ADVERTISEMENT

Oct. 24th start date?

Feb 25, 2008
Is it real this time?

8 game schedule. No clue on if that works for the CFP, but considering that the CFP will get pushed back anyway, it shouldn't matter, one would think, unless said committee wants to be real dicks to the Big Ten just for the hassle they caused.........

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I believe as long as the conference championship is played by Dec. 20 (B1G is tentatively scheduled for the 19th) the B1G is eligible for the CFP.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Happy to be playing but the Commissioner and Presidents botched this big time. Stick with the original plan and none of the past month's worth of turmoil happens and we have a lot more scheduling flexibility.

There needs to be some accountability. Heads need to roll over how badly this was botched. Warren needs to be gone, at a minimum.

Happy to be playing but the Commissioner and Presidents botched this big time. Stick with the original plan and none of the past month's worth of turmoil happens and we have a lot more scheduling flexibility.

There needs to be some accountability. Heads need to roll over how badly this was botched. Warren needs to be gone, at a minimum.

I agree

The previous schedule already factored in possible reschedule dates.... this looks like there's not possible way of rescheduling.... gonna be interesting if a team gets hit hard with positive tests

100% agree. They could have just started this weekend of 9/26 and had plenty of space for byes to get in a 9-10 game conference only season. There still needs to be answers as to why the decision to cancel in the first place was made. If it was based on bad information, okay, let's make sure not to get bad information in the future. If it was not based on that, then people need to be removed. Michigan's president is facing a no confidence vote from the Michigan Faculty Senate (don't know how much weight that carries).

The previous schedule already factored in possible reschedule dates.... this looks like there's not possible way of rescheduling.... gonna be interesting if a team gets hit hard with positive tests
The 5% positive shutdown seems very tight. I think it is probable that a few games get cancelled with that low of a number.
Also the 21 day quarantine seems excessive.

Read some of the fine details. Will be almost impossible for all of these teams to play an entire schedule. For example, if 5% of a team gets a positive test (approximately 5 players) the entire team has to shut down for a week, minimally. Also, if a player tests positive they have to sit out three weeks. That’s three games.

Dude. It is the University Presidents. And who do you think hired them and says whether they stay or go? You may as well be trying to drain the Mississippi with a coffee cup.

Makes no sense. There is no reason why games couldn’t begin on the 17th or even the 10th.

And as Idm53 stated, it is going to be almost impossible for all teams to play the entire schedule. This has been set up to fail. Unfortunately it will make the Big 10 look even more incompetent.

Re: the 5%, does this just apply to the 85 scholarship players or the full team of say 100 or 110 including walkons? Does that include any/all staff/coaches as well? If so to any of the above, that allows for higher numbers.

If just the 85, then either 4 or 5 players will force the team to suspend activities for 7 days.

Reactions: Ldgator
Re: the 5%, does this just apply to the 85 scholarship players or the full team of say 100 or 110 including walkons? Does that include any/all staff/coaches as well? If so to any of the above, that allows for higher numbers.

If just the 85, then either 4 or 5 players will force the team to suspend activities for 7 days.

When the release the numbers I notice they include all athletic staff and players so I am guessing that is what they use in this determination but not sure.

Makes no sense. There is no reason why games couldn’t begin on the 17th or even the 10th.

And as Idm53 stated, it is going to be almost impossible for all teams to play the entire schedule. This has been set up to fail. Unfortunately it will make the Big 10 look even more incompetent.
How on Earth would you know how long it will take teams to be ready to play? C'mon now

Reactions: David1979
Read some of the fine details. Will be almost impossible for all of these teams to play an entire schedule. For example, if 5% of a team gets a positive test (approximately 5 players) the entire team has to shut down for a week, minimally. Also, if a player tests positive they have to sit out three weeks. That’s three games.
Teams can isolate themselves pretty easily I would imagine. Well assuming they don't have in person classes......

Reactions: David1979
Teams can isolate themselves pretty easily I would imagine. Well assuming they don't have in person classes......
And even if you do, masks are required so you should be low risk in class. It is outside of class activities where players are getting it. That is why you saw the big spike after the season was cancelled because they said ****it let's party.

And even if you do, masks are required so you should be low risk in class. It is outside of class activities where players are getting it. That is why you saw the big spike after the season was cancelled because they said ****it let's party.

How do you know they get it outside of class? If so, then why are any classes virtual?

My God these guys are controlling, and are loving it. Forcing an athlete to stay out for 3 weeks out of an "abundance of caution...."

I don't think I've mentioned this, but, I hate when Warren opens his mouth. He's so full of himself.

If the team's positivity rate exceeds 5% or the population's positivity rate exceeds 7.5%, the team must pause practice and competition for at least seven days. If the team's positive rate is between 2% and 5% or the population's positivity rate is between 3.5% and 7.5%, the team "must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention."

My God these guys are controlling, and are loving it. Forcing an athlete to stay out for 3 weeks out of an "abundance of caution...."

I don't think I've mentioned this, but, I hate when Warren opens his mouth. He's so full of himself.
Dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT