ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Cubs 2015 Thread****

I'm new to Iowa city, and still getting used to our mediation set up - but if I'm reading this right, it's really great news!!!

MLB Extra Inningss, anybody here get it? How much and is it worth it? Anyway to get the price down? tia

Originally posted by tWarnerHawk:
MLB Extra Inningss, anybody here get it?  How much and is it worth it?  Anyway to get the price down? tia

I had it a few years ago. When I moved they offered me free Sunday ticket. I asked if I could get mlb ei also and they threw it in since it was july. I asked a week ago the best deal and was offered $99 which is half off since I've been without having kcrg for almost 3 months.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

th

Let's go Cubs!

Stopped at my local to pick up a pizza for Mrs. Jelly and Cub fans are downright giddy. I'm a lifelong fan so maybe I just know better than to expect anything outside of pain and personal anguish.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Cubs looking sloppy and stranding runners, BAU. Glad I have no expectations for this team.

Soler booted a ball, Olt doesn't hustle, Castro and Coughlan can't make a play, and Lester has the yips throwing to bases. It's still early though.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The Cubs will not have any offense until Bryant
gets to Chicago in 2 weeks Wainwright beats
Lester tonight. Welcome to Wrigley Field ........
Mr. Joe Maddon..,,,,Some of your salary is for
aspirins.

Originally posted by ihawk in FWB:
Soler booted a ball, Olt doesn't hustle, Castro and Coughlan can't make a play, and Lester has the yips throwing to bases. It's still early though.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Lester is the Mackey Sasser of pitchers. Good land.

Good god, what an embarrassing mess that was. I enjoyed the atmosphere of a great opening day (weather helped), but the way they thought through the logistics of crowd management during construction was appalling. I think an intern devised the plan. I had to leave the park to go to the restroom, after I tried the upper deck first. Amazing - the Cubs should be ashamed. They're an mlb organization, and this was a joke. (End of rant - sorry)

MyNetwork TV WQAD 8.3 doesn't look like it is on Direct TV. guess i'll need to buy an antenna if i want to watch those ones

For those of us in Iowa City area without antenna/cable - 40 games will be on KCRG 9.2 or 9.3.

Originally posted by sultanofsuede:
Good god, what an embarrassing mess that was. I enjoyed the atmosphere of a great opening day (weather helped), but the way they thought through the logistics of crowd management during construction was appalling. I think an intern devised the plan. I had to leave the park to go to the restroom, after I tried the upper deck first. Amazing - the Cubs should be ashamed. They're an mlb organization, and this was a joke. (End of rant - sorry)
no lines for bathrooms in the suites.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Interesting minor league assignments. Starting off with Gleyber Torres landing in South Bend. Big assignment for an 18 year old. Jimenez will start in EST.
Schwarber in AA allows him to work primarily as a catcher. His bat is MLB ready in about a month. Kid can rake. Almora in AA is about right. I think they pushed him a little last year. It seems like he's been in the system forever, but, he's actually young to be in AA. Vogelbach is in AA, too.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to Des Moines to see what may be the greatest minor league infield of all time. Bryant, Russell, and Baez. Nice to see Jake Stinnet in AAA to start off the year.
Minor thing, but I thought it was interesting to see Gioskar Amaya switch to catcher. The Cubs seem more willing under the new regime to move guys around.

In the 2nd game of the home season the Cubs
have placed 77 porta-potties in the bleacher area.
Urine has damaged the Ivy on the brick walls of
the outfield. It is now possible there will be as
much $h!t on the field as off the field. Cubs are
a disaster.

1-1 start to the season against a team that will almost certainly play in the post season. I'm fine with that. Arieta was excellent today.

Originally posted by lucas80:
Interesting minor league assignments. Starting off with Gleyber Torres landing in South Bend. Big assignment for an 18 year old. Jimenez will start in EST.
Schwarber in AA allows him to work primarily as a catcher. His bat is MLB ready in about a month. Kid can rake. Almora in AA is about right. I think they pushed him a little last year. It seems like he's been in the system forever, but, he's actually young to be in AA. Vogelbach is in AA, too.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to Des Moines to see what may be the greatest minor league infield of all time. Bryant, Russell, and Baez. Nice to see Jake Stinnet in AAA to start off the year.
Minor thing, but I thought it was interesting to see Gioskar Amaya switch to catcher. The Cubs seem more willing under the new regime to move guys around.
Stinnett is starting the year at South Bend, low A ball. Not AAA.

I whiffed on Stinnett. I was positive he was in AAA, which was a big bump. He should rise rapidly.
Javy Baez has taken a leave of absence. His younger sister passed away from the effects of Spina Bifida. It is unknown how long he will be away from baseball.

Originally posted by dgordo:
Originally posted by sultanofsuede:
no lines for bathrooms in the suites.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
seriously? i've almost always had to wait 2-3 deep for a bathroom up there. did they finally upgrade the suites to have their own bathrooms? (maybe i'm mixing up the suites with the PNC club, or whatever its called now)

i get your point - it was ugly down there, and i had rahm stile seats - still missed a giant chunk of the game (just another "hey, i was there" moment at wrigley).

Originally posted by claykenny:
Don't get Extra Innings. Subscribe to the Sports Pack (assuming you have DTV) for about $12.00 or so per month. You get all the regional sports networks (YES, NESN, Comcast, FSN, etc.) and can watch 95% or more of the games you could watch on Extra Innings for a much cheaper price. Plus, you also get all the other programming on those channels that you won't get with Extra Innings (pre/post game shows, soccer, local sports, etc.).
False.

Typical Cubs against the Rockies today. Bases loaded and nobody out, yet they only scratch out one run.
Nice throw by Soler to throw out a runner trying to stretch out a single into a double. Soler has the potential to be special.

The Cubs took 2-3 from the Rockies. Last year they didn't win a series until late May. That's encouraging.
Run support has been spotty, but the bullpen has been excellent.
Kris Bryant is still hitting home runs. I expect him to come up on the road trip to Pittsburgh. Management may want to lessen the stress by making his debut away from Wrigley.

Lester tonight vs Reds, hopefully he shows some improvement.

Reds lost in 11 innings to Cards.

Chapman's htting the 99, need to get runs early.

Chapman1.gif.opt_.gif

ADVERTISEMENT