ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

Top of the 9th, up 3, Kimbrel coming in....
tenor.gif
Good start. Get that crisp single out of the way. No mow 'em down!

Reactions: HawkRugged17
I don't care how much of a waste - in all ways - it would be to not use him if they keep him around, but Kimbrel needs to be demoted to a 5th or 6th inning reliever in blowouts (either way) and used for nothing else.

He's single handedly tried to turn this (should be soon) 9-2 record into a 7-4 or 6-5 one.

Reactions: noleclone2
Got to use him at some point. I would have a very short leash, though.
The problem is the only way to give a pitcher a short leash this year is to bring him in with one or 2 outs. A P has to either face 3 innings or finish an inning. I don’t know if they outright cut him but I agree, he needs to be demoted to middle inning relief if facing 3 batters won’t kill them.

If they don't - or until they do - make a move for a closer, just plug Jeffress in that role. He's been lights out in his outings so far and has cleaned up a couple Kimbrel-started messes as well.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Some of you guys are too negative. Look at it this way, he's only hit one batter. That's a positive to build off of.

More like realists. We aren't just imagining how bad Kimbrel's been. There's many a bruised baseball, empty(ish) K-zones, and stepped on bases to more than prove the case.

I'm so confused with kimbrel. Velocity is there. But when the players make contact, the ball is hit hard and deep. Hes not giving up bloop singles, he's giving up hard hit balls.
There's no fans at the games, so he's not hearing boos or moans!

I'm so confused with kimbrel. Velocity is there. But when the players make contact, the ball is hit hard and deep. Hes not giving up bloop singles, he's giving up hard hit balls.
He must be tipping his pitches. They’re just sitting on that fastball, completely ignoring anything else.
Whatever his problem it’s time to dump him. If he ever figures ‘it’ out again, then good for him. I just don’t want to see him in a Cubs uniform.

Reactions: HawkBall23
The only thing holding the cubbies back is the BP. Great offense and defense but BP needs to be better. A big reason they won it all in 2016 was because of having a great BP behind very good starters.

Actually, the fans are not allowed at games because they might get injured by a Kimbrel pitched, batted ball.

Nothing to do with Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT