ADVERTISEMENT

Odds that she's dead? (Now with non-Pepsi update)

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
missing-alabama-513.jpg

A manhunt is underway in Alabama after a man charged with murder and a sheriff’s deputy transporting him to court went missing on Friday morning.

Inmate Casey Cole White and Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office Assistant Director of Corrections Vicki White were last seen at about 9:30 a.m. when they left a detention center for a court appearance, the sheriff’s office said.

The two are not related, WVTM reported.

The vehicle used for the transport was found in a shopping center parking lot in Florence, officials said.

The sheriff’s office said it was not aware that the pair were missing until 3:30 p.m.

Investigators are reviewing surveillance footage to determine where they may have gone.

Casey White is charged with the murder of Connie Ridgeway at her Rogersville home in 2015, according to court documents obtained by WVTM.

• Sad
Reactions: NoFlexFromthe402
So, are male prisoners on trial for murder normally transported to court by only one female officer regularly in Alabama?

Hmm. Interesting. This is just me, but I'd have to believe I'd have no less than two officers absolutely no matter what and I almost would consider that 3 should be SOP.

Your sheriff's office is shorthanded today? BFD. He doesn't leave the cell until you have enough officers to do the job safely.

So, are male prisoners on trial for murder normally transported to court by only one female officer regularly in Alabama?

Hmm. Interesting. This is just me, but I'd have to believe I'd have no less than two officers absolutely no matter what and I almost would consider that 3 should be SOP.

Your sheriff's office is shorthanded today? BFD. He doesn't leave the cell until you have enough officers to do the job safely.

She's also the Assistant Director for the county sheriff's office of corrections.

Seems odd.

I am not an expert on the subject by any means, but sending a known brutal killer out with just one deputy, no matter their physical status, just seems ludicrous.

I would not want anyone I know to draw that type of assignment/duty. Nuts.

Other articles say the supposed appointments didn't exist and that standard procedures would require 2 officers to do any transport.

She either willingly assisted in the escape or was coerced into it but the event was clearly planned.

missing-alabama-513.jpg

A manhunt is underway in Alabama after a man charged with murder and a sheriff’s deputy transporting him to court went missing on Friday morning.

Inmate Casey Cole White and Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office Assistant Director of Corrections Vicki White were last seen at about 9:30 a.m. when they left a detention center for a court appearance, the sheriff’s office said.

The two are not related, WVTM reported.

The vehicle used for the transport was found in a shopping center parking lot in Florence, officials said.

The sheriff’s office said it was not aware that the pair were missing until 3:30 p.m.

Investigators are reviewing surveillance footage to determine where they may have gone.

Casey White is charged with the murder of Connie Ridgeway at her Rogersville home in 2015, according to court documents obtained by WVTM.

Looks like a Jim from the office

Odds Trad doesn't know how to use the search function?

Reactions: lucas80
Odds Trad doesn't know how to use the search function?

It was all there for him. Alabama. Their names. “Not related”, which should have popped up as being unusual for Alabama, and therefore already discussed. Prisoner.

Ended as expected.

There was a massive manhunt over the last few weeks and the break in the case came last Tuesday when someone spotted Casey White at an Evansville carwash.

WTF???

Were they afraid a dirty car would give them away?

Reactions: seminoleed
Figured they would stay in SEC country where their Bama accents would not betray them....but Indiana is pretty southern also.

ADVERTISEMENT