jk

1*OTARdrj_JJ1oCWpsQSMLrA.jpeg

Star-Wars-Black-Actors-Ranked-600x302.jpg

ddauc55-eeb9dbb9-670a-4e15-a969-3ffe63cefc60.jpg

fennec-shand-main_25402b49.jpeg

JTF_FF_000556.0.jpeg

Gotta throw some Pacific Islander love out there:

star-wars-the-mandalorian-jango-fett.jpeg

Though as "old Boba", he somehow looks pastier than platinum blonde Swede.

I wish Vader would have ended Reva. Star Wars needs to stop holding back on violence and killing people. To really make Vader even more bad ass they could have had him use the force to raise Reva and break her neck or some shit. We need some sadistic shit from Vader imo

I wish Vader would have ended Reva. Star Wars needs to stop holding back on violence and killing people. To really make Vader even more bad ass they could have had him use the force to raise Reva and break her neck or some shit. We need some sadistic shit from Vader imo
Killing random villagers just to flush Kenobi out of hiding wasn’t sadistic enough?

If anything, this is some of the darkest we’ve seen of Vader. He savored torturing Obi Wan, he didn’t stew for a decade wanting to off his old master as quickly as possible. He has been in constant agonizing pain (both physical and emotional) ever since his defeat on Mustafar and wanted Obi Wan’s death to be slow and painful.

We finally get to see something decent out of Reva in this episode. We finally get some of her backstory and see what motivated her. We also see a dichotomy within her as Obi Wan struck a chord with her of sorts.

I’m guessing Obi Wan comes back for Reva and succeeds in converting her back to the light side. There’s no way they’re just going to let her die by herself in such an undignified manner.

Killing random villagers just to flush Kenobi out of hiding wasn’t sadistic enough?

If anything, this is some of the darkest we’ve seen of Vader. He savored torturing Obi Wan, he didn’t stew for a decade wanting to off his old master as quickly as possible. He has been in constant agonizing pain (both physical and emotional) ever since his defeat on Mustafar and wanted Obi Wan’s death to be slow and painful.

We finally get to see something decent out of Reva in this episode. We finally get some of her backstory and see what motivated her. We also see a dichotomy within her as Obi Wan struck a chord with her of sorts.

I’m guessing Obi Wan comes back for Reva and succeeds in converting her back to the light side. There’s no way they’re just going to let her die by herself in such an undignified manner.
Did he actually kill them? If I remember correctly he was just being a prick to them and almost killing them.

When he had her beaten, holding both sabers, I thought he was going to take off her head Dooku style.

When he had her beaten, holding both sabers, I thought he was going to take off her head Dooku style.
That's exactly what I said to my son. "Cmon do her Dooku style!" Kinda disappointed that she lived, but it's a curious ending with her knowing that they're going to Tatooine and her obviously remembering who Owen was. Why is Kenobi afraid of her knowing that? Is she going to turn back to evil?

That's exactly what I said to my son. "Cmon do her Dooku style!" Kinda disappointed that she lived, but it's a curious ending with her knowing that they're going to Tatooine and her obviously remembering who Owen was. Why is Kenobi afraid of her knowing that? Is she going to turn back to evil?
Probably knowing who her father is would lead to her becoming an unruly adolescent.

Great episode. I had a feeling once Darth Vader was more prominently involved, the episodes would get better.

With only one episode left, it makes me wish there were more to go. We will see how close in timeline to A New Hope they leave off. Clearly the last episode doesn't conclude with Darth Vader discovering that Luke is on Tattoine or he would have gotten to him before A New Hope.

Luke and Leia must be about what 10 years old in this show? What is Luke in A New Hope? 16-17?

So they have maybe 6-7 years to work with? Certainly could have multiple seasons of Obi-Wan Kenobi if they want to. This season hasn't covered hardly any time and has been a lot of flashbacks. I guess the biggest problem with potential future seasons of Obi-Wan is that they'd be out of flashback material.

Well have I got some spoilers for you, then.............

She is kind of setup to be the fallen hero in episode 6, like saving Luke or Ben. Already sounds lame. I don’t get her angst with Ben. He was being hunted like everything else when the order was given. It’s not like he didn’t punish Anikan for what he did.

Still amazing after all the shit Vader does that the Last Jedi had Luke killing off his nephew because of a possible dark side

f8c616a7-53e6-4cd3-8c77-272e2b71c3d8
Still pisses me off how they completely messed up Luke’s character. Young Luke was almost annoyingly optimistic who always saw the good in others, even if others told him he was nuts for thinking his father was worth redeeming. Fast forward 25 years and cheerful young Luke is long gone. We see a pessimistic graying bearded hermit who felt guilty for losing a prized student to the dark side. Redemption wasn’t on his mind, only destruction. This isn’t Luke in the sequels, this is Old Obi Wan all over again.

idk if it was the filming of it or what but the amount of missed shots in such a short enclosed area looked bad too me lol.
Stormtrooper aim has been a meme forever. To me the silliest thing is how slow vader looked in the duel. Lumbering but blocks everything. And not the part where he can just block everything with the force and a flick of his hand. The light saber duel.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I love how stormtrooper armor does nothing. They get hit by a blaster shot and immediately go down. Multiple humans get hit by blaster shots and one survives to be carried off, while another survives long enough to set off a thermal detonator.

The Vader fight was neat, but the force blocks started looking really hokey after 5 or 10 of them. And it is really annoying to let her live. Just finish her off. This isn’t her show and we don’t need redemption for her. She’s done a ton of evil things just to slowly “try” to get back at Vader. This should have been an opportunity to continue showing Vader just straight up waxing people that aren’t ObiWan.

Stormtrooper aim has been a meme forever. To me the silliest thing is how slow vader looked in the duel. Lumbering but blocks everything. And not the part where he can just block everything with the force and a flick of his hand. The light saber duel.
I will need to watch it again. Was looking for evidence of him being slow in other fights and found the latter. It could be "ending of Matrix Neo" toying with agent Smith. Seems at this point, that Vader has zero competition and is looking for a good fight.

Believe this from Rogue One. Plenty fast here.
anigif_sub-buzz-3423-1651101908-57.gif

Because as Vader realizes he lost Kenobi, they have a flashback where Obi Won says that until Anakin learns patience or whatever, he will always be the padawan. So at this point Kenobi is still the master.
Ahhhh...great catch. I was locked in on a duel being that determining factor, not strategy (which is actually much better).

Reactions: DooBii
Slow that down by a factor of 10 and you have obi-wan darth.
Now that we have more story that precedes the ANH Vader Obi-Wan fight I think Vader was toying with Ben like he was with Reva and Ben wanted to die to always be with Luke (his purpose).

This is all leading to a Mace Windu ghost talk. Her dad guaranteed. Leading to the next Origin Story.
Mace Windu is likely still alive. There have been discussions about including him in a future series, although I don't think they are going anywhere. He will be in the "Tales of the Jedi" show they are making, although that's a cartoon so it won't have Samuel L. Jackson playing the role.

Mace Windu is likely still alive. There have been discussions about including him in a future series, although I don't think they are going anywhere. He will be in the "Tales of the Jedi" show they are making, although that's a cartoon so it won't have Samuel L. Jackson playing the role.
Its sort of getting ridiculous the way that no one important can die in Star Wars, no matter how badly wounded. Bacta tanks can heal basically any wound and are stationed on every street corner, just as long as you are an important character. Light saber to the gut? No problem. Body severed in half at the waist? Just a flesh wound. Unless we actually see the character draw its last breath on screen, we have to assume that they survived (unless of course they are a minor character).

Its sort of getting ridiculous the way that no one important can die in Star Wars, no matter how badly wounded. Bacta tanks can heal basically any wound and are stationed on every street corner, just as long as you are an important character. Light saber to the gut? No problem. Body severed in half at the waist? Just a flesh wound. Unless we actually see the character draw its last breath on screen, we have to assume that they survived (unless of course they are a minor character).
Speaking of getting cut in half, does Star Wars lore ever explain how Anakin went from getting whooped and cut in half by Obi-wan, so in theory he should have way less midi-chlorians swimming around, to becoming so powerful he can pull spaceships out of the sky and rip them apart, while Obi-wan became a giant pussy?

Your criticism isn't wrong, but the Force is powerful and in Mace Windu's case, there has always been speculation that it actually would have been more ridiculous for him to have died. It was already well established that a long fall isn't very difficult for a Jedi to get out of, Anakin already did it pretty easily, in the same movie if I remember correctly. Plus, it would have been very easy at that point for Mace to disappear in the underbelly of Corrusant.

Vader / Reva fight. Seems that Vader is using all of the tools he learned from Ben in the flashbacks. Not needing a lightsaber to fight. Taking her lightsaber when he loses his. She being too eager.. Also, it seems he did stab Reva when she was a youngling and she survived.

One thing that pissed me off way more than it should was watching Qui-Gon cutting through a blast door for like 10 minutes in Episode 1 vs what we saw last night with the Third Sister basically opening one up like a can of tuna.

So far, it's fun. Mostly because I like the Star Wars universe. If I'm being honest with myself and taking nostalgia out, pretty meh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT