ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2022 thread*****

Fourth to first isn't that tough. I think it's world series or bust for the Cubbies!

Let's go!

Cubs better be a playoff team next year, playing at the top of the division the entire season or else Hoyer needs his ass kicked to the curb. I’d say he needs to be kicked in the nuts, but I don’t think he has any given the way he supposedly capitulated to Ricketts.

Cubs better be a playoff team next year, playing at the top of the division the entire season or else Hoyer needs his ass kicked to the curb. I’d say he needs to be kicked in the nuts, but I don’t think he has any given the way he supposedly capitulated to Ricketts.
So, you blame Hoyer for this year, huh?

The Chicago Cubs have helped the SF Giants
in their quest for the World Series this year.
Kris Bryant went 3 for 3 and hit a solo home
run in their opening 4-0 win over Dodgers
in the playoffs yesterday.

Reactions: mstp1992
I have no idea if Carter is good or not?

Hope they checked his emails! :)

200.gif

Reactions: lucas80
Herz was especially pleasant to watch this year coming off of the lost year of Covid. I hope they can push him next year. Davis needs ABs, so he'll undoubtedly spend the year at AAA, but if it's a suck fest again, he'll come up at some point.
Herz should definitely see AA by next season.
We’ll see how he starts, but if Brennan Davis picks up where he left off, I think he’ll be in Chicago by the All-Star break. I don’t think his case will be about service time manipulation, just getting him a couple months in AAA to make sure he’s ready. He’s young and I think close to ready, but they don’t want to break him by pushing him too fast.

So, is the DH a sure thing in the NL next year? Brett Taylor on BN is floating a potential trade with the Padres to bring Hosmer to the Cubs, and a prospect in exchange for eating his salary. The only way that works is if he can DH.

Reactions: TheCainer
Al Yellon on BCB is pitching a Heyward to the Padres for Hosmer bad contract swap, where maybe some prospects get thrown in by each side, or maybe Frank The Tank because he could play 1B for the Padres full time.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT