ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

12 RBIs in 15 at bats, and Bryant has 5 total on the season? I don't know what's wrong with Kris, and yes I know he has batted lead off a lot, but I dont think his big free agent pay day is going to materialize. I wish Ross would play Bote regularly at 3B.
I've said this before, KB might be cut this off season. Unless the Ricketts family decides to cover some payroll with their cash, the Cubs, and a lot of teams around MLB are going to slash payroll for next season. Especially if anything other than full stands is in the cards for next season.
KB will get a large raise simply due to his arb status, and if I am the Cubs and I have to pick between Bryan, Baez, and Contreras, I'm letting KB walk. Love him, and love what he does when he is healthy, but if he's looking at $20 million for next season and there is no plan to have full stands, you gotta make tough choices.

So I wasn't watching, but did I see the Cubs ended the game with the bases loaded and couldn't even get just one lousy run across?

This offense is all or nothing most the time - and it was big sack of nothing the past three games. If not for Hill's lack of settling in to start the game, the Cubs probably lose Friday night's game in extras and get swept. Outscored 12-2. Last 3 regular season home games, and that is the effort given. Ugh. The Twins are no slouches, but the (starting) pitching efforts in all three games did not match the outcomes. Mills and Darvish got shafted.

Now that Happ's ABs have gone back to "could use an option to AAA Iowa for a little while" status, the only guys I want to see in the batter's box these days are Heyward, Bote, Contreras, Rizzo & Schwarber (maybe Hoerner sometimes, as well). And in that order.

KB and Baez are two peas in a pod, this season. Go up there swinging if its anywhere within the neighboring zip code of the K-zone and if the pitch connects with their bat and they get a hit out of it, it was likely a missed location by the pitcher. Just horrible approaches and plate discipline from previous All-Stars and even a league MVP a few short years ago.

Reactions: SpyderHawk
Now that Happ's ABs have gone back to "could use an option to AAA Iowa for a little while" status, the only guys I want to see in the batter's box these days are Heyward, Bote, Contreras, Rizzo & Schwarber (maybe Hoerner sometimes, as well). And in that order.

Schwarber is awful right now at everything. Not sure what to do in left field now because Maybin loafed after a couple of balls as well.

So I wasn't watching, but did I see the Cubs ended the game with the bases loaded and couldn't even get just one lousy run across?

This offense is all or nothing most the time - and it was big sack of nothing the past three games. If not for Hill's lack of settling in to start the game, the Cubs probably lose Friday night's game in extras and get swept. Outscored 12-2. Last 3 regular season home games, and that is the effort given. Ugh. The Twins are no slouches, but the (starting) pitching efforts in all three games did not match the outcomes. Mills and Darvish got shafted.

KB and Baez are two peas in a pod, this season. Go up there swinging if its anywhere within the neighboring zip code of the K-zone and if the pitch connects with their bat and they get a hit out of it, it was likely a missed location by the pitcher. Just horrible approaches and plate discipline from previous All-Stars and even a league MVP a few short years ago.
The Cubs loaded the bases on a missed 3rd strike on a strike out, a HBP, and a walk. Hoerner then struck out on a check swing to end the game. No one got a hit in that "rally". 😖

I think they have worst BA with bases loaded in mlb somehow and just finished worst offensive season ever at Wrigley by over 20 points. It's time to clean house with these amazing underachievers. Had to tank for 5 full seasons to have 1 great one, and they still almost blew that. Lots of fat cats in that organization from top down

I think they have worst BA with bases loaded in mlb somehow and just finished worst offensive season ever at Wrigley by over 20 points. It's time to clean house with these amazing underachievers. Had to tank for 5 full seasons to have 1 great one, and they still almost blew that. Lots of fat cats in that organization from top down

Perhaps skinnier cats who aren't in first place would be preferable?

One of the best ABs by Caratini this year, one of very few. An RBI 2B.

(thank god for the big spatious outfield in PNC for that one - IE, Kipnis being able to score from first)

2-0 Cubs.

The Cubs loaded the bases on a missed 3rd strike on a strike out, a HBP, and a walk. Hoerner then struck out on a check swing to end the game. No one got a hit in that "rally". 😖

Lord, how I wish I could say that was "surprising" the Cubs couldn't make it 'a game (score-wise' in that situation. But that would be a total farcical lie.

Too bad it isn't allowed for a guy to play defense but have someone else hit for him, because both Baez and KB are net negatives at the dish this season. And as much as it pains me to say this, Rizzo has been slightly trending that way, as well, lately.

Baez' last AB tonight (3 bad whiffs on obviously wide sweeping curves) was a horrible one for a little leaguer, let alone a recently previous MLB All-Star.

Perhaps skinnier cats who aren't in first place would be preferable?
First place means nothing if they can't hit in postseason either, pitching has carried these guys....along with heyward, Happ, willy. Luckily there's no other good teams in division. Bust em up

First place means nothing if they can't hit in postseason either, pitching has carried these guys....along with heyward, Happ, willy. Luckily there's no other good teams in division. Bust em up
You are right about the pitching. As of yesterday the Cubs were leading the majors in Quality Starts. They have also been fortunate that none of the other NLC teams are hitting worth a damn either.

Reactions: blhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT