ADVERTISEMENT

Obama chooses to keep America dependent on foreign oil....

HawktimusPrime

HR Legend
Mar 23, 2015
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...jection-of-keystone-pipeline-source/ar-CC2dXg

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will reject the Keystone XL oil pipeline that has divided petroleum interests and environmentalists for more than seven years, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.

President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry, who was charged with making a recommendation on the controversial project, were scheduled to meet on Friday morning, ahead of public remarks by Obama at 11:45 a.m. (1645 GMT).

Keystone XL would have linked existing pipeline networks in Canada and the United States to bring more than 800,000 barrels per day of crude from Alberta's oil sands and some from North Dakota to refineries in Illinois and, eventually, the Gulf of Mexico coast.

Canada called and said, "Thanks for nothing, you ingrates. I hope a trainload of oil derails and explodes in your downtown."

Where do you think that pipeline was going?
Can you just let me troll here or what? I'm against it to to be honest. It's ugly oil, it's set to go over the Aguilar too. It just doesn't do much for us.

I'm trolling though, so if you could Atta Boy and C your way out, that'd be a good laddy.

Reactions: naturalmwa
You do realize that Canada is a foreign country, correct?
Yes, kind of. Sort of, a wannabe America. Maybe a bit better than us. I like them though, they supply the world with many fresh and beautiful faces.

...never mind that TransCanada cannot turn a profit with the pipeline with oil prices so low...

The proposed pipeline, which would transport crude oil from these sands to refineries along the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, is a flashpoint in U.S. politics. The Republican-led Congress wants to build it, and the House of Representatives is set to vote on this question. President Obama has pledged a veto.

But if prices stay so low over the coming year, Canada’s vast fossil fuel resource, called tar sands or oil sands, wouldn’t fetch high enough prices to be mined in the first place.
If prices stay in the low $50 range, “the necessity for Keystone XL may disappear,” says Pete Howard, the president emeritus of the
Canadian Energy Research Institute in Calgary, Alberta. “We’ve got rail [transportation] right now as a safety valve, and if we build up rail capacity to carry three-quarters of a million barrels, that pretty much takes up all the projects that are under construction right now.”
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/533981/low-oil-prices-mean-keystone-pipeline-makes-no-sense/

...but what do the guys at MIT know, anyway.....:confused:

Yes, kind of. Sort of, a wannabe America. Maybe a bit better than us. I like them though, they supply the world with many fresh and beautiful faces.

They also provide employment opportunities for our football players who can't make it in the NFL. Good people.

Reactions: IACub
...never mind that TransCanada cannot turn a profit with the pipeline with oil prices so low...

The proposed pipeline, which would transport crude oil from these sands to refineries along the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, is a flashpoint in U.S. politics. The Republican-led Congress wants to build it, and the House of Representatives is set to vote on this question. President Obama has pledged a veto.

But if prices stay so low over the coming year, Canada’s vast fossil fuel resource, called tar sands or oil sands, wouldn’t fetch high enough prices to be mined in the first place.
If prices stay in the low $50 range, “the necessity for Keystone XL may disappear,” says Pete Howard, the president emeritus of the
Canadian Energy Research Institute in Calgary, Alberta. “We’ve got rail [transportation] right now as a safety valve, and if we build up rail capacity to carry three-quarters of a million barrels, that pretty much takes up all the projects that are under construction right now.”
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/533981/low-oil-prices-mean-keystone-pipeline-makes-no-sense/

...but what do the guys at MIT know, anyway.....:confused:
I like how you quote these guys as if you are one of their peers or something. You're not a bright bulb in the presence and the radiance of Prime. Catch up with the train Joe and quit staring at the bright and shiny things.

I need you to quit using emoticons as it's a sign that you are not able to articulate well with your words. I also need you to NEVER speak of MIT again. You aren't even good enough to be a custodian there.

This decision was made 7 years ago. Obama couldn't say this when energy prices were high. He needed the cover of low energy prices.

I like how you quote these guys as if you are one of their peers or something. You're not a bright bulb in the presence and the radiance of Prime. Catch up with the train Joe and quit staring at the bright and shiny things.

The 'train' that thinks Canadian oil is a 'domestic' product???:confused:

Reactions: cigaretteman
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...jection-of-keystone-pipeline-source/ar-CC2dXg

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will reject the Keystone XL oil pipeline that has divided petroleum interests and environmentalists for more than seven years, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.

President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry, who was charged with making a recommendation on the controversial project, were scheduled to meet on Friday morning, ahead of public remarks by Obama at 11:45 a.m. (1645 GMT).

Keystone XL would have linked existing pipeline networks in Canada and the United States to bring more than 800,000 barrels per day of crude from Alberta's oil sands and some from North Dakota to refineries in Illinois and, eventually, the Gulf of Mexico coast.

Hawktimus...please save us from YOUR ignorance. Do you even at all understand the purpose of the pipeline? Building it would have had ZERO effect on the oil availablity in the US. Jeeeeebus Keeerist, read and think before you spew. The argument here is about JOBS and not oil supply or oil dependence. You at times, are your own worst enemy.

Reactions: lucas80
13fd3115293047eb8ea934549922fc05.jpg

Where it would be refined into gasoline and sold on the world market. The fact that oil is a fungible commodity escapes the OP. Or, the fact that Canada couldn't get this pipeline built across it's own land to the Pacific. Easier to blame environmentalists.

Where it would be refined into gasoline and sold on the world market. The fact that oil is a fungible commodity escapes the OP. Or, the fact that Canada couldn't get this pipeline built across it's own land to the Pacific. Easier to blame environmentalists.

Why should Canada risk their own environment, which they choose to protect? Hell, the dirty work can be done by the USA.

Not sure if you understand that Canada is a foreign nation.

Hawkimus probably thinks that Canada is part of the MidWest. That's why we see them playing in the BigTen so much on Saturdays.

They play in 'Merican NHL divisions....in 'Merican Major League Baseball divisions!

Didn't Kansas City just win the American Series of Baseball last week?

Why should Canada risk their own environment, which they choose to protect? Hell, the dirty work can be done by the USA.
I've been saying this all along in the Keystone debate. They couldn't build it across Canada, so they thought they could just buy enough American officials and gin up enough stupids to think it would create jobs and lower gas prices.

Oh, Come now!!!

Everyone KNOWS that if you try to build pipelines that go 'sideways', you have to spend a LOT more money PUMPING it!!

Try this - Tape a soda straw onto your household globe, in the middle of Canada, north-south.
Now, take an eye-dropper and inject some water into the straw.
WHAT HAPPENS??
The water FLOWS NATURALLY down to the Gulf of Mexico - NO PUMPING REQUIRED!!! Same with the oil!

Clearly, this is the cost savings for TransCanada in getting that oil to a seaport cheaply....:confused:

images

I've been saying this all along in the Keystone debate. They couldn't build it across Canada, so they thought they could just buy enough American officials and gin up enough stupids to think it would create jobs and lower gas prices.
This is complete bullshit. The America GOP is not for sale. Especially by oilmen.

The idea is to deliver it to the refineries (hint, they're in Louisiana). So, building a pipeline across Canada would deliver it to ships that will then take it to... Louisiana. Obviously a better plan.

I still had to stop back here for some laughs at the OP asserting 'Canadian oil' is NOT 'foreign oil'....

We should just make them our 51st state, so he can pretend he was right all along.

I still had to stop back here for some laughs at the OP asserting 'Canadian oil' is NOT 'foreign oil'....

We should just make them our 51st state, so he can pretend he was right all along.
Maybe 51-57. Obama let that plan slip out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT