ADVERTISEMENT

Obama Claims March in Selma Led to His Birth Back in 1961.

Arbitr8

HB Legend
May 13, 2009
Lewis Township
When the president spoke before an audience in Selma, Obama credited the civil rights march as the inspiration for his conception. The only problem with that, as conservative pundit Michelle Malkin points out, is that the president was already three years old when the march occurred in 1965.

More lies from the Commander and cheat!

Another way to read that speech is he is crediting the "something stirring" that lead to Selma as also leading to his mom and dad getting together.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
Another way to read that speech is he is crediting the "something stirring" that lead to Selma as also leading to his mom and dad getting together.
Spin ....Spin....Spin....Out POTUS is a LIAR. On many fronts.

I suppose-if you don't know how to read.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Speedway1:

OMG OMG OMG, FREAK OUT TIME!

I can't believe some of you care this much.

I predicted this at least 7-8 years ago, toward the end of the Bush era. With shitty cable news networks dominating the ratings, being followed religiously by simpletons with no real answers to problems other than "your guy sucks", politics seemed on the verge of being shifting toward solely being "my team vs. your team", a la sports. It's come much sooner than I anticipated, at least on this board. I remember LC or someone similar trying to use Aaron Burr as a counter-point.

So, great, we're at our least civil period in politics since 1804. Probably the least productive. Every single thread about a dumb Republican (or dumb Republican idea) elicits posts about Maxine Waters, Debbie W-S or Nancy P. Every thread attacking D's is sure to have some post about Bush or Palin or Rick Perry.

Unfortunately, this is what the politicians want. While idiots chirp at each other over whose guy was worse, they just keep lowering the bar and no one pays any attention to how low we're sinking, only if our team has the upper hand over the other team at this particular moment.

Christ, I don't like Obama, never voted for him, and generally disagree with his politics. Yet, I'm constantly defending him on here because no one can craft a complaint about him grounded in reality, and instead, people choose to spend their time on this shit. I can't honestly believe anyone gives 1 shit about this quote from a campaign speech, from 7+ years ago, from a guy who is already elected as many times as he can be elected, and has less than 2 years left to govern.

If some of you held your own party to the standards you hold the other party, you might actually see some real progress from our government. Since we know that will never happen, we'll get another 18 months of this stupidity before we choose between the lesser of 2 evils in November 2016.

/rant

christ you guys suck

Originally posted by slieb85:

I predicted this at least 7-8 years ago, toward the end of the Bush era. With shitty cable news networks dominating the ratings, being followed religiously by simpletons with no real answers to problems other than "your guy sucks", politics seemed on the verge of being shifting toward solely being "my team vs. your team", a la sports. It's come much sooner than I anticipated, at least on this board. I remember LC or someone similar trying to use Aaron Burr as a counter-point.

So, great, we're at our least civil period in politics since 1804. Probably the least productive. Every single thread about a dumb Republican (or dumb Republican idea) elicits posts about Maxine Waters, Debbie W-S or Nancy P. Every thread attacking D's is sure to have some post about Bush or Palin or Rick Perry.

Unfortunately, this is what the politicians want. While idiots chirp at each other over whose guy was worse, they just keep lowering the bar and no one pays any attention to how low we're sinking, only if our team has the upper hand over the other team at this particular moment.

Christ, I don't like Obama, never voted for him, and generally disagree with his politics. Yet, I'm constantly defending him on here because no one can craft a complaint about him grounded in reality, and instead, people choose to spend their time on this shit. I can't honestly believe anyone gives 1 shit about this quote from a campaign speech, from 7+ years ago, from a guy who is already elected as many times as he can be elected, and has less than 2 years left to govern.

If some of you held your own party to the standards you hold the other party, you might actually see some real progress from our government. Since we know that will never happen, we'll get another 18 months of this stupidity before we choose between the lesser of 2 evils in November 2016.

/rant

christ you guys suck
You're going to have to do something about your drinking if you want to be a successful lawyer. See "The Verdict" with Paul Newman and be forewarned.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

/rant

christ you guys suck
You're going to have to do something about your drinking if you want to be a successful lawyer. See "The Verdict" with Paul Newman and be forewarned.
1. I haven't had alcohol in about 2 weeks.

2. I'm extremely comfortable in my position with regards to my legal career at this moment.

3. Way to avoid addressing any actual issue and instead attempt a lame ass personal shot at me. You didn't used to be this childish and petty. Perhaps it's your old age and your fear of death that is bringing out this side of you?

4. I guess you would be the one to ask about alcohol getting in the way of work, right?

This false tale originated with a graduate of the
Brian Williams School of Journalism.

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

When the president spoke before an audience in Selma, Obama credited the civil rights march as the inspiration for his conception. The only problem with that, as conservative pundit Michelle Malkin points out, is that the president was already three years old when the march occurred in 1965.
Why is it we cannot have rational and civil discussions here on HROT?
Oh, never mind.
Jeeeebus Keeeerist some folks here are just not right in the head.

Originally posted by joelbc1:

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Why is it we cannot have rational and civil discussions here on HROT?
Oh, never mind.
Jeeeebus Keeeerist some folks here are just not right in the head.

You are part of the problem old man.

sileb your "rant" is spot on and one of the better posts I have seen on here.

/rant

christ you guys suck

Slieb is one of the few people on here that

A. Uses common sense.
2. Doesn't suck down as much R or D Kool Aid as he can, and
D. Isn't bats--t crazy.

You guys haven't figured out yet that every politician changes their story depending on their target audience and most of the time lie through their teeth when doing so?

Great movie although I'm somewhat surprised that you liked it.

If you must revive a story (more of a non-story, at that) from 7 years ago, couldn't you have picked something a little more interesting?

Did you know, for example, that Obama was caught not wearing a flag lapel pin during some campaign appearances back then? Or that he failed to put his hand over his heart one time when the national anthem was playing?

Oh, the humanity.

/rant

christ you guys suck
Didn't you just make a thread where you tried to bait Rs by bringing up "Obama's Fault, I'm sure"? And now you want to pretend you're better than that?

Originally posted by PerkyForHerky:

/rant

christ you guys suck
Didn't you just make a thread where you tried to bait Rs by bringing up "Obama's Fault, I'm sure"? And now you want to pretend you're better than that?
And if you read my latest post in that, it's clearly a jab at people like Speedway.

I'm sorry if that is too nuanced for you to understand. One is honestly complaining (Speedway), one is making fun of the simpletons (me).

/rant

christ you guys suck
There are plenty of posts grounded in nothing but reality. You are the one choosing to ignore them. I also believe you probably voted for the guy

Originally posted by aflachawk:
There are plenty of posts grounded in nothing but reality. You are the one choosing to ignore them. I also believe you probably voted for the guy
Plenty? I would say that it's less than 50/50. I don't "ignore" anything, I generally try to read most threads on here, at least once.

And good for you. Like your belief in your ability to be objective (and this board's ability), your belief about who I voted for is clearly not grounded in reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT