ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

listed above, it's not difficult to see. Losing recruits that were strong Iowa leans is a major problem and falls heavily on the head coach/coordinators. Can he turn it around, sure, but anyone that looks at this staff and feels good about the way things going forward are not looking at trends in recruiting.
So nothing then.

One of the first things you learn in statistics is that correlation does not equal causation, and there's barely any correlation here.

I'm not sure what you mean single confirmation of this, he has been in direct contact with key TE recruits, none of which have come to Iowa, reports of him shitting all over Cedric Boswell, Noah Fant, and Jaleel Johnson should all but confirm he has a problem. You believe what you will, this is not merely a "rumor" started on the message boards.
Brian might be a dick but calling a tattoo stupid is one of the dumbest ****ing complaints I've ever heard levied against a college coach. Especially because plenty of people do have stupid tattoos.

Fant never once spoke up about Brian other than they had disagreements in college but smoothed things over upon his departure.

Jaleel Johnson offered nothing but vague implications of Brian being an ass.

There is still absolutely nothing linking BF to any recruiting misses that isn't 100% speculation.

Brian might be a dick but calling a tattoo stupid is one of the dumbest ****ing complaints I've ever heard levied against a college coach. Especially because plenty of people do have stupid tattoos.

Fant never once spoke up about Brian other than they had disagreements in college but smoothed things over upon his departure.

Jaleel Johnson offered nothing but vague implications of Brian being an ass.

There is still absolutely nothing linking BF to any recruiting misses that isn't 100% speculation.
Just keep your head in the sand.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Common vernacular for people who have no way to back up their argument.
How about the fact that there is an on going lawsuit for discrimination against the offensive coordinator of a major college football program, is that better vernacualr? I suppose that correlation has nothing to do with the current recruiting problems Iowa has?

Reactions: not_mantiteo
How about the fact that there is an on going lawsuit for discrimination against the offensive coordinator of a major college football program, is that better vernacualr? I suppose that correlation has nothing to do with the current recruiting problems Iowa has?
And? It's a lawsuit that is very likely to fail and is an obvious gift. Literally anyone can be named in a lawsuit. Doesn't it make it legitimate.

I'll say it again:

The idea that BF has anything to with the recruiting misses is 100% made-up speculation.

And? It's a lawsuit that is very likely to fail and is an obvious gift. Literally anyone can be named in a lawsuit. Doesn't it make it legitimate.

I'll say it again:

The idea that BF has anything to with the recruiting misses is 100% made-up speculation.
How many other programs are dealing with problems like these or have former players suing the current offensive coordinator? I suppose there is no evidence of negative recruiting either?

How many other programs are dealing with problems like these or have former players suing the current offensive coordinator? I suppose there is no evidence of negative recruiting either?
Clemson and Oklahoma State went through almost the exact same thing past year and they shut it down by calling the frivolous allegations exactly what they were: bullshit.

And while there was a group of players with legitimate gripes and stories, there was a larger group of grifters and disgruntled guys who saw it as their chance to strike back, and when several Iowa writers decided to give exposure to anyone with a pulse that led to it spiraling out of control. There isn't a single guy in the former group that's a part of said lawsuit.

One of which was still trying to get his brother recruited by said school he’s suing. Which is it? It’s a bad place that discriminated against me or it’s a place where I’d like my brother to play.

Nothing really racist, just wanted uniformity and not a lot of individualism, which I also think isn’t a great thing all the time. For douche bags like Bomani Jones, Glenville equals ghetto.

I'm not sure what you mean single confirmation of this, he has been in direct contact with key TE recruits, none of which have come to Iowa, reports of him shitting all over Cedric Boswell, Noah Fant, and Jaleel Johnson should all but confirm he has a problem. You believe what you will, this is not merely a "rumor" started on the message boards.
Regardless of the level of truth to what has been said about Brian (and staff), it has very clearly steered recruits away from Iowa City for ‘22.

Total Bummer.

My “dream team” recruiting class for 2023:

QB: Marco Lainez
RB: Kaden Feagin
WR: Kyler Kasper
WR: Kai Black
TE: Jalyn Thompson
OL: Kadyn Proctor
OL: Cayden Green
OL: Trevor Lauck
OL: Dylan Senda
OL: Payton Lange
DE: Andrew DePaepe
DE: Joshua Mickens
DT: Tyler Gant
DT: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson
DT/OT: Charles Jagusah
LB: Asa Newsom
LB: Ben Kueter
DB: Alex Mota
DB: Watts McBride

Reactions: NevadaHawk

QB: Marco Lainez
RB: Kaden Feagin
WR: Kyler Kasper
WR: Kai Black
TE: Jalyn Thompson
OL: Kadyn Proctor
OL: Cayden Green
OL: Trevor Lauck
OL: Dylan Senda
OL: Payton Lange
DE: Andrew DePaepe
DE: Joshua Mickens
DT: Tyler Gant
DT: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson
DT/OT: Charles Jagusah
LB: Asa Newsom
LB: Ben Kueter
DB: Alex Mota
DB: Watts McBride
chances with all of them? like, individually

QB: Marco Lainez 60%
RB: Kaden Feagin 40%
WR: Kyler Kasper 95%
WR: Kai Black 30%
TE: Jalyn Thompson 50%
OL: Kadyn Proctor 70%
OL: Cayden Green 60%
OL: Trevor Lauck 60%
OL: Dylan Senda 60%
OL: Payton Lange 20%
DE: Andrew DePaepe 20%
DE: Joshua Mickens 20%
DT: Tyler Gant 60%
DT: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson 100% (duh)
DT/OT: Charles Jagusah 70%
LB: Asa Newsom 70%
LB: Ben Kueter 100%
DB: Alex Mota 80%
DB: Watts McBride 70% (if he gets a offer)
Just spitballing, no inside info (that's my own, anyways).

Not sold on Lange, personally. At a certain point, OL become too big, especially for a zone scheme.

chances with all of them? like, individually
QB: Marco Lainez (40%)
RB: Kaden Feagin (40%)
WR: Kyler Kasper (90%)
WR: Kai Black (30%)
TE: Jalyn Thompson (When we offer, he’s a lock)
OL: Kadyn Proctor (60%)
OL: Cayden Green (50%)
OL: Trevor Lauck (45%)
OL: Dylan Senda (50%)
OL: Payton Lange (When we offer, 35%)
DE: Andrew DePaepe (20%)
DE: Joshua Mickens (40%)
DT: Tyler Gant (45%)
DT: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson (Locked)
DT/OT: Charles Jagusah (40%)
LB: Asa Newsom (30%)
LB: Ben Kueter (Locked)
DB: Alex Mota (45%)
DB: Watts McBride (When we offer, 50%)

What's the story here? Seems like he should be a higher probability.
I’m still confident with him. Him and the staff haven’t really built a relationship yet. They could potentially be getting towards a better spot, but who knows. I personally am not very confident.

To piggyback off Central. People were surprised to see he was visiting for the PSU game, and wondering if he was going to see the Lions…

Hoping we can land Jagusah. Not sure if he projects more as DT or OT, but he and Maddux would be great anchors in the middle of our defense

If I had to predict today of the guys we have offered we land id say we get

Lainez
Feagan
Kasper
Wr To be offered
TE to be offered
Proctor
Green
Senda
4th Oline
Borcherding Johnson
Gant
Jagusah
4th dline
Keuter
2nd lb
Mota
Mcbride if we offer
3rd db

That Oline class would make the 21 class which was awesome look average. And we are looking as good as we could possibly be right now with Proctor and Green.

That’s probably 4 in the big ten behind the big 3 recruiting schools in PSU OSU and Michigan. You’re looking at 8-10 4 or 5 stars when all said and done and highly rated 3s.

If I had to predict today of the guys we have offered we land id say we get

Lainez
Feagan
Kasper
Wr To be offered
TE to be offered
Proctor
Green
Senda
4th Oline
Borcherding Johnson
Gant
Jagusah
4th dline
Keuter
2nd lb
Mota
Mcbride if we offer
3rd db

That Oline class would make the 21 class which was awesome look average. And we are looking as good as we could possibly be right now with Proctor and Green.

That’s probably 4 in the big ten behind the big 3 recruiting schools in PSU OSU and Michigan. You’re looking at 8-10 4 or 5 stars when all said and done and highly rated 3s.
You feel that good about Feagin? I still think we’re in a battle for him, and I wonder if the talent that will be in that room might turn him off. And I think we have a great shot at Joshua Mickens.

I could be way off and confusing him with someone else, but didn't he just move to Iowa to play in the Covid season?
I don't know much about DePaepe except what is posted on his recruiting page. If he did move to Iowa for that reason it would probably mean that he has family or close relatives here but that is just my speculation. The proximity to Iowa City normally has some pull for Iowa HS players but he seems to bes omewhere between no shot and a long shot from what is written here. I figured there must be more to the story.

ADVERTISEMENT