ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

He is tight with Kasper?
Not that I know of. He went on a visit there recently and came back speaking highly of them. They made an impression, and made up some ground on Iowa. We're still in the lead, just not by as much. Before that visit he was a near lock.

I still think he's likely to Iowa, but we're just gonna have to work a little harder now.

Multiple articles and insiders have reported it. It’s pretty well known to this point in all honesty.
Scheduling official visits to the following, I don't think anyone has any insider information about where he is going. With the current NIL all of those spots are contenders.
Alabama: June 10th
Penn State: June 17th
Oregon: June 24th

We will never know
This is why people are reluctant to post tidbits. They just get questioned. Again, Frosty is not wrong about Oregon being the leader right now. I'll just sit back and watch all of the speculation from here on out.

Oregon does have a track record with any position really, they have NIKE so $$$... NIL sucks.
Oregon hasn't landed that many O-linemen to the NFL. They're certainly not considered premier developers of OL talent.

But you're right ... Nike money will always make Oregon attractive.

Last edited:
Any word on Logan Howland? He is Mario's teammate. I looked at the pic of the 2 of them from another thread started last year, and wow. I saw he was a little taller than Mario, but forgot Mario is taller too. But he looked like the build of a muscular wide receiver. Not an ounce of fat anywhere. But he weighed 280 back then!!!! He isn't rated real high by Rivals, but that isn't unusual for the Hawks.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Any word on Logan Howland? He is Mario's teammate. I looked at the pic of the 2 of them from another thread started last year, and wow. I saw he was a little taller than Mario, but forgot Mario is taller too. But he looked like the build of a muscular wide receiver. Not an ounce of fat anywhere. But he weighed 280 back then!!!! He isn't rated real high by Rivals, but that isn't unusual for the Hawks.
He is visiting on June 24th. His two other official visits are Miami and Vanderbilt. The fact that Marco is recruiting him here and Iowa's OL tradition, you would have to think Iowa is the favorite at this point.

Edit: Just read that Michigan and PSU recently offered and are trying to get him in on official visits.

Last edited:
Wonder when they will get TE recruit or two locked in for an OV? Like both Ortwerth and Burhenn.

Oregon hasn't landed that many O-linemen to the NFL. They're certainly not considered premier developers of OL talent.

But you're right ... Nike money will always make Oregon attractive.
6 Oregon OL currently in the NFL, not as many as Iowa’s 11, but still a decent number. 2nd round average for Oregon and 1.72 for Iowa.

Looks like they are setting up another visit weekend for June 10th. So far have Nolan Ray (RB) and Kade McIntyre (Ath) for that date.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
6 Oregon OL currently in the NFL, not as many as Iowa’s 11, but still a decent number. 2nd round average for Oregon and 1.72 for Iowa.
Could you link that data? The following is where I found info:

Most of what I found about Oregon's current OL guys in the NFL is that the majority of those listed were developed when Cristobal was the coach. Cristobal was a former O-lineman ... and, not unlike our own Kirk ... is a guy who values (and develops) OL play. Your values then get reflected in the development of your players.

Anyhow, Cristobal is gone from Oregon ... finding greener pastures at Miami? (yeah, I know, like Patty Fitz ... it's probably his dream job)

Point being ... I'm not expecting Oregon to be developing O-linemen like they were under Cristobal.

What I do know is this ... Oregon has Nike money and their OL coach is known as being an exceptional recruiter (upon looking up the latter fact). What Iowa offers is a program whose head coach is known as an OL guru ... our OC is our former OL-coach ... Coach Morgan still lingers around the program (another influencing former OL coach) ... and Coach Barnett is an OL coach with a pretty decent resume of his own. The point being ... Iowa's track record of developing NFL-quality O-linemen is based on people who've been in the program and continue to be in the program (and also a reflection of the values of the program).

Reactions: biggreydogs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT