ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

The KP commitment kind of explains the Terek to Wisky pledge, imo.
Yeah, I would say the KP, Lauk, Leanoard, commitments with maybe Howland on board as well left no room for Buhr and Terek. I can't see them taking more than 5 OLs in one class. They wanted Terek to be a guard as well which I am guessing he would like a shot at tackle.

Reactions: MitchLL
Not really, because nobody brought up Buhr until he did, and Buhr wasn't a take for Iowa anymore (confirmed by Nick Osen for the ISU site).

Dude is just desperate for our attention.
I get your angst on 515Clone, but Buhr has been brought up on previous pages of this thread (I didn't take the time to go back and look but know it was fairly recent), just not today before that one. And, congrats to Hawk fans as Proctor is a MAJOR win, with extra bragging rights as he had the Alabama option.

I get your angst on 515Clone, but Buhr has been brought up on previous pages of this thread (I didn't take the time to go back and look but know it was fairly recent), just not today before that one. And, congrats to Hawk fans as Proctor is a MAJOR win, with extra bragging rights as he had the Alabama option.
Yes, but it's also been apparent since Monday that he was off the board. So as you said, it's all on 515Clown

Different programs recruit guys at different spots.

Recruiting services do their best to "place" guys ... but many who play on the line can go either way.
Thanks. I guess IA State will try him there. He'll still get destroyed by Iowa linemen, just defensive ones. 🙂

Thanks. I guess IA State will try him there. He'll still get destroyed by Iowa linemen, just defensive ones. 🙂
I'm also under the impression that our DL recruiting is focussed currently more on guys who can add a little octane on the edge. As always ... we want a guy who can play anywhere ... but getting an edge presence is still something I think is on our recruiting board.

Yeah, I would say the KP, Lauk, Leanoard, commitments with maybe Howland on board as well left no room for Buhr and Terek. I can't see them taking more than 5 OLs in one class. They wanted Terek to be a guard as well which I am guessing he would like a shot at tackle.
I agree.

But you're throwing water on the Clone fans that want to think they stole Buhr from the Hawks.

Covid will be rough on you down the line as well. “Rough” illnesses take their toll on you cumulatively and Covid is looking to be no exception and probably much worse than all other “annual” issues. I suppose if you don’t mind cognitive impairment or heart disease a decade or two down the road then don’t worry about your infections.
There is obviously NO EVIDENCE of something a decade or 2 down the road. No one knows - just like they don't know the long term effects of the shots.

Reactions: DewHawk
Iowa would take Terek if he wanted to come. Six with him five without him therefor no room for Buhr.

Proctor
Leonard
Lauck
Jones
Howland

There is obviously NO EVIDENCE of something a decade or 2 down the road. No one knows - just like they don't know the long term effects of the shots.
There is already evidence of brain injury and lasting cognitive impairment. The loss of smell correlate with the loss of cortical tissue is a bit ominous. We are already seeing lasting effects in people with mild infections. It’s a very pro-inflammatory virus. There will be long term issues, the question is how many will be affected and what will those impacts look like.

Reactions: Ree4
Hopefully you were vaccinated (tends to reduce the severity of the illness) ... and if things aren't good ... get medicine via your doctor. It's also good that there decent treatments for covid out there now.

But yeah, a close friend of mine is a health care professional who worked with folks with breathing issues ... and he didn't get to see the "nice" cases of covid. If it can take hold in your lungs - it can definitely do some serious damage.

Good luck - I wish you a speedy recovery.
Doing better. Thanks. I am vaccinated and boosted once. I didn’t have any breathing issues outside of a cough, thankfully. Just extremely tired, massive headache, skin was super sensitive (achy) and I had a crazy brain fog. My wife had a temp of 104.7 at one point which was a bit scary.

Reactions: BBHawk
OT Charles Jagusah of Rock Island Alleman, who had an Iowa offer but never seemed very interested, committed to Notre Dame.

OT Charles Jagusah of Rock Island Alleman, who had an Iowa offer but never seemed very interested, committed to Notre Dame.
This was the one early on that I hoped Iowa would get from ND. Dude has a great wrestling background and he visited Iowa multiple times in 2021, he was certainly interested.

Reactions: Digger1
There is already evidence of brain injury and lasting cognitive impairment. The loss of smell correlate with the loss of cortical tissue is a bit ominous. We are already seeing lasting effects in people with mild infections. It’s a very pro-inflammatory virus. There will be long term issues, the question is how many will be affected and what will those impacts look like.
Two years is not a decade - just saying...

Has anyone listened to the new podcast. Dochterman says Purdue has been negative recruiting against Iowa. Apparently what they have been saying was way out of bounds and Fitz and Chryst got wind of it and informed the Iowa coaching staff.

Has anyone listened to the new podcast. Dochterman says Purdue has been negative recruiting against Iowa. Apparently what they have been saying was way out of bounds and Fitz and Chryst got wind of it and informed the Iowa coaching staff.
I heard it as well.

If Pat ****in Fitzgerald is calling Iowa of all teams about what you've been saying, you're way the **** out of line. I hope we skull**** Purdue this year.

I heard it as well.

If Pat ****in Fitzgerald is calling Iowa of all teams about what you've been saying, you're way the **** out of line. I hope we skull**** Purdue this year.
Yeah, me too. Can imagine the coaches are pretty salty. Definitely sounded like Copeland was pretty fired up on his latest podcast. I am guessing maybe some of the comments were about either him or Brian or both.

ADVERTISEMENT