ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

I don't think Iowa really had a shot with Tibbs as soon as Purdue offered. Pretty much a no brainer for him. I think this effects the chances of Gilbert coming to Iowa as well. They are close and are HS teammates. I think it was going to be difficult anyway because it seems like the SEC schools are the favorite. Although, Iowa does have Lauk and Jones recruiting the Indiana guys so there is still some hope.

Buhr got a pick to ISU on the 247 which isn't surprising with all of the OL that it looks like Iowa ill get.

Hope they can land Allen along with Merrieweather.

Hopefully we get some good news on the TEs this week as well.

Some players actually want to go to a team that’ll showcase their abilities for the next level. What WR wouldn’t seriously consider Purdue under Brohm?
How many WRs have been drafted from Purdue over the past 20 years? Any in the first round?
🙂

How many WRs have been drafted from Purdue over the past 20 years? Any in the first round?
🙂

Didn’t realize Brohm had been at Purdue for 20 years?

He’s had 3 WR’s drafted. And will have more. Milton Wright would’ve been if he hadn’t flunked off the team.

Didn’t realize Brohm had been at Purdue for 20 years?

He’s had 3 WR’s drafted. And will have more. Milton Wright would’ve been if he hadn’t flunked off the team.
Oh most hated rival, congrats on the commit , win some lose some, now send us Your QB1 and We can all be Friends. You are +2 on WR transfers, You owe us.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Oh most hated rival, congrats on the commit , win some lose some, now send us Your QB1 and We can all be Friends. You are +2 on WR transfers, You owe us.
Seems we are tangling with Purdue on and off the field, especially with the Indiana and IL recruits. Didn't realize Gilbert is #2 player in state and has now visited Iowa and Purdue multiple times, 2 horse race? Also has offers from PSU, ND and Wisky.

Also something I noticed today, didn't realize TE Burhenn was in last weekend, some good offers out there from him as well, need some TE and WR in this class. Lauck is now recruiting him, reel 'em in!

Seems we are tangling with Purdue on and off the field, especially with the Indiana and IL recruits. Didn't realize Gilbert is #2 player in state and has now visited Iowa and Purdue multiple times, 2 horse race? Also has offers from PSU, ND and Wisky.
I read Kentucky might be His Leader but that was before the Iowa visit.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Gilbert is between Purdue, Kentucky, LSU and Iowa.

Reactions: BigOHawk
It's all about PU and Boiler1987 bragging about Purdue getting WRs to the NFL. For all the talent they've had, the results just aren't there.
I didn't read his posts and won't bother but brohms offense has made Purdue somewhat relevant which says a lot considering where they were a few years ago.

Reactions: boiler1987
I didn't read his posts and won't bother but brohms offense has made Purdue somewhat relevant which says a lot considering where they were a few years ago.
I agree as far as their impact on Iowa, Purdue has been a thorn in our side. Overall, Brohm has been less than mediocre. Purdue had one good year - last year - where they finished 9-4 with the bowl win. Other than that Brohm is 19 - 25 at Purdue, with a 14 - 19 record in the B1G. Nothing to brag about, not exactly a showcase for talent. The 3 bowl games they've been in under Brohm have been the Music City Bowl (twice) and the Foster Farms Bowl. Some venues, right?

I know that Iowa hasn't burned it up putting WRs in the league. At least until now, that hasn't been their forte. But Smith-Marsette was and is a damn good receiver. Iowa hasn't had 4-star receivers come in like Purdue has. But Iowa's record has been better than Purdue's. Even withan anemic offense the last 2 years.

It's all about PU and Boiler1987 bragging about Purdue getting WRs to the NFL. For all the talent they've had, the results just aren't there.
"Some players actually want to go to a team that’ll showcase their abilities for the next level." This quote by him is justified. You shifted the topic from offense/WRs to wins/losses.

Five Purdue WRs caught more passes than did our leader Ragaini - three of which caught more than 50 balls. They give their receivers opportunities to stand out.

Smith-Marsette's best season yielded only 44 receptions.

I agree as far as their impact on Iowa, Purdue has been a thorn in our side. Overall, Brohm has been less than mediocre. Purdue had one good year - last year - where they finished 9-4 with the bowl win. Other than that Brohm is 19 - 25 at Purdue, with a 14 - 19 record in the B1G. Nothing to brag about, not exactly a showcase for talent. The 3 bowl games they've been in under Brohm have been the Music City Bowl (twice) and the Foster Farms Bowl. Some venues, right?

I know that Iowa hasn't burned it up putting WRs in the league. At least until now, that hasn't been their forte. But Smith-Marsette was and is a damn good receiver. Iowa hasn't had 4-star receivers come in like Purdue has. But Iowa's record has been better than Purdue's. Even withan anemic offense the last 2 years.
I'd say a lot of their issues have been defense, not so much the offense.

I think brohms only had 2 4star wr, so he's not pulling in blue blood classes or anything.

Bottom line...any Iowa fan had better hope Jones and tt faul miserably this year! If they have good years it'll be very bad.

I think brohms only had 2 4star wr, so he's not pulling in blue blood classes or anything.

Bottom line...any Iowa fan had better hope Jones and tt faul miserably this year! If they have good years it'll be very bad.
Rooting for former Iowa players to fail miserably is a garbage take.

Maybe Terek knows the room is going to be pretty crowded??

I like Howland's upside better than Terek's. Proctor, Lauck, Howland, Jones would be a great OL class. Leonard is going to be a project but he may be a monster by his 3rd or 4th year. Howland and Jones will need 2-3 years as well which is OK considering how many second and third-year players there are.

Reactions: iowaflash
Brohm has shown he can not sure how that’s debatable? Your point was valid before Brohm got there though.

It’s funny how people just forget/deny how bad things were when Brohm took over. Calling it a dumpster fire would be an understatement. Do you not remember how bad Hazell was? Easily one of the worst 3 or 4 coaches in the conference over the last 30 years. Brohm getting us bowling in year 1 was nothing short of amazing.

"Some players actually want to go to a team that’ll showcase their abilities for the next level." This quote by him is justified. You shifted the topic from offense/WRs to wins/losses.

Five Purdue WRs caught more passes than did our leader Ragaini - three of which caught more than 50 balls. They give their receivers opportunities to stand out.

Smith-Marsette's best season yielded only 44 receptions.

This. On the flip side, we’ve struggled to recruit stud RB’s which is valid because of how much we throw the ball.

You’re right re the defense. Luckily it’s starting to become at least average and no longer a liability. But we’ll never be a defensive juggernaut by any stretch imo. Will still have to outscore people to win most of the time.

I like Howland's upside better than Terek's. Proctor, Lauck, Howland, Jones would be a great OL class. Leonard is going to be a project but he may be a monster by his 3rd or 4th year. Howland and Jones will need 2-3 years as well which is OK considering how many second and third-year players there are.
I am wondering whether Iowa knows where Proctor and Howland are going hence the 180 on Terek , 6 OL in the class is absurd heavy 5 i can see with different windows to hit the Field, weird Day

I am wondering whether Iowa knows where Proctor and Howland are going hence the 180 on Terek , 6 OL in the class is absurd heavy 5 i can see with different windows to hit the Field, weird Day
I have to think that’s the case. Or maybe He wants a shot to play tackle

ADVERTISEMENT