ADVERTISEMENT

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Watched it again this weekend and have to admit that scene was brilliant. Did not set up a sequel season unless they have a Vader chapter which would be awesome.
Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Darth-Vader-with-Broken-Mask.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JupiterHawk
Personally, I think this series is very blah, leaning towards being bad. Leila’s actress and portrayal is not good. They should have been playing the Benny Hill theme song during the chase scenes.

Put me down in the camp of not liking the 3rd sister character. It does feel like they shoehorned her into the plot via retcons and other absurd plot details. Also, her matrix style flips and jumps during the chase scene was stupid.

Obi’s character has gone the Luke route and become a giant pussy who is also dumber than a rock now.

I could go on and on. It’s currently only sitting at 58% on rotten tomatoes, but I’m guessing that will continue to drop as the series goes on.
It's amazing how the last two episodes absolutely saved this series. Looking at it in it's entirety though, all the things pointed out in this post are true. The 3rd Sister was terrible. Too much focus on 3rd Sister and Leia. Obi's character turned into a gigantic pussy (turned off the Force so as not to attract attention, okay fine), then must have done a Rocky training montage off screen because in a matter of hours/days became the most powerful Jedi we've seen on-screen (only because he thought of Leia). Even the finale was somewhat ruined by the Reva character where she went after and tried to kill Luke. What exactly was her motivation there? Luke conveniently gets knocked out so still thinks it was Sand People...that carried a lightsaber. You think he might recognize that 7 years later when Obi One gives him a lightsaber.

Disney would be best served to explore/expand other areas of the Star Wars Universe (like Mandalorian) and leave the Skywalker saga alone so as not to screw it up even more than they already have. Anytime they tread close to that source material it becomes a recipe for disaster because they just can't help themselves to not mess with it and try to retcon the characters. Star Wars Universe is a massive canvas where they could dream up so many stories at any point centuries before/after the Skywalker Saga with all sorts of varieties, orders, suborders, etc. of the Light/Dark side of the The Force

It's amazing how the last two episodes absolutely saved this series. Looking at it in it's entirety though, all the things pointed out in this post are true. The 3rd Sister was terrible. Too much focus on 3rd Sister and Leia. Obi's character turned into a gigantic pussy (turned off the Force so as not to attract attention, okay fine), then must have done a Rocky training montage off screen because in a matter of hours/days became the most powerful Jedi we've seen on-screen (only because he thought of Leia). Even the finale was somewhat ruined by the Reva character where she went after and tried to kill Luke. What exactly was her motivation there? Luke conveniently gets knocked out so still thinks it was Sand People...that carried a lightsaber. You think he might recognize that 7 years later when Obi One gives him a lightsaber.

Disney would be best served to explore/expand other areas of the Star Wars Universe (like Mandalorian) and leave the Skywalker saga alone so as not to screw it up even more than they already have. Anytime they tread close to that source material it becomes a recipe for disaster because they just can't help themselves to not mess with it and try to retcon the characters. Star Wars Universe is a massive canvas where they could dream up so many stories at any point centuries before/after the Skywalker Saga with all sorts of varieties, orders, suborders, etc. of the Light/Dark side of the The Force
I want them to explore the first Jedis or to explore further into the future outside the sky Walker lineage.

Reactions: Tom Paris

Agreed, at a certain point just allow the fans to fill in the blanks themselves between timelines. Excited for Andor, because like The Mandalorian, it's more or less wide open for storytelling. As for Obi Wan, was also surprised how cheap the entire show looked. They may as well have been putting on a play with the uninteresting backgrounds the show used.

A desert planet w/ 2 suns will do that to a guy. LOL
Yeah, especially if he went back to his meat packing job and living in a cave. Actually, I think he moved out beyond the Dune Sea, so yeah, a landscape that could age a guy pretty quick.

Another fascinating thing about Star Wars, or maybe it us just Tatooine, that the living accommodations there were absolute crap. They had the tech to fly in space, robots, all the cool stuff, yet they dressed in robes and lived in mud huts or a cave.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yeah, especially if he went back to his meat packing job and living in a cave. Actually, I think he moved out beyond the Dune Sea, so yeah, a landscape that could age a guy pretty quick.

Another fascinating thing about Star Wars, or maybe it us just Tatooine, that the living accommodations there were absolute crap. They had the tech to fly in space, robots, all the cool stuff, yet they dressed in robes and lived in mud huts or a cave.
Mud? On Tatooine?
Your privilege is showing.

They also had the tech to have scooters and "cars" that seemingly float/levitate with no downward thrust, but the preferred mode of transportation on Tatooine seems to be its version of camels or buffalos.

Young Yoda would be cool. Back when he was coming up as a Jedi.

Truly they need to admit they ****ed up when they disallowed all the books that have been written as cannon. They have thousands of potential storylines already written that have appeal to the nerd base and are probably excellent stories

Disney took an orphan story and turned it into a battle between two or three elite asshole families for power. Not even sure the Jedi are the good guys anymore...maybe just the not as bad guys.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Young Yoda would be cool. Back when he was coming up as a Jedi.

Truly they need to admit they ****ed up when they disallowed all the books that have been written as cannon. They have thousands of potential storylines already written that have appeal to the nerd base and are probably excellent stories

Disney took an orphan story and turned it into a battle between two or three elite asshole families for power. Not even sure the Jedi are the good guys anymore...maybe just the not as bad guys.
Years ago, i read most of the Star Wars books prior to Disney buying the rights - my favorite franchise was the Thrawn trilogy, written by Timothy Zahn, set a few years after the original trilogy. Would have made an excellent basis for the sequel trilogy imo.

What's annoying is that I don't hate any one of the individual sequel movies. What hurts all of them is that Disney got arrogant and didn't think they needed to have a plan for them, that fans would show up regardless. They still made money, but not nearly as much as they should have.

I'll still stand by Force Awakens as a good start however.

Reactions: Tfxchawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT