ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Coordinator/ QB Coach Money$

... Also the analysts are new to KF. First bringing in Budmayr and now an o line analyst. ...
Looks like i've been sleeping at the wheel coz i don't recall seeing anything about a new o-line guy. Is there a thread discussing details? TIA

Looks like i've been sleeping at the wheel coz i don't recall seeing anything about a new o-line guy. Is there a thread discussing details? TIA
I don't know if there is a thread and i don't remember the name but kf hired an offensive line analyst with a similar contract to Budmayr's when he came on as an analyst. I know it's true but am way to lazy to look for it right now. I'm busy watching tv before work, lol

I remember a couple months ago there was a discussion about it. I believe the contract was for 1 year, I'm actually sure about that, and had similar pay scale to Budmayr's. As far as how much help an analyst can be is a question I've been asking myself for awhile. Besides having a former grad assistant that has been helping with the offense and spending more time just on oline play it can't hurt. I can look up the name in a bit but he's been with the staff for about 7 years. I do expect more from our offensive line coach. He's got a lot of experience and even oc experience. Maybe we go with a little less zone blocking and a bit more man up. More quick pitches and misdirection running plays.

Reactions: cmhawks99
You’re pinning a lot of hope on a guy that was already around last year, fired as an OC at Colorado St, and produced modest passing game results at Wisconsin.
I am. I think he was not given a real opportunity at Colorado state and also thought his modest results were pretty good with what he was working with at wiscy. I really do have a lot of faith in Budmayr's qb coaching and offensive instincts. I also think bf has a good offensive mind but struggles with getting the offense into a flow. Just not oc instincts to me but his ability to break down a play is rather impressive but his ability to call a game as oc is just the opposite. Maybe, just maybe the 2 are like 2 different chemicals that combined together has a positive reaction . I am also making assumptions on things that have no proof of until next season. I just hope I'm right about this.

I am. I think he was not given a real opportunity at Colorado state and also thought his modest results were pretty good with what he was working with at wiscy. I really do have a lot of faith in Budmayr's qb coaching and offensive instincts. I also think bf has a good offensive mind but struggles with getting the offense into a flow. Just not oc instincts to me but his ability to break down a play is rather impressive but his ability to call a game as oc is just the opposite. Maybe, just maybe the 2 are like 2 different chemicals that combined together has a positive reaction . I am also making assumptions on things that have no proof of until next season. I just hope I'm right about this.
It is eerily similar to what we were told prior to last season when they brought him in initially.
Less zone, more gap blocking, simplify the reads, downfield passing, etc. followed by OL making strides, walk ons turning heads in camp…… my Dad used to say ‘it’s not what you say you’re going to do, it’s what you do”
We shall see, can only go down one spot so…..

It is eerily similar to what we were told prior to last season when they brought him in initially.
Less zone, more gap blocking, simplify the reads, downfield passing, etc. followed by OL making strides, walk ons turning heads in camp…… my Dad used to say ‘it’s not what you say you’re going to do, it’s what you do”
Very true. My hope lies more with the plan of opening up the offense in general. The being aggressive and striving towards a much improved offense as opposed to just getting by with what we had. I am one of those that thinks Labas would/should have been QB1 last season also. He showed some talent during the bowl against a solid defensive unit. Made some throws that AP couldn't and had so much more mobility that SP. I rarely believe that kind of thing but this time I'm with those second guessing the qb choice.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
Very true. My hope lies more with the plan of opening up the offense in general. The being aggressive and striving towards a much improved offense as opposed to just getting by with what we had. I am one of those that thinks Labas would/should have been QB1 last season also. He showed some talent during the bowl against a solid defensive unit. Made some throws that AP couldn't and had so much more mobility that SP. I rarely believe that kind of thing but this time I'm with those second guessing the qb choice.
The ‘aggressive and striving’ is once again what we have been told in the past. The proof is in the pudding. Hopefully my skepticism is unwarranted and they actually do what they say rather than just say what we want to hear

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
The ‘aggressive and striving’ is once again what we have been told in the past. The proof is in the pudding. Hopefully my skepticism is unwarranted and they actually do what they say rather than just say what we want to hear
Then we are thinking the exact same thing. I've watched a lot of tape of Anderson and seen All and McNamara play so I'm confident in their abilities. I honestly think we need to pick up another o lineman but think the season comes down to the o line. I'm trying to be optimistic for next season but have my moments of doubt.

One thing that interests me is if we see more tempo offense where we aren't trying to eat every last second of clock on every play. That would be un-Kirk like.

Do we know for sure they didn’t do that? But our line play and QB play was so bad we couldn’t tell?

Honestly our Wrs, Oline and Qb in conjunction was as poor as it has ever been and all at the same time to boot…

It’s honestly remarkable we won 8 games!

Reactions: Bishop1971
Do we know for sure they didn’t do that? But our line play and QB play was so bad we couldn’t tell?

Honestly our Wrs, Oline and Qb in conjunction was as poor as it has ever been and all at the same time to boot…

Good coaching to overcome those issues.

I would like to think those issues slowed the changes but the rhetoric was based upon the OL and their improvement, simplified the offense for the QB, WR's that were shining in practice, either the practices weren't a good reflection of the skill sets or it was fools gold.

Either way it certainly can't go backwards.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Good coaching to overcome those issues.

I would like to think those issues slowed the changes but the rhetoric was based upon the OL and their improvement, simplified the offense for the QB, WR's that were shining in practice, either the practices weren't a good reflection of the skill sets or it was fools gold.

Either way it certainly can't go backwards.

Well you’d hope, right?

One thing that interests me is if we see more tempo offense where we aren't trying to eat every last second of clock on every play. That would be un-Kirk like.
I think we'll see it on occasion. It's a great way to take advantage of a defense and nothing should be off the table offensively this year

This is why i think we challenge for a title this season. We might not be deep in the wr room that we know of but with Anderson's play making ability and the role Nico plays we are sitting better at wr than i think people realize. Also of course our QB1 is a big upgrade. We are making strides with the line and that is going to be as important as any group on the team this spring and summer. Our 2 additions are good in my estimation but I'm not an oline guy. I see some stuff but there are some posters with oline knowledge i just don't have.

Right now paying Brian Ferentz ~$900,000 and Budmayr as a helper for QBs $325,000.

They are almost paying $1.3 million for OC and QB which would be a top 5 paid OC in the entire country.

I've never been a fire KF guy but is he really trying the very best he can to make the best team he can? It seems like probably not if we could pay to bring in a Top 5 OC but he prefers to spend the same money to have one of the worst offenses in the country. Just mind boggling.

Sorry for another OC thread but it is infuriating knowing we could pluck out a Top OC with that money instead stuck with 7-25 Brian.
Safe to say that was $1.2 MM that was not well spent....I am done with Budmayr as well. I could care less if he brought in Cade.... (who I do still like)

ADVERTISEMENT