ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

I don’t doubt it for a minute. I’m sure info changes on a dime for some of these kids. I just think it’s a bit misleading to say someone on a recruiting site has a 98% accuracy rate when they can change their picks at the last minute when new info comes out, sometimes after leaving the predictions up for months.
Basically, it’s the same as it ever was- not official until they’re signed and on campus.
And even then with the stupid portal now...... :mad:

It is hard to land every Guy You target when You are going up against the OSU, MIch and NDs ect , the People who listed all Iowa's primary OL offers and thought we would land Them all were a lot more optimistic than I , Otting is a good example, Win some lose some. Best of luck to the Kid unless He faces Iowa then I hope He stinks that Game lol .

Saw Lainez was downgraded to a high 3 star.
Kendrick Raphael upgraded to a 4 star but NC State is the leader right now.

In all honesty, is Racioppi actually helping these kids?
He was Kenny Pickett's personal QB coach so he's had successes. He's had a ton of guys who have worked with him, so when you get that many/popular, going to have a mix of successes. I have zero knowledge of how much he helps players, but my guess is they wouldn't go back unless they were getting better.

I am sure that a QB, like any player, can always get better. But to an extent, there are things that differentiate between average and really good QB's that come down to whether or not a guy has the ability to process information quickly and make a play when the play goes to crap. Some guys have the awareness and athletic ability to sense the rush, escape and either run for a first down or throw accurately to a closely covered WR on 3rd and 8. And some guys just aren't ever able to do that, or at least not often enough to make them anything more than average.

He was Kenny Pickett's personal QB coach so he's had successes. He's had a ton of guys who have worked with him, so when you get that many/popular, going to have a mix of successes. I have zero knowledge of how much he helps players, but my guess is they wouldn't go back unless they were getting better.

I am sure that a QB, like any player, can always get better. But to an extent, there are things that differentiate between average and really good QB's that come down to whether or not a guy has the ability to process information quickly and make a play when the play goes to crap. Some guys have the awareness and athletic ability to sense the rush, escape and either run for a first down or throw accurately to a closely covered WR on 3rd and 8. And some guys just aren't ever able to do that, or at least not often enough to make them anything more than average.
Maybe it's the Iowa system that doesn't help, but Stanley didn't show a ton of improvement (although, I wish he was the current QB), he's worked with Petras now for 2 years at least, and currently working out with Marco.

Maybe it's the Iowa system that doesn't help, but Stanley didn't show a ton of improvement (although, I wish he was the current QB), he's worked with Petras now for 2 years at least, and currently working out with Marco.
Let us be honest since Beathard Iowa has had weakness at the QB position and really needs a Guy to " hit" and show the natural improvement You see at other schools , it is and will continue to be what holds Iowa back till that Guy steps forward , OL was a weakness last Year but was at least League average since Beathard left so I dont want to link the blame too heavy on OL . Petras wouldnt even be a back up at most good P5 programs . The fact Iowa is actually trotting Him back out this Year again is a direct condemnation of QB recruiting and Coaching . Iowa gets a lot of things right QB has not been one of them for the last few Years , Really hoping Labas, May , Lainez ends the cycle. Just takes 1 of Them to step up .

Let us be honest since Beathard Iowa has had weakness at the QB position and really needs a Guy to " hit" and show the natural improvement You see at other schools , it is and will continue to be what holds Iowa back till that Guy steps forward , OL was a weakness last Year but was at least League average since Beathard left so I dont want to link the blame too heavy on OL . Petras wouldnt even be a back up at most good P5 programs . The fact Iowa is actually trotting Him back out this Year again is a direct condemnation of QB recruiting and Coaching . Iowa gets a lot of things right QB has not been one of them for the last few Years , Really hoping Labas, May , Lainez ends the cycle. Just takes 1 of Them to step up .
Stanley was absolutely not a "weakness" at the QB position.

Kai Black is announcing today at 3:00, I hope I'm wrong, but assuming it's going to be ISU.

Well he was a four star while working with him. But one bad weekend in front of Rivals people hurt him.
I haven't seen anything about a rivals camp, I know he did the elite 11 thing last week and that was TOS based. Was there another camp immediately after that?

Including the ISU game in that statement is moronic, we don't win that game without him picking up first downs on the ground or his 3rd and 19 laser to ISM, and both Michigan and Penn State had more to do with the interior OL falling apart. Both games he still managed over 250 passing yards.

Even then, Stanley's worst game from a passer rating perspective in 2019 was a 69.26 against Nebby. Not a good game by any stretch, but there were some bad drops by Tracy and he still led the game-winning drive. It was his only sub-90 passer rating of 2019.

By contrast, CJB had 5 games in 2016 with a sub-90 rating. Not entirely his fault, but I digress.

TL;DR Calling Stanley a "weakness" is and always has been a take for people who don't know shit about football, they just parrot what they hear on message boards.

Black to ISU, not posting the tweet. I am assuming he isn't coming in for his OV on the 24th given the timing, but damn it would be great if he did.

Black to ISU, not posting the tweet. I am assuming he isn't coming in for his OV on the 24th given the timing, but damn it would be great if he did.
Doubt it. He'd been trending that way for some time anyways. Solid WR, but I'd rather he go to ISU than some B1G school.

Including the ISU game in that statement is moronic, we don't win that game without him picking up first downs on the ground or his 3rd and 19 laser to ISM, and both Michigan and Penn State had more to do with the interior OL falling apart. Both games he still managed over 250 passing yards.

Even then, Stanley's worst game from a passer rating perspective in 2019 was a 69.26 against Nebby. Not a good game by any stretch, but there were some bad drops by Tracy and he still led the game-winning drive. It was his only sub-90 passer rating of 2019.

By contrast, CJB had 5 games in 2016 with a sub-90 rating. Not entirely his fault, but I digress.

TL;DR Calling Stanley a "weakness" is and always has been a take for people who don't know shit about football, they just parrot what they hear on message boards.

Come on man! The ISU special teams bailed out Stanley. He didnt play well enough to win. He was a weakness, just admit it dude.

4 years prior CJB razzle dazzled that ISU defense and was the only reason we won that game. He was the strength of the offense and the team.

Why are you such an obnoxious homer?

Come on man! The ISU special teams bailed out Stanley. He didnt play well enough to win. He was a weakness, just admit it dude.

4 years prior CJB razzle dazzled that ISU defense and was the only reason we won that game. He was the strength of the offense and the team.

Why are you such an obnoxious homer?
Lmao, you are completely devoid of any logic whatsoever. The ISU teams CJB hammered on were also a combined 6-18 if you wanna go that route, they were at least average when Stanley played them (8-5, 8-5, 7-6).

You also conveniently ignored the points I made about Stanley's 3rd down conversions and scrambling against ISU. Some more stats I can add that you'll also probably ignore were Stanley getting sacked only once, whereas CJB took 7 in just two games against them.

The fact that I live rent-free in your head so much proves what a whiny buffoon you are. You're a petulant manchild that mistakes exclamation points and snarky responses for actual football knowledge, and you throw temper tantrums when people rightfully call you out for being a moron. You calling anyone on this board obnoxious is like a black hole calling the pot black.

Reactions: F5n5 and hawk224
ADVERTISEMENT