ADVERTISEMENT

Obama giving the eulogy of John Lewis

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
All of the traits that made him an effective leader are on display. Humility to the moment. Strength. Understanding the scope and scale of history. Clarity. Compassion. Humor. Ability to craft meaningful words into a narrative.

All of the traits that made him an effective leader are on display. Humility to the moment. Strength. Understanding the scope and scale of history. Clarity. Compassion. Humor. Ability to craft meaningful words into a narrative.
You, like many others, continue to mistake eloquent, highly skilled oratory skills with leadership. Being able to read a great speech does not make one a great leader. They're just words. Actions define great leaders.

Reactions: SDHN2013 and B1G
The old adage is "Actions Speak Louder Than Words"

Real leaders are judged by their acts and deeds while
they were alive. We need leaders who can walk the
walk and not just talk the talk. In American history you
will find Presidents who did this. They are the ones
who are remembered and honored.

I don't know if it's the adage about time healing all wounds, but from a character perspective I've always like the guy George W. Bush. If for whatever reason, I was invited to meet either GWB or Obama while they were President I'd have dropped everything to do so. I'd never want to meet DJT in person. If DJT offered me the Medal of Freedom, I'd decline it.

I don't know if it's the adage about time healing all wounds, but from a character perspective I've always like the guy George W. Bush. If for whatever reason, I was invited to meet either GWB or Obama while they were President I'd have dropped everything to do so. I'd never want to meet DJT in person. If DJT offered me the Medal of Freedom, I'd decline it.
Same here. I would be honored to meet any of our living ex-Presidents. I wouldn’t cross the street to meet Trump. Not even if he offered me a room temperature hamberder.

Agreed, I've never thought Bush was a bad person. I think he meant well, is a good person overall and knows how to relate to people. Unfortunately I don't think he was a great president, and somewhat similar to Carter, that was partly due to circumstance. Both would have been perfectly decent presidents under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, their presidencies were nowhere near normal.

You, like many others, continue to mistake eloquent, highly skilled oratory skills with leadership. Being able to read a great speech does not make one a great leader. They're just words. Actions define great leaders.
So, you didn’t see the eulogy. Got it.

Reactions: BelemNole
Everyone they showed on the national news tonight speaking at the funeral did great in my opinion. Doesn't matter who writes their stuff (who believes presidents write their own speeches?), they have to deliver the goods in person to show their sincerity. If Lewis did half the stuff they attribute to him, he was a good man.

Reactions: VicHawkeye
I’d meet W and piss on him.

And, his actions showed he was a fine leader as opposed to the dipshit we’re stuck with now.
That's a really low bar to compare to. But unfortunately BHO proved time and again to be a partisan first and foremost which is why big picture he accomplished very little. He'd have likely been a very good president in less partisan divided era.

Reactions: SDHN2013
That's a really low bar to compare to. But unfortunately BHO proved time and again to be a partisan first and foremost which is why big picture he accomplished very little. He'd have likely been a very good president in less partisan divided era.
LMFAO. Some of you are just completely nuts. There's no other explanation. Willful ignorance would only go so far.

Have you learned nothing from the BLM protests? As long as most people are wearing masks, social distancing is irrelevant.

Yep only BLM protests, not the protests op wearing masks or Presidential rallies. Why don’t you call those out too?

ADVERTISEMENT