ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Patiently waiting for the Lexi Hull fit check tonight

GVSSxD2WAAA0s2D

I would think every single player, all 143 of them, realize the WNBA wouldn't be getting half the publicity and notoriety they're getting if it wasn't for Clark.
The casual basketball fan never gave the W a second look before this season.
I think they do, now. While not every W game has been a sellout like the Fever, I believe attendance has been up across the board (anecdotally). I know the Liberty game sold out the other day, Mercury game had 14K in an 18 k stadium vs Sky, and that was for 2 shit teams.

Point being, CC22 is a Supernova, so why not grab onto the tail and take a ride instead of trying to prove how much you hate her because she is the most popular figure in sports right now? Also, CC22 is going to be getting hers the rest of the season. That stroll in front of the Seattle bench at the end of the game had a bit of a "**** You too" quality to it. I liked it.

I just found "Caitlin Clark Indiana Fever" game threads in the oddest place, at LSU Tigerdropping on the More Sports board.

They love her! And they call her "Queen Cait." Wonder how they settled on that, but I like it.

Furthermore, the "Angel Reese Double-Double" threads are like 90% sarcastic with some serious digs at AR.

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. I read the LSU/Iowa game thread after the game and I remember many being very impressed with C².
Stay away from the UCONN board. They are like:

Bored The Office GIF

Anecdotally, I talked to my parents yesterday who live in Pinehurst, who are in their 80s. I grew up in Wisconsin, and then they moved to Iowa during a 4-year window of my life which happened to be high school. They then moved to NC and have lived there 25 to 30 years. All of that lead in is to say my parents have no attachment to Iowa other than I live here, and they sent tuition checks to Iowa a long time ago. I asked them if they know who Caitlin Clark is and he said oh yeah, they just played this afternoon. So not not only does he know who she is he knows she's on the fever and that the fever played a few hours earlier. I bet he could not name another women's basketball player on the planet. That is her draw.

Caitlin now has 5 technicals this year, after her "disrespecting the game" T. With 12 games to go, will the WNBA really allow the refs to call 2 more technicals on her? She's so fiery and competitive, I don't see her altering her in game behavior much, if at all, as I think her outbursts are spontaneous and a product of her ultra-competitiveness. As I understand the rule, there is a one game suspension after the 7th technical. The implications of doing so would be huge. Impact the team's playoff run. Think of fans who paid a premium for a ticket to watch her play. The national backlash. It would be quite a black eye for the league.

Last edited:
Then she went down court and got swatted herself. :(
Well she was feeling it at that point. And then she felt the swat afterwards. I still like the play. Take it right at her and try to draw the foul. Didn't work there. The worst was the Samuelson play where she knew she was going to get swatted and didn't even try to take it strong.

I think this is the Clark assist that broke the rookie record. Clark passes the ball before she reaches the free throw line with Mitchell a step over mid-court. The ball gets to Mitchell just as she reaches the other free throw line. That means Clark threw the ball almost 60 feet to exactly the right spot, 30 feet ahead of Mitchell’s position when the ball was launched. In the photos, the top picture shows Clark, the ball already released, and Mitchell just across mid-court.

Check my math. I didn’t take into account that Mitchell and the ball were going slightly diagonally, increasing the distances a bit.

Caitlin now has 5 technicals this year, after her "disrespecting the game" T. With 12 games to go, will the WNBA really allow the refs to call 2 more technicals on her? She's so fiery and competitive, I don't see her altering her in game behavior much, if at all, as I think her outbursts are spontaneous and a product of her ultra-competitiveness. As I understand the rule, there is a one game suspension after the 7th technical. The implications of doing so would be huge. Impact the team's playoff run. Think of fans who paid a premium for a ticket to watch her play. The national backlash. I would be quite a black eye for the league.
I don't think the WNBA commissioner is that smart or even that aware. Just a mismanaged organization who I still believe don't fully understand what they have with CC22.

I don't think the WNBA commissioner is that smart or even that aware. Just a mismanaged organization who I still believe don't fully understand what they have with CC22.
When you’re an organization that doesn’t have to make money to survive, you don’t hire people that know how to do it….its never been important in the league, so they have a bunch of feel good hires.

CC is just one technical foul off tying Taurasi and Cloud for the league lead. Go Caitlin.

Bluder used to bring her own whistle to formal team scrimmages to "T-up" Caitlin because the student refs were too intimidated by her.

The WNBA is the Junior League compared to the NBA. Between Karl Malone, Charlies Barkley, and Rasheed Wallace they had 978 career technical fouls.

Reactions: MplsHawk
League MVP? ;)

FIRST TEAM ALL WNBA, for sure...right? But not good enough for the f'ing Olympics....yeah, still pissed about that....

Taurasi (sneering): She's a rookie. It ain't easy coming into this league; reality is coming, She'll need to pay her dues and learn how things are done in the big league. (Note - Taurasi was just expressing what many others in the league surely believed).

Caitlin (smiling): Reality bites. Dues - PAID IN FULL.

Caitlin mentioned Ticha Penicheiro was a flashier passer than herself. I gotta say Caitlin is in good company with the likes of TP, she was imo the W's Jason Williams. Crazy good.

I'll be honest that's a pretty incredible highlight reel. I find it funny that they call Chelsea Grey the point gawd in today's game but she's not even close to what this girl or CC can do. There's some talent in the league but there are very few legitimate pt guards that can actually pass the ball or see the court.

CC is just one technical foul off tying Taurasi and Cloud for the league lead. Go Caitlin.

Bluder used to bring her own whistle to formal team scrimmages to "T-up" Caitlin because the student refs were too intimidated by her.

The WNBA is the Junior League compared to the NBA. Between Karl Malone, Charlies Barkley, and Rasheed Wallace they had 978 career technical fouls.
That charlies Barkley was a hoot :oops:

I'll be honest that's a pretty incredible highlight reel. I find it funny that they call Chelsea Grey the point gawd in today's game but she's not even close to what this girl or CC can do. There's some talent in the league but there are very few legitimate pt guards that can actually pass the ball or see the court.
In a way, Caitlin reminds me of Maximus in Gladiator when he was told he kills too efficiently and quickly, and needs to put on more or a show, and he's like, are you not entertained? If she added some of that sizzle on I don't think there could be a more entertaining female basketball player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT