ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2020 Presidential Election Thread - The Purge***

I see zero chance of this not going to the SC. Tremendous effort was put into this to expand the rules around allowing questionable votes and ballots in key democratic areas who have proven to be untrustworthy once again. I just see no way the SC isn't forced to rule on which ballots they deem as acceptable.
Chris Wallace stated last nite that he feels the SCOTUS doesn't want to be involved.

I'm asking... Can they refuse to review this stuff?

Chris Wallace stated last nite that he feels the SCOTUS doesn't want to be involved.

Everything I've read says probably not. Trump appears to have no valid reason for a challenge even if the court squints really hard.

Reactions: ping72

Absolutely they can refuse.

And I 100% agree with Wallace. I'll admit that I may have missed it, but I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of rabble rousing by establishment Republicans to try to overturn anything in the courts. Maybe that will change, but I'm not seeing it, and judges are the most establishment of them all. Despite all the fearmongering.

I'd be really surprised to see real Republican power brokers lining up in favor of suing this thing into Thanksgiving.

This is the party where everyone got laid except your one friend that insisted on wearing a whole bottle of Drakkar Noir and an "Official Beaver Inspector" T-shirt. I mean, you're going to say the right condolences, but nobody's heart is really going to be broken for him.

So, all those armed Trumpsters at the polls couldn't frighten the mail in votes?

Trump didn't think this one out very well. 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Reactions: GOHOX69
It seems odd to me that the party led by a Dominican American could ignore Latinos.

The DNC continous to believe that Latinos vote monolithically and a Garcia from Cuba is the same as a Garcia from Nicaragua -- and that is observably false. Further, the DNC fell into the trap that Latinos, generally, don't vote. Historically, this was true for working class. But that is changing. The fact that the DNC ignored Latinos, relegated Julian Castro to a 1 minute statement at the convention.

The DNC continous to believe that Latinos vote monolithically and a Garcia from Cuba is the same as a Garcia from Nicaragua -- and that is observably false. Further, the DNC fell into the trap that Latinos, generally, don't vote. Historically, this was true for working class. But that is changing. The fact that the DNC ignored Latinos, relegated Julian Castro to a 1 minute statement at the convention.
Dunno what side of the political spectrum you're on but you're right about Julian. I'm Asian American (Indian) and I thought the Harris pick was terrible. What was she going to do? Shore up California? Joe should have picked Julian. Then Florida and Texas are in play and the R's are f'd way harder.

I don't think McConnell and his caucus will overly support any attempt Trump would make to fight the results. Mainly because I don't think Biden scares McConnell one bit. McConnell wields all the Senate power and can fight anything Biden tries to accomplish. The stack of bills will continue to grow on Mitch's desk.

Reactions: artradley
I don't think McConnell and his caucus will overly support any attempt Trump would make to fight the results. Mainly because I don't think Biden scares McConnell one bit. McConnell wields all the Senate power and can fight anything Biden tries to accomplish. The stack of bills will continue to grow on Mitch's desk.
Executive order the turtle's ass. It's basically legislation by fiat. Just Do it As Nike would say. If you win the big enchilada, they let you do many things :)

Reactions: MitchLL
Executive order the turtle's ass. It's basically legislation by fiat. Just Do it As Nike would say. If you win the big enchilada, they let you do many things :)
Excellent points. I hope the wave of EOs freaks Republicans to hell and back.

Karma will be a bitch.

Reactions: GOHOX69

Considering the ignorance of most voters and the reason most Cuban-Americans are against Democrats, I'm not sure giving anyone named "Castro" a prominent role at the virtual convention would have been a helpful idea.

Remind me again what people voted for when voting for Trump again? This country is so so ****ing embarrassing.

Dunno what side of the political spectrum you're on but you're right about Julian. I'm Asian American (Indian) and I thought the Harris pick was terrible. What was she going to do? Shore up California? Joe should have picked Julian. Then Florida and Texas are in play and the R's are f'd way harder.

I would suggest that the idea that the ethnicity of the VP has a minimal affect on the voting pattern of ethnic or racial minorities. And that is the the trap that the DNC keeps falling into. Maybe in the not too distant past, it carried more weight It is patently obvious that policy, messaging and regionality is more important. You just can't say anymore that having Julian Castro--without more substance--would move the dial for Latinos in places outside Texas.

I would suggest that the idea that the ethnicity of the VP has a minimal affect on the voting pattern of ethnic or racial minorities. And that is the the trap that the DNC keeps falling into. Maybe in the not too distant past, it carried more weight It is patently obvious that policy, messaging and regionality is more important. You just can't say anymore that having Julian Castro--without more substance--would move the dial for Latinos in places outside Texas.
You've got a point but it is plainly obvious that the Latino vote was very soft for Biden.

Here is my one and only post for this thread: EAT SHIT TRUMPYS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT