ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

2023 Three Star OLman

FSZbE9HXsAIM6Wi
Reshaped himself from 352 originally to 295 now. That's impressive, and tells you he's got the work ethic to be great.

Guard all the way and judging from His article and history if His offer is committable June 24th I would be shocked if He leaves Town not a Hawkeye. Nasty on tape, kind of reminds Me of Stephens . Worked hard to cut the weight the Coaches didn't like and only camped at Iowa , wants to play in zone scheme multiple time visitor and Iowa has stuck with Him. I like this offer and the work the Kid did to earn it.
Well said

Guard all the way and judging from His article and history if His offer is committable June 24th I would be shocked if He leaves Town not a Hawkeye. Nasty on tape, kind of reminds Me of Stephens . Worked hard to cut the weight the Coaches didn't like and only camped at Iowa , wants to play in zone scheme multiple time visitor and Iowa has stuck with Him. I like this offer and the work the Kid did to earn it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he commits here soon.

My guess is this is to put pressure on the other guys. You already have Nestor committed, so only one spot open at safety, unless they decide to take a hybrid. It'll be interesting to see what happens here.
Iowa doesnt offer unless they will accept the commit on the spot unless they have changed the MO, i suspect they were ready to accept a verbal and possibly they know someone above this offer on the board was going elsewhere . Iowa sticks to their Board .

Reactions: David1979
Iowa doesnt offer unless they will accept the commit on the spot unless they have changed the MO, i suspect they were ready to accept a verbal and possibly they know someone above this offer on the board was going elsewhere . Iowa sticks to their Board .
Typically the Iowa coaches want a guy to have visited before committing. But, apart from that ... yeah ... offers are otherwise "commitable."

I think that too, but it also puts more pressure on Patton, Tate, and Demery. I think they’d take him if he wants to commit, he’s a very good athlete.
I think Tate can play multiple positions so I don’t know about putting pressure on him. Is Demery really much of an option?
Patton is an interesting one because some think he could be trying to get offers at WR.

Good story from Rivals on the 2023 Class.

some excerpts:

I find the potential of Iowa's class to be the most intriguing of programs currently not ranked in the Big Ten's top four. The Hawkeyes currently have seven commits with one of them being a four-star in quarterback Marco Lainez. The other six commits are currently three-star players with three of them having a Rivals Ranking of 5.7 which is borderline four-star territory.

Iowa is known as a developmental program more so than a team loaded with five-star recruits, but that also seems to be changing as the Hawkeyes landed five-star safety Xavier Nwankpa in the 2022 class. Nwankpa also happens to have a former high school teammate in five-star offensive lineman Kadyn Proctor who could very likely end up at Iowa as well. Should Iowa land Proctor and squeeze in a couple more four-star players, this could be one of its better recruiting classes in recent history.

The Full Story:

Looks like Gant isn’t waiting till end of June to commit and going with NW.
I predicted Gant to NW when I saw the June 29 announcement date and no Iowa official. They also got the center Senda from Michigan we were after. Really like Jones at center so it is all good. We are after a lot of good DL, so next man in.

I predicted Gant to NW when I saw the June 29 announcement date and no Iowa official. They also got the center Senda from Michigan we were after. Really like Jones at center so it is all good. We are after a lot of good DL, so next man in.
Yeah with way Iowa has recruited DL as of late not as worrisome. Still would've love to have him. Dochterman described him a lot like Daviyon Nixon.

Yeah figured Gant has been gone for awhile but like who they have coming in on 6/24 and think they will get a couple more DL to visit as well.

starting to get the feeling Proctor is slipping away.

I don't know if any of them have set a date, but man, by end of June wouldn't it be nice to have Terek, Hall, Blair and Tibbs committed? Kinda feel like they are all close and also really realistic gets.

Anyone else you think is close?

Well, weird then that Bama is getting a visit on June 24th instead of him coming to Iowa when that is Iowa's big weekend.
I think he's going to Oregon on the 24th unless things have changed. Regardless, I'm fully agreeing with you on this. Anytime Bama is in on a O-lineman Iowa is after, it's not comforting.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT