ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
With the 2021 class about wrapped up, I thought it’d be a great idea to get this thread off and rolling.

Prospects committed
DE-Aaron Graves. 4 star and top 100 player.
DE-Caden Crawford. 3 star out of Kansas.
OT-Jack Dotzler. 3 star out of Wisconsin
WR: Jacob Bostick. 3 star from Illinois
TE: Addison Ostrenga. 0 star from Wisconsin
OT: Kale Krogh. 3 star from Iowa
LB: Jayden Montgomery. 2 star from Wisconsin
QB: Carson May. 3 star from Oklahoma

Targets
RB: Jaziun Patterson
DL: Brian Allen
OL: Carson Hinzman
DE: Chase Carter
S: Xavier Nwankpa

Prospects
DB: Jahsiah Galvan
DB: Keith Moko
DL: Ben Reiland
DL: Cam Done
DL: Kevin Frazier
DL: Dominic Wiseman
RB: Eli Gillman
WR: PJ Caldwell
DB: Ernest Blackshire
ATH: Tynan Numkena
LB: Barrett Baker
DB: Khary Shaw
DL: Kyson Van Vugt
DB: Kameron Lewis
LB: Ebon Person
DB: Bilhal Kone

Last edited:
A couple of big pieces to go for '21...c'mon Myslinski...and I hope we offer Patrick Smith the rb out of NJ.

Iowa's in good shape with Deyo, Raridon, Herzog, Crawford and Miller. They love Bonnema but it'll be a nail biter with MSU and I worry about a last minute Michigan offer. Who knows with Riley. I don't think they're high on Dailey and could be all in on Allar. I get the vibe they are not thrilled with McLaughlin's junior year and they are behind with Imming. If they land Bonnema my bet is they shut down lber recruiting...stacked with young backers. That Sharar kid is a hidden gem.

Graves is a freakn' monster and I think a de.

A couple of big pieces to go for '21...c'mon Myslinski...and I hope we offer Patrick Smith the rb out of NJ.

Iowa's in good shape with Deyo, Raridon, Herzog, Crawford and Miller. They love Bonnema but it'll be a nail biter with MSU and I worry about a last minute Michigan offer. Who knows with Riley. I don't think they're high on Dailey and could be all in on Allar. I get the vibe they are not thrilled with McLaughlin's junior year and they are behind with Imming. If they land Bonnema my bet is they shut down lber recruiting...stacked with young backers. That Sharar kid is a hidden gem.

I think Graves is going to be the next great Iowa edge rusher. Think Matt Roth. Tag would be a huge win. Love that kids tape. I have Dailey on there because he’s a highly touted instate QB prospect which you don’t normally see here in Iowa. Deyo is my favorite prospect in this class. Great frame, quick off the line, and violent hands. Really impressive looking prospect.

Things will change a lot because they will actually get to have camps this year and campus visits at some point. I think Iowa will own the state again and I know ISU loves their chances with Imming and Raridon but I would still give Iowa the edge.

Things will change a lot because they will actually get to have camps this year and campus visits at some point. I think Iowa will own the state again and I know ISU loves their chances with Imming and Raridon but I would still give Iowa the edge.
I’m a bit worried about Imming. He didn’t really grow up a fan of either team and the experts think he’s a clown lean. I have heard that he really does like Kirk and Wallace.

I’m a bit worried about Imming. He didn’t really grow up a fan of either team and the experts think he’s a clown lean. I have heard that he really does like Kirk and Wallace.
Where did you hear he doesn't like Kirk and Wallace? That sounds like something straight from an ISU fan.

I think Graves is going to be the next great Iowa edge rusher. Think Matt Roth. Tag would be a huge win. Love that kids tape. I have Dailey on there because he’s a highly touted instate QB prospect which you don’t normally see here in Iowa. Deyo is my favorite prospect in this class. Great frame, quick off the line, and violent hands. Really impressive looking prospect.

I wonder when or if Iowa will offer Dailey? Also wonder if there are any other in state kids they might end up offering? Maybe Burkle?

This list is missing a very key prospect for us.

CB - Jahsiah Galvin of West Liberty

Recently got a Nebraska offer. He'll end up with a mid to higher 3 star grade.

If/when Iowa offers, he's a strong lean to Iowa.

I think we will know more about this list in the next few months when you start seeing more offers going out, we see who they are prioritizing, and maybe schedules for visits after the dead period lifts.

Right, I'm good with you having him on there. Pure speculation on my part.

Football is won and lost in the trenches. Iowa has put together a few consecutive classes of high quality OL and DL. Arguably the most younger talent we'll have on the roster for those two units in KF's coaching tenure.

Pair that with the improved skill position recruiting (Gavin Williams, Keegan Johnson, Brody Brecht and Arland Bruce) and the future is very bright.

Football is won and lost in the trenches. Iowa has put together a few consecutive classes of high quality OL and DL. Arguably the most younger talent we'll have on the roster for those two units in KF's coaching tenure.

Pair that with the improved skill position recruiting (Gavin Williams, Keegan Johnson, Brody Brecht and Arland Bruce) and the future is very bright.
I don’t think this class will be as focused on the trenches as the last 2 have been. KF and Co. have brought in a large amount of talent along the lines in 2020 and 2021. I think this class needs to be especially focused on the secondary. We’ve lost a lot of depth there.

Last edited:
I think Graves will end up on the OL

Dominic Wiseman appears to have a similar style of game to Nixon. Very quick and powerful off the line but also able to slow up and use the blocker as leverage. He is a better shorter than Nixon and he also looks a bit quicker. Please Kirk, don’t let this kid go. He is a diamond.

Sharar is going to be so goddamn good. I haven’t watched a film like that in my lifetime. Not insanely athletic but absolutely fearless and trust himself at a young age - Campbell like

ADVERTISEMENT