ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

First two batters HBP. Two on, no out. Followed by a GIDP on the very next pitch and a strike out to leave a man stranded at 3rd - trailing 0-1 on the scoreboard. All this against the worst league in the team. And also knowing going in that a win locks them into the postseason 'tournament'.

There's the Cubbies I know and love.

🤮

First two batters HBP. Two on, no out. Followed by a GIDP on the very next pitch and a strike out to leave a man stranded at 3rd - trailing 0-1 on the scoreboard. All this against the worst league in the team. And also knowing going in that a win locks them into the postseason 'tournament'.

There's the Cubbies I know and love.

🤮

s-l640.jpg

First place means nothing if they can't hit in postseason either, pitching has carried these guys....along with heyward, Happ, willy. Luckily there's no other good teams in division. Bust em up

Better than the alternatives. Have watched some pretty good hitting teams finish last

Cubs have clinched a postseason spot due to a Nationals DH sweep of Philly.

(but don't tell the Cubs that, make them think they still need to win this [cause they need to get that division magic number down to 3] - oh, and also need to stay ahead of ATL for the 2-seed)

Last edited:
Kimbrel (possibly) in a tie game, where the game is over if he gives anything up - assuming Chafin doesn't first.....

tenor.gif

As an aside to the above, if Chafin gets the Cubs to the 10th, the bats better get at least 2, cause I'm betting Kimbrel lets the Pirates plate (at least) their 'free' runner.

Of course. *sigh*

But thanks, Nats. For doing what the Cubs couldn't.

So, NLC magic number still at 4 and now a game back of ATL for the 2-seed. God, anyone but the f*ing Cardinals in the WC round (or the Reds, preferably).

Cubs have clinched a postseason spot due to a Nationals DH sweep of Philly.

(but don't tell the Cubs that, make them think they still need to win this [cause they need to get that division magic number down to 3] - oh, and also need to stay ahead of ATL for the 2-seed)
Party at some batting cages!!

How bad has the NL Central been this year, when a team that can't hit (consistently) for s* is going to win the division? This year has been one of opposites. When the pitching sucked in the early portion of the season, the bats were winning games. Now that the pitching is carrying the load, the bats have disappeared. (some loud outs tonight, but still means outs and no hits or runs)

Thank God the Cardinals were too selfish and stupid to take the Covid rules seriously enough early on to screw themselves over with all the missed games and DH makeups.

For how bad the division supposedly is it could end up being the only division to get 4 teams in the playoffs.

For how bad the division supposedly is it could end up being the only division to get 4 teams in the playoffs.

I guess its an indictment of the whole NL then, because bragging about getting the most teams in from one division isn't exactly great when the last two included are hovering at, around or below .500.

I guess its an indictment of the whole NL then, because bragging about getting the most teams in from one division isn't exactly great when the last two included are hovering at, around or below .500.

NLC interleague games were also against the only division to currently have 3 teams clinched for the playoffs.

Expansion to 8 teams will always get you .500 teams competing for the playoffs. Just ask the NBA and NHL. Toronto and Houston will be .500ish playoff teams from the AL.

AL has 7 teams with 30+ losses currently. NL has 5.

Last edited:
Better than the alternatives. Have watched some pretty good hitting teams finish last
Well of course, but still an amazing squandering of talent from bryant, rizzo, schwarber, baez. I'd say keep baez, happ, willy, rizzo but every other position player on the table. And bye Chumpwood.... Nice they are in playoffs but after last 2 September shit shows I'm not holding my breath. Ricketts mostly worried about their $ now

So frustrating.

Struggling against the worst team in the league. And when do scald the ball, its right at someone. Ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT