****OFFICIAL CR versus QC BASEBALL THROWDOWN THREAD***

Menace Sockeyes

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Cedar Rapids Bunnies???? That’s only a small step up from Cedar Rapids Crying Ovaries.
I’m impressed you knew our All-American Girls Professional Baseball League team name!

BTW, they could have gone with Canaries, Rabbits, Rockets, Raiders, or Red Raiders.

IA_HAWKI

HR MVP
Dec 1, 2021
A little off topic, but are they going back to the old playoff format this year or sticking with the 2 team, championship series post season like they had last year?

Menace Sockeyes

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Seems like an appropriate place to shit talk. The only thing better about CR is that it is 30 minutes closer to iowa city.

And that's one of the worst things about Iowa City
Little brother syndrome is real. We've got better schools, a better economy, a better arena, better hockey, better restaurants, better pizza, better beer, and soon the better baseball team. You have a few MWL titles this decade, and a nice stadium.
Plus your Bison Bridge to Nowhere coming. But are your civic building on an ISLAND?...

... Only Cedar Rapids and Paris have that distinction. The only time the Quads have been compared to Paris, is by the smell of the residents on public transportation. You hate us, because you ain't us. It's on alright! ;)

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
Little brother syndrome is real. We've got better schools, a better economy, a better arena, better hockey, better restaurants, better pizza, better beer, and soon the better baseball team. You have a few MWL titles this decade, and a nice stadium.
Plus your Bison Bridge to Nowhere coming. But are your civic building on an ISLAND?...

... Only Cedar Rapids and Paris have that distinction. The only time the Quads have been compared to Paris, is by the smell of the residents on public transportation. You hate us, because you ain't us. It's on alright! ;)
I haven't lived in the QC for over 25 years, and I never lived there as an adult, but I will give it a try:
  • Imaginary bison bridge > real mount trashmore.
  • While having the albatross of QC-style pizza, QC does have happy joes, which is better than any pizza in CR, other than possibly Need.
  • Your civic buildings on an island present a parking nightmare, and I hate your kiosk parking. I would rather have a golf course on an island anyway - advantage Rock Island (its only advantage in anything).
  • In terms of smell, in Iowa only Sioux City on the wrong day, and hog confinement lots, smell worse.
With all of that said, eff Nebraska.

Last edited:

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
I haven't lived in the QC for over 25 years, and I never lived there as an adult, but I will give it a try:
  • Imaginary bison bridge > real mount trashmore.
  • While having the albatross of QC-style pizza, QC does have happy joes, which is better than any pizza in CR, other than possibly Need.
  • Your civic buildings on an island present a parking nightmare, and I hate your kiosk parking. I would rather have a golf course on an island anyway - advantage Rock Island (its only advantage in anything).
  • In terms of smell, in Iowa only Sioux City on the wrong day, and hog confinement lots, smell worse.
With all of that said, eff Nebraska.
The QC also has better beer.

Reactions: General Tso

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004

Better arena my ass. The 5 seasons center or whatever the eff it's called is a pig under lipstick. And Aresenal Island could carpet bomb your puny island in a matter of seconds. Plus, how far do you have to drive to get Mary Jane legally? That's what I thought.