ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2021 Atlanta Braves thread ***

runkpanole

HB Legend
Nov 17, 2002
Figured since we are almost to February and hopefully pitchers and catchers will begin reporting in the next few weeks, I’d get this thread started.

We still have some big questions to answer.

The biggest seems to be with Ozuna and my understanding is the Braves would benefit in landing him if we have a universal DH.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Figured since we are almost to February and hopefully pitchers and catchers will begin reporting in the next few weeks, I’d get this thread started.

The biggest seems to be with Ozuna and my understanding is the Braves would benefit in landing him if we have a universal DH.
I want The Big O back, but I'd like to have a big 3B more.

Don't get too excited yet. Saw where owners want to delay the start a month and go to a full 154 game game schedule (with full pay as a sweetener).

Reactions: runkpanole
Don't get too excited yet. Saw where owners want to delay the start a month and go to a full 154 game game schedule (with full pay as a sweetener).
Yeah, I saw that after. I knew the reduced games with expanded playoffs was on the table, didn’t know about the delay. Not that I’m shocked about the delay.

Braves hire Chipper as a part time hitting coach

I've been pining for Chipper as hitting coach since he retired so this is a step in the right direction. I wonder if he ever leaves the Braves' organization. I doubt it. I don't think he even wants to be a hitting coach - can't drink during the games when you're on staff in the dug out - but at least this way he can probably drink in the sky boxes on company dime (not that he wasn't before...).

Glad they were able to sign him back. Now do we go after Jose Ramirez or call it good and go with what we got?

Would have liked to have kept Duvall.

Adam Duvall, Miami Marlins agree to deal
4:23 PM CT
  • Associated Press
MIAMI -- Outfielder Adam Duvall agreed to terms Tuesday on a one-year contract with the Miami Marlins.
At 32, Duvall will provide power and a veteran bat to a team that is expected to rely heavily on developing youngsters. Duvall hit 16 home runs last year for Atlanta, which would have led the Marlins.
Miami finished ahead of only four other teams in homers in 2020, and Brian Anderson led them with 11.
Duvall had an OPS of .833 in 57 games last year. He has hit 105 homers since 2016.

Reactions: runkpanole
Would have liked to have kept Duvall.

Adam Duvall, Miami Marlins agree to deal
4:23 PM CT
  • Associated Press
MIAMI -- Outfielder Adam Duvall agreed to terms Tuesday on a one-year contract with the Miami Marlins.
At 32, Duvall will provide power and a veteran bat to a team that is expected to rely heavily on developing youngsters. Duvall hit 16 home runs last year for Atlanta, which would have led the Marlins.
Miami finished ahead of only four other teams in homers in 2020, and Brian Anderson led them with 11.
Duvall had an OPS of .833 in 57 games last year. He has hit 105 homers since 2016.
Would have liked to resigned him, but I figured with no universal DH and Ozuna signing he would be gone.

Reactions: HROT
Now we've got Soroka, Fried, Morton et al, just need to get Greene and/or Melancon back...
If the pitchers can stay healthy, I think this team has a real shot at making the Fall Classic. Granted, the Dodgers are filthy loaded but with better pitching, I think the Braves could do it.

Pitchers and catchers would also be the name of a gay bar I open. NTTAWWT

Are we sure the rotation is going to be any good? Not excited about Smyly and hoping Wright can finally start meeting his potential but with no Soroka for some time, the early part the of season has me worried.

On the other hand, love the Morton signing and its good to see him in an Atlanta uniform again. Maybe we can get NLCS stud Bryse Wilson into the mix.

Are we sure the rotation is going to be any good? Not excited about Smyly and hoping Wright can finally start meeting his potential but with no Soroka for some time, the early part the of season has me worried.

On the other hand, love the Morton signing and its good to see him in an Atlanta uniform again. Maybe we can get NLCS stud Bryse Wilson into the mix.
I always worry about the back end of the rotation.

Reactions: HROT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT