ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive facemask

When was the last time you saw an offensive player get called for a facemask penalty? This is especially true with running backs, but wide receivers do it too. And sometimes it is obvious when trying to stiff-arm against a defensive player.

this has been a pet peeve of mine for years. a defensive player can barely GRAZE the facemask of a runner/receiver and it's a personal foul, but the runner/receiver can practically yank the helmet off someone trying to tackle them and it's ignored.

the conspiracy theorist would say fans pay to see points and yards. A strict application of the rules gets in the way of video-game-like output

It should be called a hell of a lot more often I know that.

Clinton Solomon had an interesting offensive facemask in the 2006 outback bowl.

It seems it is mostly called on offensive lineman "hands to the face" penalty nowadays.
Someone please post the Gif of Solomon's offensive "facemask"

#Greenwaywasn'toffsides

this has been a pet peeve of mine for years. a defensive player can barely GRAZE the facemask of a runner/receiver and it's a personal foul, but the runner/receiver can practically yank the helmet off someone trying to tackle them and it's ignored.

It happened in our bowl game against Mississippi St. if I remember correctly. Dude had a good run and got called for it.

It happened in our bowl game against Mississippi St. if I remember correctly. Dude had a good run and got called for it.
Yes! I was trying to think back where I'd seen this. Not sure where in the game but either OJ or Stone got stiff armed up under their helmet right near the Iowa sideline...immediate flag!

Reactions: hexumhawk
One rule change I'd LOVE to see is the "one knee down" and the play is over reversed. If a WR catches a ball with nobody around and slips, trips, etc...play over! If a player dives and catches and nobody is around...play over! I understand the safety concern but have never liked this call, just do what the NFL does!

Reactions: pink shizzle
Oh hi......thanks for joining my years old discussion about offensive face mask penalties fellas.

You're welcome, by the way...... :)

RU thinking of suing me? I would claim, "I don't remember. I'm being serious. I really had no idea." excuse. :rolleyes:
Lol good heavens no, I'm not gonna sue you............

1E01.gif

Reactions: pink shizzle
ADVERTISEMENT