game by double digits

LSU NC schedule:
Georgia Southern 7 - 5 Sun Belt
Texas 7 - 5 Big 12
Northwestern State 3 - 9 Non-major
Utah State 7 - 5 Mountain West
8 game undefeated SEC schedule + Champ
Had 3 single score wins

So LSU had the better non conference schedule and beat more top 10 teams.

So what exactly are you arguing?

Meh, both have solid arguments. So does Clemson. You may as well throw all three in a hat and draw them randomly, for both opponent and location.

tOSU was clearly the best team in the country all year. Just more unfounded SEC bias. tOSU is going to steamroll their way through the playoffs

Iowa St > Texas. Cincinnati > Texas.
What about the the other 3 games? Plus the non - major that was supposed to be a negative in scheduling...

I don't care whether you beat a 10-2 AAC team or a 7-5. They are the same quality in my mind.

The top 3 resumes are getting a shot at the title, OSU, LSU, and Clemson. All undefeated. Oklahoma is the only remaining 12-1 team. I don't have a problem with them getting the #4 spot.
The question isn't whether OU is on a par with tOSU, LSU and Clemson. The question is whether any other team has a better claim to the fourth spot than Oklahoma, which is another thing entirely.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
But they beat some 7-5 power conference teams which are better wins than any top 25 non power five conference teams according to your logic.

huh?

I think you're trying to use some transitive property thing here. Cincy beat some 7-5 Big 12 team so when they lost to OSU is a good loss because they beat the 7-5 BIg 12 team and that is somehow applicable to OSU who they didn't play but did play Cincy that beat them when they finsihed 7-5..

fDLfM20.gif

Look don't come here whining about non conference schedules when OSU played 0 Big 5 teams and LSU did.

To add insult to injury, Clemson opens as a 2-point favorite over OSU. I'm not a sports gambler, but I'd take OSU and the points.

Just imagine how crazy it would be right now if we didn't have the 4-team playoff and we were still operating under the BCS system where the top 2 teams play for the title.

The defending national champion goes undefeated and doesn't get a chance to defend their title? It would be absolute mayhem.

The question isn't whether OU is on a par with tOSU, LSU and Clemson. The question is whether any other team has a better claim to the fourth spot than Oklahoma, which is another thing entirely.
I think they had a legit claim to the 4th spot, and so did the committee.

Reactions: ghost80
Oklahoma is clearly a level below the top 3, but they earned the fourth spot. Baylor, Utah, and Georgia all had a chance to claim it and they all failed. Oklahoma has the only legitimate claim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT