ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Coordinator/QB Transfer

Daddy won't let that happen

Listen, I apologize, and I know this is going to come off like a dickhead, but what you’re telling me is daddy would let him walk rather than move him to another position and pay him less… Now let’s let that thinking sink in for a minute?!

That’s what you’re going with here, right?

And there have been a lot of daddies, and mamas and uncles and cousins over the years, into the millions to billions and it has worked out pretty good for a lot of them so honestly…

And some it didn’t, for example, I worked for my dad a number of times he fired me about 30 times… And in hindsight it effing sucked, but you guys & your “daddy” bullshit man is it tiresome!

I mean, it’s just not indicative of how things work in the real world, in the real world, dad’s hirer family quite a bit!

We could do it like Jackie Moon in Semi-Pro. Woody Harrelson is the offensive and defensive coach and calls all plays and Will Ferrell is still the Head Coach and head promoter!
And then someone trades us a washing machine for Brian Ferentz?

Listen, I apologize, and I know this is going to come off like a dickhead, but what you’re telling me is daddy would let him walk rather than move him to another position and pay him less… Now let’s let that thinking sink in for a minute?!

That’s what you’re going with here, right?

And there have been a lot of daddies, and mamas and uncles and cousins over the years, into the millions to billions and it has worked out pretty good for a lot of them so honestly…

And some it didn’t, for example, I worked for my dad a number of times he fired me about 30 times… And in hindsight it effing sucked, but you guys & your “daddy” bullshit man is it tiresome!

I mean, it’s just not indicative of how things work in the real world, in the real world, dad’s hirer family quite a bit!
Bf make 900,000 a year. If he went to the pro's he would make somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000.

Bf make 900,000 a year. If he went to the pro's he would make somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000.

…..According to Yahoo Finance, assistant coaches working in the National Football League (NFL) are typically paid an average of $400,000 per season, as of February 2, 2020. Salary for assistant coaches in the NFL have increased dramatically just in the past few years. In 2017, the average salary per season for NFL assistant coaches was between $150,000 and 175,000…..

I’m pretty sure we had a running back coach who left a few years ago that was making 150Ish and he left for the NFL to get more…

So no that doesn’t jive at all…

Reactions: owenhawk
I doubt BF gets fired. Barta doesn't have the stones. Best case scenario for Iowa is BF reads the room, and maybe takes an NFL Position coach position, but that won't happen until closer to January, which is problematic for attracting one of these transfer QB's.
Everyone keeps saying this, but, with his "results" at Iowa, what NFL team takes him?

your “daddy” bullshit man is it tiresome!

It’s OK when your daddy owns the company. Brian’s daddy doesn’t own the company. Also, if daddy is going to take the liberty of hiring, his son, then he better be prepared to fire him when it’s time… Much like your daddy did.

Reactions: obfuscating
It’s OK when your daddy owns the company. Brian’s daddy doesn’t own the company. Also, if daddy is going to take the liberty of hiring, his son, then he better be prepared to fire him when it’s time… Much like your daddy did.

That I can agree with, however who says my dad fired with cause. He was quite frankly an asshole at that time in his life, he is also dead and I miss him dearly, but it’s not a one way street. In all honesty maybe KF has done Brian wrong?!

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
They aren’t moving fast, it’s a hallucination. We’ve been told by the loudmouths all year, hell for a couple years that Kirk is a dinosaur and is too loyal and doesn’t change anything….

I’m gonna tell you when they brought in McNamara I hadn’t been on the board for quite some time. I was shocked when my buddy reached out to me… I had let those fans even turn me negative!
Kirk has to have someone coming into the program, for McNamara to make this move. That noted, making the move now, this soon, is a huge jump on the gun. This is eyeballs looking from all over the country. They can recruit out of the gate. Love it!

Reactions: cmhawks99
Barta won't fire BF and KF won't make any real changes. I suspect they will sit on things after the bowl game then come out with some bs about bringing in a consultant or sending BF to spend time with one of KF's NFL buddies to learn about the forward pass and other exotics. The result will be the same because this is the offense KF wants to run and no OC is going to transform it while KF is the coach.

QB play has been poor but hasn't been the root cause of the abysmal offense. Iowa's o-line is undersized and gets handled by mediocre teams so establishing a run game is more of a fantasy than a strategy. For as average as Petras is, put him behind a better line with more than one viable pass catcher and we aren't in the situation we are in. It's hard to say what he could have done had there been better pieces around him (particularly in front of him).

As far as ticket sales, McNamara transferring will more than offset any fan frustration over this season and probably drive an increase.

Can’t wait to hear what Kirk has to say, if anything, about staff changes.

It seems unreal both Brian and Barnett would remain but as you’ve said just above we got Cade, so, all is forgotten about those coaches being terrible at their job(s). 🤷🏼‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT