ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

June 24th keeps piling them up. Probably missing someone, but the list so far is below. Some potential huge scores to be had from that group.

Gilbert, Lauck, Patton, Raphael, Brackney, Tate, Mota, Black, Jones, Merrieweather, Newsom, Nestor, Tibbs, Howland, Hall, Allen, Burhenn, and Mascoe.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Has anyone heard anything from the pair of KC kids Adebawore and Hill? I'm assuming it's probably an uphill battle for the two.

Reactions: David1979
Has anyone heard anything from the pair of KC kids Adebawore and Hill? I'm assuming it's probably an uphill battle for the two.

Just getting an official would be huge. I especially like Adebawore. That kid seems like he could be a beast on the edge.

Reactions: squeezebox
Dream OL haul for this class (and surprisingly realistic):

LT Proctor (Duh): Offers from everybody, the best OL in the country
LG Lauck: Offers from most of the B1G
C Jones: Shut things down early but very well-rated
RG Terek: Iowa offered and he exploded afterwards, with offers from Michigan and Wisconsin, among others
RT Howland: Will almost certainly be a 4-star eventually with his offer sheet.

Iowa either leads or sits very well with each of these guys, and this OL haul would be one of the best in school history from a recruiting standpoint.

Dream OL haul for this class (and surprisingly realistic):

LT Proctor (Duh): Offers from everybody, the best OL in the country
LG Lauck: Offers from most of the B1G
C Jones: Shut things down early but very well-rated
RG Terek: Iowa offered and he exploded afterwards, with offers from Michigan and Wisconsin, among others
RT Howland: Will almost certainly be a 4-star eventually with his offer sheet.

Iowa either leads or sits very well with each of these guys, and this OL haul would be one of the best in school history from a recruiting standpoint.
Smallest dude out of all them is Jones, who is 6’4 270 right now. And he projects to Center. Here are the rest:

Proctor: 6’8 330
Terek: 6’6 305
Howland 6’7 280
Lauck 6’6 280

That’s a bunch of large humans we could see playing on the line for us.

Howland is intriguing. Had played TE through his JR year. This will be his first year at tackle. He has a lot of offers.

Reactions: iowaflash
That list would be amazing but don't forget Joe Otting. Looks like a Iowa -ND battle. He probably has the best lateral agility and total athleticism of them all.

That list would be amazing but don't forget Joe Otting. Looks like a Iowa -ND battle. He probably has the best lateral agility and total athleticism of them all.
It’s just tough to see where he fits. I wouldn’t take him over Terek, and I don’t believe he’s better than Lauck. He’s really good, but I just don’t know where he fits.

It’s just tough to see where he fits. I wouldn’t take him over Terek, and I don’t believe he’s better than Lauck. He’s really good, but I just don’t know where he fits.
He fits because i see no way Iowa lands the 4 Guys You listed, Be happy to get 2 of the 4 , in against some Big time programs for all of em and some who will give up that $$$$$$$$$$ . Jones, I really hope Proctor and 1 of Otting, Howland , Lauck , Terek would be doing excellent work.

Reactions: shudaddy and cm8124

Otting would be a 2-3 year starter. Assuming a lot I know but I'm really high on him.

He fits because i see no way Iowa lands the 4 Guys You listed, Be happy to get 2 of the 4 , in against some Big time programs for all of em and some who will give up that $$$$$$$$$$ . Jones, I really hope Proctor and 1 of Otting, Howland , Lauck , Terek would be doing excellent work.
How do you see no way we get them? Iowa leads or is one of the top schools for all those guys.

How do you see no way we get them? Iowa leads or is one of the top schools for all those guys.
I am not sold we land all of them is my point, I would be very happy with Proctor , Jones and 1 of the others which in itself would be a good haul , Proctor is the key for Me in this OL class and 2nd was Center, I like Jones , Good tape and seems like a great attitude .

Reactions: iowaflash
I am not sold we land all of them is my point, I would be very happy with Proctor , Jones and 1 of the others which in itself would be a good haul , Proctor is the key for Me in this OL class and 2nd was Center, I like Jones , Good tape and seems like a great attitude .

Even with Proctor and one other out of that group I will be somewhat disappointed. Last year was a small class we need more than three this year.

Even with Proctor and one other out of that group I will be somewhat disappointed. Last year was a small class we need more than three this year.
Hopefully Iowa doesn't shit the bed, and that October 1st matchup with Michigan will be similar to the Penn State matchup last year. That could be an absolute massive recruiting weekend for Iowa.

I think Iowa is shooting for 4 OL maybe 5 if the right Guys want to come in. i just think 3 from the Known priority targets is most likely but I am always a bit conservative on My predictions which are usually way off lol

Reactions: millhawk
Saw there is a pick for Kendrick Raphael to NC State on 247 from their insider. Wonder if he makes it to the Iowa visit?

Reactions: squeezebox
Saw there is a pick for Kendrick Raphael to NC State on 247 from their insider. Wonder if he makes it to the Iowa visit?
Pretty similar to Tate up above, I'll be worried if one of the national prognosticators signals differently. Ladell Betts though is absolutely crushing it for Iowa with the RB recruiting.

Reactions: bowlhawk
Pretty similar to Tate up above, I'll be worried if one of the national prognosticators signals differently. Ladell Betts though is absolutely crushing it for Iowa with the RB recruiting.
The NC State guy has high confidence though. Maybe he is got info he already committed? Who knows.
Yeah he did good last year. Every year though is a new challenge.

The NC State guy has high confidence though. Maybe he is got info he already committed? Who knows.
Yeah he did good last year. Every year though is a new challenge.
IMO it's one prediction from a guy with 88% success rate, which is pretty low. You could be right, but getting back into florida is huge

IMO it's one prediction from a guy with 88% success rate, which is pretty low. You could be right, but getting back into florida is huge
He is only gotten one prediction wrong in the past two years and the one that was wrong was a prediction that didn't involve NC State. Looks like that is the case with most of his picks he didn't get right, i.e. they involved other schools.

He is only gotten one prediction wrong in the past two years and the one that was wrong was a prediction that didn't involve NC State. Looks like that is the case with most of his picks he didn't get right, i.e. they involved other schools.

I'm not giving up nut No Carolina St. is the one I've been the most worried about.

The “crystal ball” things are pretty iffy to me. The Bock guy had guys like Riley-Ducker and Deyo pegged to Iowa up to a day or two before they committed elsewhere, switched his predictions as message boards and other writers made their forecasts and still gets credit for being “99.2%” (or whatever astronomical number) accurate.
I realize they probably go on info from HS coaches, parents and maybe the kids themselves, but I don’t panic as much as I used to after seeing so many Iowa predictions go to other schools.

The “crystal ball” things are pretty iffy to me. The Bock guy had guys like Riley-Ducker and Deyo pegged to Iowa up to a day or two before they committed elsewhere, switched his predictions as message boards and other writers made their forecasts and still gets credit for being “99.2%” (or whatever astronomical number) accurate.
I realize they probably go on info from HS coaches, parents and maybe the kids themselves, but I don’t panic as much as I used to after seeing so many Iowa predictions go to other schools.
Recruiting is wild like that.

The Deyo story snuck up on a lot of people because of its sensitivity, and MRD was straight up telling people in IC he was going to Iowa during his final visit there.

Recruiting is wild like that.

The Deyo story snuck up on a lot of people because of its sensitivity, and MRD was straight up telling people in IC he was going to Iowa during his final visit there.
I don’t doubt it for a minute. I’m sure info changes on a dime for some of these kids. I just think it’s a bit misleading to say someone on a recruiting site has a 98% accuracy rate when they can change their picks at the last minute when new info comes out, sometimes after leaving the predictions up for months.
Basically, it’s the same as it ever was- not official until they’re signed and on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT