ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2017 thread*****

So, obviously you think Iowa State football has been a better program than Iowa football since 1998. Because head-to-head tells it all.

You tell me? How do we determine winners in sports? Iowa has the better all time head to head record, and is the better program. Do occasional upsets occur, of course.

All bullpens give up run, but when Carl Edwards is off, he is an absolute embarrassment.

The Cardinals are going to sweep this series.

What a moron. I thought this tweet was looking prophetic after the top of the 8th - glad to be wrong.

Excited to see Quintana tomorrow night in Wrigley. And the Cubs have hit Michael Wacha very well over the last couple of years, so hopefully that continues.

Awesome! A day you two will never forget.

Frankly, even had the Cubs lost, in the long run it still would have been an awesome, unforgettable experience.

Cherish it!:)
Will do, the kid had never witnessed a loss by the Hawkeyes, including the comeback against Pitt. He's my lucky charm. He was bragging about that before the back to back homers by the cards..... glad he was right.

Reactions: mstp1992
I don't think there's a guy in the majors that consistently runs the bases harder. If shortstops take their time getting routine grounders over to first, he'll beat them out.

Reactions: TheCainer
I still can't get over Bryant scoring from first on that flair by Bryant.

I don't think there's a guy in the majors that consistently runs the bases harder. If shortstops take their time getting routine grounders over to first, he'll beat them out.

Very underrated part of his game. Not many guys his size can run like that. That play in game 7 when he scored from first on rizzzos single was beautiful.

Lots of interesting name being floated around for relief help.
Brad Hand (Mr. Hand)
Justin Wilson
A. J. Ramos
Zach Britton
Joe Smith (Ugh)

Most of the targets appear to be under control for more than this season. I like that. If they can pull a deal along the lines of the Montgomery trade that is even better. A blocked player like Vogelbach and an arm worked out well.

Baseball is such a frustrating game. Multiple times Cubs hitters squared it up and smoked the ball but right at someone. Then they essentially win the game with a couple gimpy bloop hits. Rizzo gets the weakest game winning double of his life.

But that's the game, same thing pissed me off when I played it, pisses me off when I watch it, but man I love it.

The Rangers have had one of their top talent evaluators following the I Cubs this week. I'm not sure the Cubs will spring for Yu Darvish, but Jonathan Lucroy might fill a need. He should come cheaply.

My first Cubs game in Wrigley was August 8, 1989 against the Expos. Jerome Walton hit a leadoff HR to extend his hitting streak. Sandberg hit a HR late in the game to absolutely make my day and year as a 4 year-old. I was on cloud nine, only to be devastated two months later when Ryno grounded out to second base in Candlestick to end the NLCS. I am thrilled to have seen a WS title, and now I want more.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Galindo, eddy Martinez, Tom hatch
That is a lot for a guy who missed half of this season, and will be owed $14-15 million next year. Martinez not so much, but we need Hatch and our young pitchers to develop, and Galndo is a lottery ticket.
The Marlins must dump salary this year, and Ramos should top out at $10 million next year.

I just turned over from GoT to see Contreras go deep. So glad I drove to Clinton one night to see him. The ball sizzled off his bat that night. What a find and what hard work for him to get to the majors.
How cool was it for the kid in the Cubs shirt to catch that HR?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Ok, if rondon can get right, that makes us much better. Interested to see if Dillon Maples cam contribute

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT