ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

Why in the world would you throw Baez anything else than sweeping cutters or breaking balls???

I'm happy to say that Cease deserved to give up that bomb. 5-0

Reactions: QChawks
Bellino is a joke behind the plate. That ball was (at least) two inches above the top of the zone.

Frigging Brewers. 5-0 StL in the 5th, of a 7-inning game.

So even if Cubs win tonight, still have a magic # of 1.

Even Caratini has joined the HR party tonight. (first of the year)

Jeffress does a Spiderman on the fence after Mazzara jumped after the HR ball - in Mazzara's grill. Lol.

I love watching the Sux implode. haha

And that HBP was completely intentional. No doubt about it. The only thing I'm surprised about is it took another Contreras AB to get plunked, after that big bat flip after the HR. But honestly, he tossed the bat a little emphatically on his next AB after the walk, too.

Save a couple of runs for the rest of the weekend, guys.

Traditionally, a big spot on the scoreboard in one game means a combined 2-3 runs in the rest of the games of a series.

Save a couple of runs for the rest of the weekend, guys.

Traditionally, a big spot on the scoreboard in one game means a combined 2-3 runs in the rest of the games of a series.

I said this same thing Wednesday night. 0-fer on Thursday, offensive explosion tonight, and probably 2-3 runs to end the season.

Tonight starts the sweep of the Sox. Then on to the playoffs with momentum.

Off to a good start after 5 HRs and 10-0 final.

tenor.gif

Reds redturds Marlins....who we want to play? I'm thinking Marlins?

Probably doesn't matter though. Bats show up we're good if not we're screwed.

I love watching the Sux implode. haha

And that HBP was completely intentional. No doubt about it. The only thing I'm surprised about is it took another Contreras AB to get plunked, after that big bat flip after the HR. But honestly, he tossed the bat a little emphatically on his next AB after the walk, too.
Have you ever seen Tim Anderson after he hits a homer? Anderson is a prolific, and demonstrative bat flipper. Poor form for the Sox here. I am hopeful that the pitcher did it on his own.

Have you ever seen Tim Anderson after he hits a homer? Anderson is a prolific, and demonstrative bat flipper. Poor form for the Sox here. I am hopeful that the pitcher did it on his own.

I don't watch the White Sox as a matter of choice, unless its the only game available to me. But that said, they showed a replay of Anderson's antics after a HR vs CLE last season.

Yeah. Sox being Sox in plunking Willy two ABs past the HR bat flip.

I don’t know anything about the Marlins but I’d like to stay away from that Reds pitching staff.

In a short 2 or 3 game series, a team does not want to face a duo or trio of Bauer + Gray + Castillo if they can help it.

All in all, would prefer the Marlins. Cubs won't really 'know' them at all from this season, with it being an out-of-division matchup, but same goes for Miami as well.

Reactions: MuscoHawk
Anyone know who owns the tiebreaker, for seeding purposes, if the Cubs and Braves end up with identical records after tomorrow's games?

It would take a Cubs sweep of the CWS and a BOS sweep of ATL, but BOS has a 8-0 lead in ATL, going to bottom of the 4th - after beating the Braves last night.

Game's not over, yet - only in the 4th, but..... fug. Those 5 runs - brought on by mental errors - feel like daggers currently.

Good thing MIL still up 2-0 in StL, in the 7th.

He bat flipped like once. You don't have to lie to kick it.

ADVERTISEMENT