ADVERTISEMENT

OFF stats

hawkisoaker

HR MVP
Aug 5, 2011
I hate to break to you small minded, in the box, morons that should have your bags split.

All these stats are a bunch of BS anyways outside of comparing those within a conference. If we played the weak ass schedule that the likes of the Ragin Cajuns play, along with probably the other 75 or so teams at the bottom, our stats would be miles ahead. Likewise theirs would be miles worse if they played against BIG defenses.

So before you go blow another arterial gasket, understand how dumb it is to be concerned about our ranking of OFF stats when the bottom 75 would suffer greatly if they played our schule or vice versa. Not to mention the ranking if we average 10 more yards a game, whiopty fking doo.

trains-planes-and-automobiles-john-candy.gif

I hate to break to you small minded, in the box, morons that should have your bags split.

All these stats are a bunch of BS anyways outside of comparing those within a conference. If we played the weak ass schedule that the likes of the Ragin Cajuns play, along with probably the other 75 or so teams at the bottom, our stats would be miles ahead. Likewise theirs would be miles worse if they played against BIG defenses.

So before you go blow another arterial gasket, understand how dumb it is to be concerned about our ranking of OFF stats when the bottom 75 would suffer greatly if they played our schule or vice versa. Not to mention the ranking if we average 10 more yards a game, whiopty fking doo.
blackleaf stop.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

Get out of here with your garbage. Go back to your board and leave the Hawkeye discussion to Hawkeye fans.

You are a pathetic person for wasting so much of your time trolling our fan base.

Ok, filter on where we rank among B1G teams if that makes you feel better.

This would maybe make sense if we didn't have less offensive production than any other teams that these teams played. For example against Minnesota: IA offensive yds 127, EMU(Eastern Michigan 152, UL(Louisiana Lafayette 349 yds. That is one team in the Big 10 that we have played I would have to believe that if you went down the list of teams we have played that we have gained fewer yards than against them than any team they have played.

Reactions: nelly02

I come across your absurd posts....and I just think about how ashamed you must feel. Truly embarrassed for you.

If the Hawks had even an average P5 Offense, this team would be either 8-0 or 7-1, ranked in the top 10, have a very high likelihood of finishing the regular season with 4 more wins, and would have a realistic chance at beating Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State on a neutral field.

As FANS....we should expect to have, at the least, an average offense.

Go ahead, Dummy....I'll wait for your silly and ignorant reply.

You know that those lower teams stats begin dramatically improving when they play their peers in conference play vs getting their meager program funding to be brought in and crushed in warm up games by P5 teams. Iowa plays their peers and gets crushed offensively and fall further behind literally every team in the national stats. So your solution to all the problems is what, just join a loser conference?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Dumb*ss.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
When you post things like this it becomes apparent that you don't understand how metrics are put together. If it was only raw statistics that people had to compare offenses and defenses, irrespective of other elements of the games such as the relative level of competition, you might have a point, although at some point, when you're worst in the country that point means nothing. However, there are metrics that consider strength of opponents. SP+ and FEI both utilize advanced metrics to consider factors including strength of opponents.

Iowa is ranked around 120 out of 130 by these metrics when these things are considered. That's a shitty offense, no matter how you try to explain it away.

This is what happens when Hillbillies interbreed generation after generation after generation after generation. They still think they are "smart". 🤣

Reactions: RothMatt and 83Hawk

12 yards in the 2nd half

When you post things like this it becomes apparent that you don't understand how metrics are put together. If it was only raw statistics that people had to compare offenses and defenses, irrespective of other elements of the games such as the relative level of competition, you might have a point, although at some point, when you're worst in the country that point means nothing. However, there are metrics that consider strength of opponents. SP+ and FEI both utilize advanced metrics to consider factors including strength of opponents.

Iowa is ranked around 120 out of 130 by these metrics when these things are considered. That's a shitty offense, no matter how you try to explain it away.
Yeah, we did Ok against Western Michigan but against teams as good as Utah St or South Dakota St and above we struggle mightily. I think if we could switch offenses with anyone from the middle of the Mountain West up through any P5 program, that would have been more than enough for us to beat Minnesota last Saturday and feel a lot better about our odds of winning the next 4 games.

dumb and dumber thread GIF

Okay, I get it now. You’ve been trolling this whole time. Have to admit, you had a good act going for a while.

You’re getting over the top now, though. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT