ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

A very un-Hendricks like start with back-to-back HRs allowed from this being a 1-1 game, or even a 1-0 Cubs advantage.

He was the usual wizard after those two long-balls given up, but with this "offense", those two first inning pitches could very well end up being the game decider.

A very un-Hendricks like start with back-to-back HRs allowed from this being a 1-1 game, or even a 1-0 Cubs advantage.

He was the usual wizard after those two long-balls given up, but with this "offense", those two first inning pitches could very well end up being the game decider.
A lot like last year iirc

Christ. This should have been a 4-0 start to the week. Joke and choke.

And this is why I don't want the Cardinals as the Cubs' WC matchup......

Don't want to put up with guys I work with, Cards fans, being all smug and s* if & when they win it. Which will happen, unless Jobu blesses these useless and/or bad luck-ridden Cubs' bats between the end of the regular season and a week from now.

Don't want to put up with guys I work with, Cards fans, being all smug and s* if & when they win it. Which will happen, unless Jobu blesses these useless and/or bad luck-ridden Cubs' bats between the end of the regular season and a week from now.
Lol...

God damn! The Cubs are just horrible!!

Happ is worthless, Schwarber is worthless!

What is wrong with these assholes?!?!

For one thing, they have no fortitude. They don’t understand what it means to give 100% each and every game. They’re just coasting in your the post season with no cares whatsoever about playing well.

Watch them hang a 10-spot tomorrow, and then score 3 runs combined during the Sox series. That’s usually how it goes when they get like this.

It could get really ugly on the SouthSide this weekend. White Sox are in a fight with Minnesota for the AL Central, so they will be looking to kick the crap outta the Cubs - even more so than usual.

Reactions: TheCainer
Baez is an absolute unfunny joke in the batter's box this season.

I bet a pitcher could mime throwing the ball and he'd still be fricking hacking at 'it'.

Im amazed when a pitcher gives him a strike. He’s more than happy getting himself out with balls 5 feet off the plate

Reactions: HawkBall23
Im amazed when a pitcher gives him a strike. He’s more than happy getting himself out with balls 5 feet off the plate

Its like he goes into ABs with the mindset approach of "I'm swinging. No matter what. I'm either lauching one 450 feet or sitting my azz back down on the bench after a swinging K in a few pitches".

Its like he goes into ABs with the mindset approach of "I'm swinging. No matter what. I'm either lauching one 450 feet or sitting my azz back down on the bench after a swinging K in a few pitches".

Known as the Sammy Sosa approach. :)

4eTEtr.gif

Are the Cardinals only going to play 58 games? They are currently 27-26 and have a 5 game series with Milwaukee starting today. I wonder how those missing 2 games might figure into the playoff race?

Cardinals Schedule

Are the Cardinals only going to play 58 games? They are currently 27-26 and have a 5 game series with Milwaukee starting today. I wonder how those missing 2 games might figure into the playoff race?

Cardinals Schedule

I don't remember my source for this, but I believe they will play a make-up doubleheader against the Tigers on Monday if those games are necessary to figure out seedings.

Gawd, the Cubs suck. Playing like they’re done with the season.

Sticking with YTTV meant I saw three games this season, with the Cubs losing every one horribly. Between the putrid offense and dead atmosphere of baseball w/no fans, I've never thought I made the wrong choice. The season was made for radio, which gave the illusion of normality at least.

^

A Cubs and Brewers win tonight locks up the division for the Cubbies.

Long 2.5-3 hour wait to find out, though.

God damn! The Cubs are just horrible!!

Happ is worthless, Schwarber is worthless!

What is wrong with these assholes?!?!

For one thing, they have no fortitude. They don’t understand what it means to give 100% each and every game. They’re just coasting in your the post season with no cares whatsoever about playing well.
You're right on schwarber and throw KB in there but Happ basically carried us for first half of season so he gets a pass. I can't believe how bad rizzo and baez have sucked, the rest I kind of expect anymore. Bryzzo, baez, schwarber should all be ashamed of themselves for their 2020 performance. Unwatchable. Cubs hit .214 at Wrigley this season ....by far worst ever. Next worse was 2015 (.237).

Last edited:
Reactions: mstp1992
This lineup is full of dead weight, offensively.

Other than an occasional masher like Schwarber or Rizzo, pretty much only Heyward is making good contact on a relatively sort of consistent basis - and most of those are 'loud outs' recently, to keep trend with the rest of the offense.

Without the pitching and defense, this team would be up a creek and no paddle.

Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT