ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

It goes without saying. Unless you are first ballot HOFer, that Cyclone offer can be elusive.

It’s going to take some work, but he very well could earn the scholarship offer back during his senior season.

They don't have room for him. They have kids they rank higher begging to visit is what I heard.

Reactions: HerkyFan
First step complete. I imagine Nwankpa is going to be recruiting him hard. I like Iowa's chances. Probably most worried about Bama, Notre Dame and OSU.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
First step complete. I imagine Nwankpa is going to be recruiting him hard. I like Iowa's chances. Probably most worried about Bama, Notre Dame and OSU.
I was told notre dame is the biggest threat to the Hawks right now.

I was told notre dame is the biggest threat to the Hawks right now.
Wouldn't surprise me. Their head coach is a really good recruiter and they are already putting together a great class. They have a history of good lineman and are a good school.

It goes without saying. Unless you are first ballot HOFer, that Cyclone offer can be elusive.

It’s going to take some work, but he very well could earn the scholarship offer back during his senior season.
Maybe he will be in the second set of 300+ to get an offer.

Interesting that Wiltfong put in a pick for Leighton Jones to Iowa but Iowa hasn't offered yet as far as I know.
Odd, because he’s not a highly ranked kid either, this early it seems like we would still be elephant hunting

Odd, because he’s not a highly ranked kid either, this early it seems like we would still be elephant hunting
No he isn't highly ranked but not worried about that because he has been a guy they been recruiting for a little while so it isn't like it is some kind of fall back. Really good wrestler. Seems like he could be a good Center recruit. Wisconsin and Purdue are also recruiting him but haven't offered yet. He is coming back to Iowa for the March Junior day.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
I'm guessing Stillanos. No inside knowledge here, but I feel like a dark horse could be Patton.
I would guess Mota before Patton but who knows? One reason I didn't think it is Stillianos is because the Barnes tweet said something about "potential" which I thought was interesting choice of a meme. To me suggest a HS player and one that isn't highly ranked.

It doesn't seem to matter when the kid ups his weight class (speaking of Kueter) - he just destroys his competition.

Explosive athlete ... with one hell of a work-ethic. Tremendously competitive too. Does NOT set a low bar for himself.

I think that he's a stupidly underrated '23 football recruit.

I'm just curious where he'll end-up position-wise. Since many folks project him as a heavyweight in college ... that would suggest that he'd likely be on the DL.

However, most recruiting services list him as an LB-type.

If you look at his football production ... the dude lived in the opponents backfield.

It doesn't seem to matter when the kid ups his weight class (speaking of Kueter) - he just destroys his competition.

Explosive athlete ... with one hell of a work-ethic. Tremendously competitive too. Does NOT set a low bar for himself.

I think that he's a stupidly underrated '23 football recruit.

I'm just curious where he'll end-up position-wise. Since many folks project him as a heavyweight in college ... that would suggest that he'd likely be on the DL.

However, most recruiting services list him as an LB-type.

If you look at his football production ... the dude lived in the opponents backfield.
Iowa’s heavyweight now is about 245. He can play either LB or DE in college.

I think State Champion was just one of his awards. IIRC he was named “Wrestler of the year” in class 3a.

I hope he CAN do both wrestling and football at a high level. If he eventually decides he could be a National Champion wrestler but only if he focuses solely on wrestling, then … Godspeed young man. Kick some Penn State ass while you are at it!

It is a getting closer to the next Junior day. Hopefully, they can get a commit or two out of that.

ADVERTISEMENT